Founder
21 Jun 2022
Congratulations to us shareholders!
Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

Dr Bass

The doctor is in
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Great numbers overall but I didnt realize Bloodborne has only sold 1 million units, total?

I think that's our clear answer why it's not being touched.

Or wait ... is that only the first 11 days of sales in 2015? What an odd number to display. So never mind. I've never really looked at one of these for Sony, and I find it kinda interesting they only show sales over seemingly VERY random sales windows.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Wish they would give LTD updates on their game software. Bloodborne should be over 3m by now,,, wanna see how well demons souls did too.

Also that's not a good start to their 25m hardware target for the year.

Reactions: JAHGamer

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Wish they would give LTD updates on their game software. Bloodborne should be over 3m by now,,, wanna see how well demons souls did too.

Also that's not a good start to their 25m hardware target for the year.
It's better than 2018, still lower than 2016 3.5 which is the record.

If they pull 9M by Q3 then it should be easy. Spiderman 2 should probably be the pedestal, maybe 10M?

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Hardware (in units) up almost 40% year on year, selling over 1 million per month. Analysts say Sony on track to hit their 25 million goal. Continued growth in network services outpaces rivals.

There, I untakahashi'd the results. He needs some nice hot lead to the head.

• haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It's better than 2018, still lower than 2016 3.5 which is the record.

If they pull 9M by Q3 then it should be easy. Spiderman 2 should probably be the pedestal, maybe 10M?
It was pointed out on GAF that these are sold-in units, so 3.3m units shipped means they had extra stock from Q4 (jan-march), which makes sense considering they shipped a staggering 6.3m that quarter. So they likely still had ~1m units in the channel. Well, now that they've cut prices and Spiderman's coming out I guess they probably won't have too much trouble, but I still think 25m is ambitious. 22m should be easy though.

Hardware (in units) up almost 40% year on year, selling over 1 million per month.

btw 25m units in a year is over 2mil units per month. ofc holiday season is big but it remains to be seen whether sony can hit that goal. I think they need another showcase with bangers, on top of spidey coming out, but i could be wrong.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Great numbers overall but I didnt realize Bloodborne has only sold 1 million units, total?

I think that's our clear answer why it's not being touched.

Or wait ... is that only the first 11 days of sales in 2015? What an odd number to display. So never mind. I've never really looked at one of these for Sony, and I find it kinda interesting they only show sales over seemingly VERY random sales windows.
It sold around 5M, maybe even more. Not full price. Still, demand is big for this game, not to make at least remaster.

Cool hand luke

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
It was pointed out on GAF that these are sold-in units, so 3.3m units shipped means they had extra stock from Q4 (jan-march), which makes sense considering they shipped a staggering 6.3m that quarter. So they likely still had ~1m units in the channel. Well, now that they've cut prices and Spiderman's coming out I guess they probably won't have too much trouble, but I still think 25m is ambitious. 22m should be easy though.

btw 25m units in a year is over 2mil units per month. ofc holiday season is big but it remains to be seen whether sony can hit that goal. I think they need another showcase with bangers, on top of spidey coming out, but i could be wrong.
Yeah I'm aware. I think Spiderman and a slim model should get them averaging over 2 mil for Q3/Q4 to compensate for this quarter.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
What can we do to stop him? Bloomberg or Jason complaints?

VS Xbox

I AM SO GLAD that the greater PS community is starting to catch on to what a liar this clown is. We need to keep the pressure on him and keep calling out his nonsense. I doubt anything will change unless he gets fired or Microsoft stops writing checks. But on the bright side, his reputation is becoming worse and worse with each new "article" he puts out.