PlayStation Q1 FY2023 3.3 million PS5 sold

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
Confused why people are dooming. You people complain about everything.

You making up stuff based on the report. It does not say what you say it does.

This is why I prefer people like this making these threads. They provide so much context and detail and it leaves no room for FUD and doom posters

The reason for Sony not disclosing PS Plus subscription numbers could also be because Microsoft replaced Xbox Live Gold with Game Pass and will probably disclose the Game Pass numbers (that includes the PC subscriptions) in the future, making them look better than the PS Plus numbers.

Where are you getting this assumption from? If they were higher combined MS would of already bragged about their services having a high subscription, even though separate. They hide their numbers for a reason. XBL is way lower than PS plus.

Combined it’s still lower than PS plus or might just be close.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
No, people are discussing these numbers. Just because people are both demanding and not sycophants like Xbox cultists, doesn't mean they're whining.

And what do the numbers say? It says PlayStation is doing fantastic as usual to me.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022

This is why I prefer people like this making these threads. They provide so much context and detail and it leaves no room for FUD and doom posters

Please clarify who "you people" are, and who is making stuff up.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Jim and Hermen (the debils of SEYE-E) still haven’t announced new single player games and acquisitions?

Angry Hulk GIF

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Jim and Hermen (the debils of SEYE-E) still haven’t announced new single player games and acquisitions?

It's hard to announce new single player games when there's none coming out in the next 6 to 12 months (except Spider-man 2)

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022

think the goal is possible, if there will be price cuts, blockbuster games, or new models.

“Will be hard for sony to achieve this goal unless they do everything we know they are currently doing”

• haha
Reactions: Entropi

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I agree with what that guy said.

Sony indeed said the sales last quarter was lower than expected (probably due shipping too many in the previous quarter).
But I think 25 million is still doable.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Now I understand why Ryan from
IGN is on a PS hate post spree. It's that time of the quarter when he’s reminded how shit Xbox is.

On Demand

Veteran
30 Jul 2022
I agree with what that guy said.

Sony indeed said the sales last quarter was lower than expected (probably due shipping too many in the previous quarter).
But I think 25 million is still doable.

Production of the current model ended April 1st 2023. That’s probably all they could ship that’s left.

Both is probably true. Shipped a ton last quarter and now shipping whatever PS5 they had left in production.

(According to those rumors anyway)

Reactions: ethomaz

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Even after the supply coinstrained start PS5 is catching the big sellers very fast.
PS4 will probably happen this year but Wii is not possible until Wii slow down around 90 million.

From Evilms@InstallBase.

After 11 quarters on the market :

Wii: 52.62 million
PS4: 43.60 million
PS5: 41.70 million
NSW: 41.67 million
PS2: 41.56 million
PS3 : 23.80 million
XB1 : ~23.3 million (estimated)
XSX+S : 21.10 million
360 : 20.30 million
PS1 : ~17.5 million
Wii U : 10.01 million

• Informative
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023

Where are you getting this assumption from? If they were higher combined MS would of already bragged about their services having a high subscription, even though separate. They hide their numbers for a reason. XBL is way lower than PS plus.

Combined it’s still lower than PS plus or might just be close.
You should see what some people are saying on Resetera? Lol

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Production of the current model ended April 1st 2023. That’s probably all they could ship that’s left.

Both is probably true. Shipped a ton last quarter and now shipping whatever PS5 they had left in production.

(According to those rumors anyway)
Sales have been lower since March. Anyone paying attention to the metrics could see this. It was evident in North America, UK, Spain and Japan.

I still don't see them hitting that 25 million.

How can a company want to hit record sales with basically absolutely nothing to offer anyone this year... Oh wait for Spiderman 2. They gave their worst showcase ever.

Production ending means nothing if they themselves say sales were lower than anticipated?

Maybe they shouldn't have given PS5 the middle finger while bending over backwards for PC. A sign of a company losing their way.

And get rid of Hermen. But I'm sure he'll be sacked in 2 years tops.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
From Sony words seems like the actual promotions started few weeks ago is already a counter to the less than expected shipment last quarter.
More actions will come.
Seems like they will do everything to reach the 25 million target.
Black Friday will probably have PS5 very very cheap.

sNotes.jpg