Playstation Studios [OT]: News, hype and rumors about PS Studios and Bungie

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
I know it won't happen lol, GOT2 early tease in PS Showcase :p
Prob next year
Considering GoT was released in 2020 and its Director's Cut/DLC/PS5 version in 2021, I see GoT2 being announced in 2024 and released in 2025. It would continue being mainly a 1st party narrative game but I think it's going to be GaaS (in a AC way) and will feature a more developed MP mode.

I also see them having a 2nd team working on a PS6 launch crossgen new IP, to be announced in 2026 and released in 2027.

I think the PC port of GoT would be announced and released in 2023 or 2024, once it stops generating revenue in console it could and once they had it on PS Plus Extra for a while. It would be ported by somewhere else, like Nixxes or Iron Galaxy. I think that depending on when the GoTmovie will be ready, they'll crosspromote it with this port or with the sequel.

Last edited:

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Arrowhead is gonna be Sony's next studio buy 100%.
Either them or deviation
I think in both cases it's likely but they need to prove they are worth it with their next project:
  • Arrowhead made a few small, fun and successful coop games, but this isn't enough for Sony. If they prove they can scale that to AAA GaaS then they will be a clear candidate. Similar case to Housemarque and Firesprite.
  • Deviation like Haven, Firesprite or Bungie has a ton of super experienced and talented devs who worked on many top AAA games of a type that interests Sony, but they have to prove (I think it will be the case and it's just a mattter of time) they work well in the new studio.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I think in both cases it's likely but they need to prove they are worth it with their next project:
  • Arrowhead made a few small, fun and successful coop games, but this isn't enough for Sony. If they prove they can scale that to AAA GaaS then they will be a clear candidate. Similar case to Housemarque and Firesprite.
  • Deviation like Haven, Firesprite or Bungie has a ton of super experienced and talented devs who worked on many top AAA games of a type that interests Sony, but they have to prove (I think it will be the case and it's just a mattter of time) they work well in the new studio.

To be fair, Hermen and people at Housemarque mentioned that Sony wanted to buy them before Returnal came out and HM delayed acquisition talk until after the game shipped.

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
Arrowhead is gonna be Sony's next studio buy 100%.
Basically are already since they’ve been solely working on Helldivers with Sony since 2014.

Been 8 years. Shipping & supporting their 1st party game, and soon the sequel.

And as with Haven in Montreal/Canada, Arrowhead would give Sony their first studio in Stockholm/Sweden.

Only a matter of time before Sony set up teams in such major game dev cities/countries.

Reactions: Hobbygaming

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Basically are already since they’ve been solely working on Helldivers with Sony since 2014.

Been 8 years. Shipping & supporting their 1st party game, and soon the sequel.

And as with Haven in Montreal/Canada, Arrowhead would give Sony their first studio in Stockholm/Sweden.

Only a matter of time before Sony set up teams in such major game dev cities/countries.
In fact Helldivers was released in 2015, and a year before Arrowhead released the PS console exclusive Gauntlet (2014). Games need time to be developed, pretty likely needed at least a couple years to make Gauntlet and Helldivers. Before that they made a couple of PC only games.

So Arrowhead never released a game in a non Sony console and pretty likely have been working on PS console exclusive games since around 10 years ago or maybe a bit more.

Regarding the country specific studio, same can be applied to Housemarque and Finland, a country with only 5.5M people but with a lot of important gamedev and tech companies and talent.