Founder
21 Jun 2022
"Expect nothing, BOY, and you'll never be disappointed" -
Kratos
God Of War Perfection GIF by Santa Monica Studio

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I guess we get Lost Soul Aside release date, and maybe for convallaria as well. Hyped for new astro too, don't care about until dawn it's the same as hellblade 2 and I will make fun of it and people who play it

Airbus

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jun 2022
So is this going to be the E3 replacement or not? If no, then I predict a really small one that just fulfills contractual marketing agreements. If yes, then they will, of course, be showing the whole second half of the year. Concord, maybe Astro, China Hero stuff, third party marketing whatevers.
No this is a playstation centric event

E3 replacement is Gamescom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
"Expect nothing, BOY, and you'll never be disappointed"
Sony since around 2019: "Expect to be disappointed and you'll still be disappointed."

We went from the E3 of Dreams, the reveal of a new God of War with live gameplay and a live orchestra, to a bunch of sad State of Plays.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: toadsage44

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I'll be skipping this one. If there are any truly great announcements/reveals in post, then I'll consider catching the next one or the Showcase as it premiers (unless scheduling gets in the way). More PC ports and GAAS won't cut it for me.

In fact I'm likely gonna skip the Xbox Showcase and SGF as well; these events were either smoke & mirrors or just outright a waste of my time last year and they have to earn my premier view back.

The energy of E3 (and the competitive atmosphere it in part helped foster) is massively missed these days.
I don't think I enjoyed any event since 2016 or 2017.

Reactions: toadsage44

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
I have extremely low expectation and somehow i feel like ill be disappointed. With that said, didnt Herman Hulst say something about making a game with fromsoftware and that was part of the investment with them? That was like years ago too.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and toadsage44

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I like Bloodborne but it's one of the most overrated games ever. People treat it like the second coming of Jesus.
No, it was one of the top 3 best games of the previous generation.

With that said, didnt Herman Hulst say something about making a game with fromsoftware and that was part of the investment with them? That was like years ago too.
Not exactly, this is what he exactly said: "You should think of collaborations on the game development side first and foremost, but it's also not unthinkable with our PlayStation Productions efforts that we explore opportunities".

Sony signed a deal with Kadokawa to help them bring Kadokawa IP to a global audience in consumer games and anime, and FromSoft bought IPs like Tenchu or Elden Ring. Meaning, they could self publish (so no Activision or Bandai Namco) sequels and Sony could support them even if not being a 2nd party game (marketing deal, distribution of physical copies etc). Or could make movie/tv show/anime adaptations of Elden Ring, Bloodborne, Demon's Souls, Tenchu, etc.

But obviously yes, it's very likely to continue making 2nd party games with them.

Last edited: