PlayStation State of Play Announced for May 30th

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Like I said, GOWR soured the show, they need to save pc port announcements for blogposts and tweets. GoT was announced that way and did better than everything else

there's already a thread on this but this unfortunately will sour the SoP tomorrow

• haha
Reactions: Polyh3dron

2spooky5me

Veteran
12 May 2024
What is the name of the Samurai game? Where something? I can's find the trailer.
Either:
"Where Winds Meet"
or
Dynasty Warriors: Origins

Also, I thought it was a wise move for PS to host Path of Exiles 2, since Xbox has Diablo, and we know how Diablo 4 exactly living up to D2's standards.
My secret shame(s): Infinite Nicky and Dynasty Warriors: Origins :)

Last edited:
Reactions: ethomaz

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
this is my issue they need to invest in more teams

look at the Astrobot Sony First Party Game and how good it looked

we need more 1st party teams to balance the timing between releases

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Liked the show... a lot of games that interested me.

Concord.
Marvel Rivals.
Ballad of Antara.
Where Something.
Monster Hunter Wild.
Astro.

All games I will look into.
Pretty solid show.
Absolutely same.

Where wind meets, looks absolutely amazing as well.

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
I agree with this. Will try it if it's good.

The rest was not interesting ... to me at least. I don't know if that's what is popular these days, but I think this is possibly the first time ever that I'm starting to really doubt the PS platform as a whole. I don't see anything coming out in the future that I feel like I really need to play.

A year ago I was sure I would buy a PS5 pro as soon as it released. Now I'm wondering if I even really want my standard anymore. 🤷‍♂️

Edit: Also, Silent Hill 2 looks completely butchered.
Console gaming has shifted dramatically this gen. Maybe because of COVID, chasing pc trends or with newer gamers having different wants, I don't know, but it has changed.
Last gen there crap games shown off but enough quality ones to reassure you that buying a console was worth the investment. Now with a price tag of £450 and only a couple of games a year...not so much.

Playstation has lost its identity and, coming from a long time Xbox fan (up until Xbox one) I'm seeing the same panic, misteps and stupidity coming from Sony that I did from MS. It's sad to see.

Worst of all, of all of the Studios Sony owns, Only insomniac are knocking out games at a respectable rate.

PC it is until PS5 hits £199

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: toadsage44

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Eternal, how'd you like it?

I thought it was absolutely amazing for a 30 minute show. Pretty much hyped for every single game they announced.

I'm also very happy we actually got a ton of gameplay from most of em.
I would say it was okay. MH Wilds, SH2R, Astrobot, Where Winds Meet and Ballad looked very good.

27 Jun 2023
United kingdom
Watching Solent hill transmission now , unlike the haters I'm willing to give it a shot (the character models are off though) I hope they announce a demo à la resident evil

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Like I said, GOWR soured the show, they need to save pc port announcements for blogposts and tweets.
good-great.gif