PlayStation Plus price has increased

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
This is what sub services is all about. Price hikes left and right. Movie studios have been doing this for a long while now with their sub services so nobody should be surprised that Xbox and PS would do the same. I'm just laughing my ass off at the clowns who thought that gaming sub services would be the next big thing this gen and that people will flock over to it because sub services would be cheaper than buying games. With how frequent games (newly released ones at that) are going on sale, buying games that appeal to me is actually costing me less than if I was subscribed to one of these higher tier sub model.

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
There needs to be alot more premium games from PS1/PS2 if they want that kind of money from me

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Either they're going to add more games or it's just fucked up.
If they do add a lot more games ( like PS2 classics), they should have raised the price AFTER the fact. I do not think that will be the case though, as someone already said Xbox is in such a mess that I think Sony thinks they can get away with pretty much anything these days. I mean, they are constantly breaking sales records, do they really need to increase the price of their subs now?

Reactions: toadsage44

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
If they do add a lot more games ( like PS2 classics), they should have raised the price AFTER the fact. I do not think that will be the case though, as someone already said Xbox is in such a mess that I think Sony thinks they can get away with pretty much anything these days. I mean, they are constantly breaking sales records, do they really need to increase the price of their subs now?
It's not only MS fumbling, it's that PS is too big to fail and people are deep into their ecosystem.
People are not leaving.
MS fumbling last gen was a killer blow to their business, it was the worst gen to fail and they did it.
People aren't leaving their preferred ecosystem in 2023 and beyond because they'd lose access to their games in the process.
Those invested on PS or Xbox will remain in these ecosystems.

Reactions: toadsage44

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
I'm curious how Sony thinks people will be able to afford or want to pay such a HUGE price hike. Most of the world is not doing so great economically, so that's likely why their stopped reporting PS + numbers last quarter, because they knew there will be a decline with this decision

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
I'm curious how Sony thinks people will be able to afford or want to pay such a HUGE price hike. Most of the world is not doing so great economically, so that's likely why their stopped reporting PS + numbers last quarter, because they knew there will be a decline with this decision
TBH for first world countries ( from which they make the most money and who are the most prevalent in the ecosystem), can take this without even noticing it, however that does not make it OK. Sub services always hit a ceilling, so maybe they just want to squeeze a bit more money from their existing subscribers to make their investors just a little bit more wet? Sure seems like it.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
The sad part is that I don't want to lose my PS+ game library so I'm being forced to accept that price :mad:
Even changing to PS+ Brasil I can't.
That is why I always buy physical, whenever I can, same goes for games I found and liked on the sub. Kingdom come is one such example, tried it and bought a disc shortly after.

24 Jun 2022
I wouldn’t be surprised if Sony tries to retro bill existing members. This is the company yall shill for, eek.

And you shill for a $3 trillion mega-conglomerate releasing $5 vinyl plastic diaper wraps for $50. If not them, then for a multi-billion dollar corp that overprices outdated tech for Day 1 profits and refuses to drop their software prices by any measurable amount several years after initial release.

They all suck, but go on and keep thinking we shill for everything Sony does. Hell, I've been increasingly vocal against a lot of things they've been doing over the months.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
And you shill for a $3 trillion mega-conglomerate releasing $5 vinyl plastic diaper wraps for $50. If not them, then for a multi-billion dollar corp that overprices outdated tech for Day 1 profits and refuses to drop their software prices by any measurable amount several years after initial release.

They all suck, but go on and keep thinking we shill for everything Sony does. Hell, I've been increasingly vocal against a lot of things they've been doing over the months.
If anything, nobody approves of this IDK where he sees Sony shills? Sony fans are way more harsh and critical. i still remember Sony walking back on their decision to charge for the upgrade for Horizon Zero dawn from the PS4 to the PS5 version, due to fan backlash.

24 Jun 2022
Maybe they are adding new PS2 games?

If they had any marketing worth a cent they would have announced these additions and future plans to improve/expand the scope of the service's provided features first and foremost, and ease in a price increase announcement towards the end.

Or better yet, do that and ease into the higher price over time with smaller incremental increases over a period of months. As-is, this has shades of Microsoft's 100% XBL Gold price increase attempt all over it. No other way of putting things.

Not only that, did you notice, price increase will be active exactly on the day of Starfield release lol
You can't make this up

It really is smelling like a duopoly at this point. Genuine competition wouldn't make a move this boneheaded this blatantly.

I'd like to picture an alternate timeline where Sega was still a viable platform holder. Honestly the industry would've been better off for it.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
This sucks, i probably won’t bother renewing…

But the reality is that everyone is going to complain, threaten to leave playstation, say microsoft is doing it better, doom…then a couple months later microsoft and nintendo raise prices and people continue on with their day like it never happened.