PlayStation Q1 FY2023 3.3 million PS5 sold

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
First half of CY2023's operating income(6 months)

Nintendo - $2.05bn
ATVI - $1.38bn
EA - $0.83bn
Sony SIE - $0.652bn
Capcom - $0.31bn
Bandai Namco - $0.282bn
Square Enix - $0.14bn
benefit of nintendo putting out 10 year old handheld ports of the same game and selling them for $60 dollars. sony working too hard for less

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
That's besides the point, isn't it? The point is that they are not supporting it adequately, and that remains true.
They are? You are just not getting first party titles which they simply cannot produce for obvious reasons.
Here is one of the nonsensical garbage opinions.

You’ve been spouting this for awhile now. Reality says you are lying and have no clue what you are talking about.
Reality says I've been right and Sony themselves said sales slowed down starting in April just like I said few months ago. Sorry not everyone lives Ina rose tinted bubble of delusion about our fave plastic box.

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
They are? You are just not getting first party titles which they simply cannot produce for obvious reasons.
Reality says I've been right and Sony themselves said sales slowed down starting in April just like I said few months ago. Sorry not everyone lives Ina rose tinted bubble of delusion about our fave plastic box.
Sometimes projection just means to draw in more investments so don't trusts them too much.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Units sold launch aligned after 11 quarters:
Wii 52.63M
PS4 43.7M
PS5 41.7M
Switch 41.67M
PS2 41.56M

A couple extra slides from the webcast. Guess why they are interested on GaaS: the majority of their software revenue comes from add-ons (DLC/IAP/passes).

image.png

image.png

They will pass PS4 this year for sure....
Yes, very likely with the Q3/Holidays sales.

First half of CY2023's operating income(6 months)

Nintendo - $2.05bn
ATVI - $1.38bn
EA - $0.83bn
Sony SIE - $0.652bn
Capcom - $0.31bn
Bandai Namco - $0.282bn
Square Enix - $0.14bn

Last edited:

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Great job @Evilms.
Most of them are know data from Sony/Studios... so the estimates are more interesting.

GTS for example you estimated 8 million units but we know that GTS API had over 16 million different PSN accounts that played the game at least once.
I believe 8m acoounts that used the same copy of GTS is very hard to believe.

GT7 is impossible to know... PD changed the API do randomic Ids... so without the Id you can't find the users there.

@Evilms that looks like a lot of fanfiction, unless Sony released some actual numbers we're not aware
There are very few estimates... everything else outside 11 estimates are already old shared data by Sony or Studio.

Reactions: Evilms

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
Great job @Evilms.
Most of them are know data from Sony/Studios... so the estimates are more interesting.

GTS for example you estimated 8 million units but we know that GTS API had over 16 million different PSN accounts that played the game at least once.
I believe 8m acoounts that used the same copy of GTS is very hard to believe.

GT7 is impossible to know... PD changed the API do randomic Ids... so without the Id you can't find the users there.

There are very few estimates... everything else like 95% of the data is already old know.
I can explain those numbers, there is a time back in 2019 where players would boost burner accounts to get to easier daily races at higher rate. Like millions at the time. After PD change some algorithms it just stop.

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I can explain those numbers, there is a time back in 2019 where players would boost burner accounts to get to easier daily races at higher rate. Like millions at the time. After PD change some algorithms it just stop.
I understand that but they removed near 800k account from that…. and 16m was already without them.

Of course I don’t believe it sold 14, 15, 16 million… it just the gap is too big imo.