PlayStation is “Reevaluating how we operate” due to recent layoffs. Twisted Metal Canceled due to layoffs! |UP| Guerilla loses 10% of its staff.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It’s that why they still keep getting 88 Meta + and still keep being nominated for GOTY awards? 😂🤣
Yeah his post didn't make sense. Those games are selling millions upon millions, even the remasters.

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
A twisted metal gaas game would have failed anyway. Why does sony keep trying to bring back this ip. They tried twice already before. They should work on the jrpg ips like legend of dragooon. Would have more success.
I don't know, it could fill the itch rocket league has, in a different way. However, we'll never know.

Reactions: Systemshock2023

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
A twisted metal gaas game would have failed anyway. Why does sony keep trying to bring back this ip. They tried twice already before. They should work on the jrpg ips like legend of dragooon. Would have more success.
you had me before dropping legend of dragoon as the antidote.

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
all the opposite.

the "sony game formula" has lost its luster
they are borderline ubisoft-esque in the way the approach their design.

Which Sony formula?

God of War - Last of Us - Ghost of Tsushima - GT - Helldivers 2 - Returnal, these are nothing alike.

Meanwhile Watch Dogs - Assassins Creed - Far Cry are essentially the same game.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Damn, why cancel it when its probably closer to release?

Another TV show wasted. (TLOU tv series was gonna boost TLOU Factions 2)

Because it was live-service meaning you need to keep a good amount of people on staff working on that title. If it wasn't internally looked at as anything stellar then thats why they are canning it.

I think Helldivers 2 shows them their path forward. SAME WITH Ghosts of Tsushima raid mode. I think they expanded too much and that on top of studio budgets being too large caused this.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Which Sony formula?

God of War - Last of Us - Ghost of Tsushima - GT - Helldivers 2 - Returnal, these are nothing alike.

Meanwhile Watch Dogs - Assassins Creed - Far Cry are essentially the same game.
Tell him again!

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
all the opposite.

the "sony game formula" has lost its luster
they are borderline ubisoft-esque in the way the approach their design.
Pointing fingers at others while writing borderline idiotic comments yourself, the irony.

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
The irony of what

People still want good amazing single player rpg...look at elder scrolls, final fantasy, witcher, baldurs gate etc
hahahahaha

even accepting your premise, Legend of Dragoon is the franchise people are waiting for? why not Kingdom of Paradise? why not White Knight Chronicles?

Airbus

Veteran
30 Jun 2022
hahahahaha

even accepting your premise, Legend of Dragoon is the franchise people are waiting for? why not Kingdom of Paradise? why not White Knight Chronicles?
What is wrong with people wanted their favourite game in the past getting remaked?

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
So from all lives services to be release until next FY…

1 Released
3 cancelled
2 nobody knows (includes Bungie’s Marathon)

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
What is wrong with people wanting their favourite game in the past getting remaked?
go ahead and say that, don't act like it's the missing piece that's gonna bury this whole live service trend. i want a new Pursuit Force for the PS5, but that's just kind of a me thing.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
I always hate hearing tht shit. I respect the Nintendo CEO at one point cutting his pay and other exec pay during cash flow issues.
Iwata taking that pay cut had nothing to do with actually making ends meet, it was about investor confidence and getting them to let him continue running the company. These layoffs clearly are about maintaining profitability. We can basically tell that from the stuff that leaked out of Insomniac.