PlayStation Showcase Aftermath - Rate the show

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
We would have deleted this, but instead choose to leave it up as an example of how to not post. No more of this GameFAQs level of discourse. We have standards here.
The People who rated 1 better leave this hobby
Yes we should leave the lobby and submit to you and the rest of the fanboys and lick the ass of Sony and say hooray!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LET'S NOT EXPRESS THE OPINION WE HAVE AND NOT SAY ANYTHING BECAUSE POOR LITTLE FANBOY WILL GET MAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Seriously you people piss me off. Even fanboys on Twitter are stating it was pretty bad other than Spider-Man and maybe some games announced. Like, read the damn room bro.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I never said they have 25 billion games.

Hermen said multiple times they had over 25 games under development in different stages of development. We know a dozen of them are GaaS/MP, so less than the half of the games they have under development.

That's a figure of speech. And I fully expected you to come here defending mediocrity.

Last edited by a moderator:

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Wait till Nintendo does their Nintendo Direct.

Where did Nintendo come into the discussion and when were they direct competition again?

Anyway the Nintendo Direct will show a couple of gems along with the usual regurgitated crap Nintendo have been known for over the last decade.

Mario Party 54, Yoshis whatever world, Mario Kart 15 etc.

Sonys showcase was piss poor but I guarantee you Xbox won’t be any better.

Zzero

Major Tom
9 Jan 2023
Where did Nintendo come into the discussion and when were they direct competition again?
For the past 30 or so years. Normal people only buy one console, and Nintendo is competing for that same space, just like all the others.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
What a pathetic tweet coming from a platform holder. Specially after a showcase with many exclusives and first party game that will bury them.

They’ve only tweeted that because Sony has pissed on their bonfire.

These games were probably in their showcase too.

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
what's odd to me is that all of the Hermen era first party games are these weird sci fi esque things, when has that genre ever been huge besides maybe destiny? people don't want to play sony games of people in space helmets shooting at each other!

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Did they announce a Nintendo Direct? The 'E3' dates are pretty close.
Usually, they announce it around June or July. I don't remember the last Nintendo Direct they had around those dates. But I assume they will. Cause they have games like Pikmin 4 and other games and who knows they will announce a DLC for TOTK.

Reactions: Yurinka

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
For the past 30 or so years. Normal people only buy one console, and Nintendo is competing for that same space, just like all the others.

Nintendo threw in the towel against Sony a long time ago.

That’s why they release underpowered gimmicks since the Gamecube.

They would get hammered again if they release a conventional console.

Normal gamers don’t buy Nintendo as their primary console.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Kereke12

Banned
4 May 2023
Nintendo isn't competing with anyone but themselves. They have no room to compete till they release the Switch 2.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Question s whats happening at ND? Loss of talent? Management isuess? Some journalist should investigate.
Nothing happened to them.

They released TLOUP1 last year, got a couple titles ported to PC recently and released TLOU2 less than 3 years ago. Also got super successful movie and tv adaptations recently. They recently announced their next (bigger than ever) game, which should be showcased soon.

Are we brothers?

Is that you Bobby?
It's too late and I'm tired, I'd have made a romantic photoshop for this encounter :)

Last edited:

Yobo

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2022
what's odd to me is that all of the Hermen era first party games are these weird sci fi esque things, when has that genre ever been huge besides maybe destiny? people don't want to play sony games of people in space helmets shooting at each other!
They all have a guerrilla games stink about them

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
Question s whats happening at ND? Loss of talent? Management isuess? Some journalist should investigate.

Is Factions in development hell? After years u cant manage to show anything at all? Really? And they have more project apparently.

Show was 4. Mediocre. Bunch of cgi. Live service galore that ll flop. No new ips, big aaa. Studios missing. Where re Silent hill and star blade? Release dates. DS2? Naughy dog? bunch of indies no1 cares about. Im getting sick of ff16.

Maybe ms should be allowed to buy ab. Everything i saw was sony who doesnt care at all.

Spider man and phantom blade were highlight 4 me. Hoping marathon amd concord ends up being good.
Naughty Dog has been a shell of themselves ever since the exodus in early 2014 when Amy Hennig and majority of the Uncharted 3 left. They lost all their multiplayer team as well with that exodus.

• thinking_hard
  • haha
Reactions: Zzero and Nhomnhom