PlayStation Pro Announced, 45% Faster, Pre Orders Available (November 7) | Starting $699.99

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Imma be preordering this shit. The upscaling looks really, really good.
This is the pro version though? It's vastly improved in several areas, not just a little bit of hard drive space.

What is the system going to be like in comparison to the price of a similar decent Gpu?
I was mashing the refresh button at PS Direct during and after the video. Oh well! :)
God Of War Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

• sad
Reactions: KvallyX

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
The console looks good and the lineup of seems adequate for a mid-gen refresh.
But 800€ without disc drive means it's almost 900€ for a console and for that I'm out for the time being.

Not because I don't have 880€ to give for a console, but because I don't want Sony to get acquainted with these ridiculous margins on their console hardware.

This will be the first Playstation console that I don't pre-order in 11 years.

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
Thats quite expensive

Can sony keep PS6 at $599 in the future

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
The console looks good and the lineup of seems adequate for a mid-gen refresh.
But 800€ without disc drive means it's almost 900€ for a console and for that I'm out for the time being.

Not because I don't have 880€ to give for a console, but because I don't want Sony to get acquainted with these ridiculous margins on their console hardware.

This will be the first Playstation console that I don't pre-order in 11 years.

Just checked and the Playstation disc drive goes for 120€ in Euroland.

That puts the PS5 Pro + disc into no less than 920€. It's $1015 (yes, one thousand and fifteen) on current exchange rates.

• angry
Reactions: toadsage44

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
This is insane by Sony. What were they thinking?
I was expecting a bigger jump in graphics and aiming for 120fps on old titles, not "targeting" 60fps.

For £699.99 you can buy a decent PC and play Playstation games. I hope the OG sees a severe price cut.

Sorry for the first post to be negative but what are Sony thinking?

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
I was expecting a bigger jump in graphics and aiming for 120fps on old titles, not "targeting" 60fps.

For £699.99 you can buy a decent PC and play Playstation games. I hope the OG sees a severe price cut.

Is that $699 PC going to perform better? Or are we talking about used parts found in a garage sale, like what Linus did.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022

I think as a founder you should be more careful of what you post to set a precedent in this website. Some of these takes are nonsense and you personally open the floodgates to trolling and doom posting especially from xbots in disguise when you signal your position especially with these ridiculous twitter posts. No VERTICAL stand, there’s a stand in the box, and you know it. Disc drive can be added if you really want it, and you know this too. Euro zone has been in hyperinflation for a few years and money lost its old value, and you know this too. Why are you hell bent on always doom posting when hard facts says the opposite? You cast the first stone and crazies follow suit!

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023

You won't get 4070 levels of performance on PC with $70]. PS5 Pro is 4070 levels of performance

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
i don't get it either, you get what you pay for.

plus, no one if forcing anyone, this is PREMIUM console, which targeting gamers, who wants MORE POWA.
People have been acting like this since the rumours. Usual anti PS bs argument that don’t hold wait to any other company that does the same.

Imagine if graphic cards by Nvidia and Amd kept coming out with improved performance with massive price increases and people had an option to buy them and not effecting others who dont…. Oh wait they do lol.
Its only ever a “problem” and concern when PS does it

Boswollox

7 Sep 2024
Is that $699 PC going to perform better? Or are we talking about used parts found in a garage sale, like what Linus did.

You won't get 4070 levels of performance on PC with $70]. PS5 Pro is 4070 levels of performance

Will games look better on PS5PRO than a mid-range PC? Of course. Will the graphics off-set the flexibility of PC for that price? No. A £700 PC will play 1080p ultra at 120fps for old games like TLoU2, Spiderman, Ratchet etc.

A different generation, I would be backing the PRO, but Sony are having a very dry generation with respect to games and their previous generations.

The price point isn't worth it. Even worse if you already own a PS5, even worse if that PS5 is the disc edition.

Dick Jones

Corporate Dick
Icon Extra
5 Jul 2022
If they did away with the OG PS5 model I'd be raging. They are not, this is for power whores. The PS5 is looking better value at the cost of the PRO. The price point is also setting up this gen will be a bit longer with these prices.

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
I think as a founder you should be more careful of what you post to set a precedent in this website. Some of these takes are nonsense and you personally open the floodgates to trolling and doom posting especially from xbots in disguise when you signal your position especially with these ridiculous twitter posts. No VERTICAL stand, there’s a stand in the box, and you know it. Disc drive can be added if you really want it, and you know this too. Euro zone has been in hyperinflation for a few years and money lost its old value, and you know this too. Why are you hell bent on always doom posting when hard facts says the opposite? You cast the first stone and crazies follow suit!
You have a point. I'll be more discerning in what I post or take from other sources. ❤️

64bitmodels

29 Sep 2022
Why is it completely normal for PC folks to casually add parts that costs hundreds of dollars, but when console players get an upgrade. we're getting ripped off?
Consoles r supposed to be cheap. The cheaper they are the bigger they succeed. Hence why the Switch (299) PS2 (299 at launch, 199 later on) and DS (150) are the most successful consoles of all time.

PC gamers know they are spending a lot with the hobby so it is less of a complaint over there, but even then PC gamers have hated the general price trends of GPUs for 4 years now. Massive outrage when the RTX 4000 series came out and the 4080 was 1200 bucks. Nobody liked that

Not to mention that 700 for no stand or disc drive is a rip-off

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Will games look better on PS5PRO than a mid-range PC? Of course. Will the graphics off-set the flexibility of PC for that price? No. A £700 PC will play 1080p ultra at 120fps for old games like TLoU2, Spiderman, Ratchet etc.

A different generation, I would be backing the PRO, but Sony are having a very dry generation with respect to games and their previous generations.

The price point isn't worth it. Even worse if you already own a PS5, even worse if that PS5 is the disc edition.

“Very dry generation with respect to games”

So, you only play Naughty Dog games?

Reactions: Luffy123

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Consoles r supposed to be cheap. The cheaper they are the bigger they succeed. Hence why the Switch (299) PS2 (299 at launch, 199 later on) and DS (150) are the most successful consoles of all time.

PC gamers know they are spending a lot with the hobby so it is less of a complaint over there, but even then PC gamers have hated the general price trends of GPUs for 4 years now. Massive outrage when the RTX 4000 series came out and the 4080 was 1200 bucks. Nobody liked that

Not to mention that 700 for no stand or disc drive is a rip-off
And the base PS5 ceased to exist or something? lol these takes…

All Might

10 Jul 2024
Summary of this gen so far, from Sony:
  • Paltry output from their first party studios;
  • Porting all of their catalogue to PC;
  • 800 quid console
Yeah, they can fuck right off.

Reactions: Would_you_kindly