Playstation portal review thread and |OT| "The power is now in your hands" |UP| Accolades Trailer.

Doncortez77

Veteran
8 Jan 2023
the comment section is hilarious, people are really NPCs

He literally mentioned the backbone in his video and that the Portal was a better experience and these clowns still bring up the backbone. There really is a hate campaign against the portal and it doesn't make sense to me
The individuals joining in the hate campaign usually falls into 4 groups:
  • Xbox fanboys who just want to pile on and say anything negative about a PlayStation product.
  • Insecure Individuals who feel like this product's existence is going to hurt their Switch, Rog Ally or Steam Deck.
  • Individuals who always say get a Backbone when that does not make any sense when you get a lot of calls and messages on your phone
  • Individuals who said that Sony should have just made a dedicated handheld device, not understanding that this is an accessory and they probably didn't support the Vita when it was out.
I dont understand the energy is being used to hate an accessory. If you dont like it and expressed it already, move on and quit repeating it over and over again

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I ran a quick test using my cell phone on LTE with 2 bars as a hot spot (shitty connection). RE4 plays great! The resolution took a hit but otherwise it was very smooth. This device keeps surprising me.
Love to hear this. I've always had good remote play exp so I know what to expect just with a better form factor and an all in one.

Reactions: Entropi

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023

Dude was very critical. Pretty much he said the lag is horrendous that he could never get consistent lag free experience.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Dude was very critical. Pretty much he said the lag is horrendous that he could never get consistent lag free experience.
Like I said for every one person there are like three that are loving the experience. I've had great, great remote play experience but there was one point where it didn't even work for me years ago and it had to do with my ISP and not the remote play at all.

I mean I'd be more than happy to take abd upload a personal video of how good remote play works for me :)

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I’m in a cabin 2 hours north of home. It’s pretty isolated, but it has wi-fi. My Portal experience has been flawless after about 30 minutes of playing.

I’m starting to think the negative reviews are total BS. I’ve been trying to make the thing fail. Even with a shitty mobile connection, the games played fine, but only the resolution took a hit.

I’m loving it.