PlayStation Q1 FY2023 3.3 million PS5 sold

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Nah, that's dumb. They should have supported it more though, it's an excellent piece of hardware.
They have supported it? I think they have done a good job supporting. But there's not a market for it on consoles right now. It's just the truth

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Playstation will go third party imo
Apple will replace Sony
Xbox will dominate the market
And Nintendo switch 2 will break records

You need to chat with your dealer, because he sold you laced cocaine.

They have supported it? I think they have done a good job supporting. But there's not a market for it on consoles right now. It's just the truth

Sony? What first party games have released for it?

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
You need to chat with your dealer, because he sold you laced cocaine.

Sony? What first party games have released for it?
Why were you expecting them to release first party games? They can't even get out games for the PS5 currently.

But they have done a decent job getting support for the platform. The VR section on PSN has a good amount of content

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why were you expecting them to release first party games? They can't even get out games for the PS5 currently.

That's besides the point, isn't it? The point is that they are not supporting it adequately, and that remains true.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Sales have been lower since March. Anyone paying attention to the metrics could see this. It was evident in North America, UK, Spain and Japan.

I still don't see them hitting that 25 million.

How can a company want to hit record sales with basically absolutely nothing to offer anyone this year... Oh wait for Spiderman 2. They gave their worst showcase ever.

Production ending means nothing if they themselves say sales were lower than anticipated?

Maybe they shouldn't have given PS5 the middle finger while bending over backwards for PC. A sign of a company losing their way.

And get rid of Hermen. But I'm sure he'll be sacked in 2 years tops.

Here is one of the nonsensical garbage opinions.

You’ve been spouting this for awhile now. Reality says you are lying and have no clue what you are talking about.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
First half of CY2023's operating income(6 months)

Nintendo - $2.05bn
ATVI - $1.38bn
EA - $0.83bn
Sony SIE - $0.652bn
Capcom - $0.31bn
Bandai Namco - $0.282bn
Square Enix - $0.14bn
If it keeps going this way Nintendo and ATVI might end up buying Sony. :ROFLMAO:

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Sony already adjusted for hardware, the sales started a while back and I assume the volume is much better now.

3.3 million isn't bad at all for a Q1 IMO.

The one thing PlayStation needs to do is focus on exclusives and not just console exclusives, real exclusives.
They need high quality, single player games more often.

The sales of PC ports are terrible, is there even any mention of them here? And the live service games have zero hype compared to single player AAA.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
The big issue is convincing people to upgrade.

There are still a shit ton of ps4 owners who won't upgrade because there is too many devs still supporting the outdated potatoe last gen consoles.

We need a huge push to current gen and hopefully the new revision is priced well enough and spiderman 2 is enough to get people to move on alot quicker.

PS4 is the least of all misalignments Sony have going-on right now. I hate cross-gen, but at least it's impact on current gen development or Nixxes backend, is retained to Sony's ecosystem so Sony get more of the retail cost and mtx split. But more than likely there's less manpower involved in a PS4 version than PC version, and resources can be better repositioned.

With cross-gen I can make choices. Do I want to save some money, if the PS4 game is cheaper? Do I want to buy the PS4+PS5 bundle to give me 2 sets of save data under one profile. Is it a game I want around installed to dip in on, and the PS4 version is exponentially smaller to fit more games on SDD? Etc.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
It actually means Nintendo and ABK aren't investing which is not good news.
Maybe not investing in GaaS and PC ports is good news. :unsure:

But with how much Nintendo gets pirated on PC maybe they should release PC ports or just release a stronger hardware harder to emulate.

PS4 is the least of all misalignments Sony have going-on right now. I hate cross-gen, but at least it's impact on current gen development or Nixxes backend, is retained to Sony's ecosystem so Sony get more of the retail cost and mtx split. But more than likely there's less manpower involved in a PS4 version than PC version, and resources can be better repositioned.

With cross-gen I can make choices. Do I want to save some money, if the PS4 game is cheaper? Do I want to buy the PS4+PS5 bundle to give me 2 sets of save data under one profile. Is it a game I want around installed to dip in on, and the PS4 version is exponentially smaller to fit more games on SDD? Etc.
Hard to shit on crossgen when Horizon FW is pretty much the best looking game around.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Maybe not investing in GaaS and PC ports is good news. :unsure:
A company that is about to release a new hardware not showing sign of extra cost means their next hardware is even cheaper than how cheap Switch was on its release. Thus, their next hardware is probably shitty

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
A company that is about to release a new hardware not showing sign of extra cost means their next hardware is even cheaper than how cheap Switch was on its release. Thus, their next hardware is probably shitty
Damn, that would suck.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
From Evilms@InstallBase.

After 11 quarters on the market :

Wii: 52.62 million
PS4: 43.60 million
PS5: 41.70 million
NSW: 41.67 million
PS2: 41.56 million
PS3 : 23.80 million
XB1 : ~23.3 million (estimated)
XSX+S : 21.10 million
360 : 20.30 million
PS1 : ~17.5 million
Wii U : 10.01 million
So they are less than 2 millions compared with PS4. It's doable but even if they don't reach it this year it's still good.

Btw, @Evilms is here too 🙂

Reactions: ethomaz