PlayStation: Xbox's Call of Duty offer was "inadequate on many levels"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
And that's exactly what happened.
No, "at least several" is not "only 3". And hearing Jimbo doesn't seem Sony signed anything so probably won't expand it for these 3 extra years after their current deal ends.

And that's exactly what's happening.
No, it's the opposite. They didn't release it in any new platform and according to Jimbo their plan is to make it console exclusive -or at least to stop releasing it on PS- as soon as their deal ends.

No, they said they wouldn't exclusively retain Activision games. Most Activision games will be coming to most consoles, you can be sure of that.
Wrong, they specifically mentioned multiple times that Call of Duty would continue being published in other consoles -and particularly mentioned PS- beyond any existing deal, as it was the specific case of the quote I mentioned. They even did use as example Minecraft (an IP whose all post acquisition console games and DLCs have been released in all consoles day one). In some cases, they also added "and other big Activision franchises".

Last edited:
Reactions: ethomaz

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
Genuinely shocked Microsoft hasnt had a response yet. I really dont think they expected sony to air dirty laundry like that.
All year when it comes to the acti purchase, ms suits have been throwing rocks over Sony’s fence. They pretty much said enough. you not gonna lie and indict us in the process. Basically Sony follow up was them telling ms to keep them out of it.

Reactions: toadsage44

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
No, "at least several" is not "only 3". And hearing Jimbo doesn't seem Sony signed anything so probably won't expand it for these 3 extra years after their current deal ends.
Yes it is. Several is two or more. And Phil never claimed that Jimbo had signed anything. Phil just sent him a signed offer.
No, it's the opposite. They didn't release it in any new platform and according to Jimbo their plan is to make it console exclusive -or at least to stop releasing it on PS- as soon as their deal ends.
They said they plan, in the future, on releasing on new platforms (likely the Switch 2 when it's powerful enough). And CoD is staying on Playstation. Zero lies detected.
Wrong, they specifically mentioned Call of Duty multiple times, like in the specific case I mentioned. In some cases, they also added "and other big Activision franchises".
Yes, and they're not making CoD exclusive. It's gonna stay on all consoles.

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Yes, SE is smaller way than ABK and mostly have JRPGs. If Sony buys them would be to secure the JRPG genre for them and to don't depend on 3rd parties for RPGs. Plus SE is very successful at adapting their console IPs to mobile, something Sony wants to do so could learn from them and add their catalog to their new mobile publishing brand. They also have several IPs with proven value in cinema and anime, so could milk them there.

SE generates $2,5B per year and is a profitable company because they release many successful games every year. They have the biggest selling RPG series and the current top grossing MMORPG in all platforms.

i was getting at they don't release a FF every year. They dont have a title that they pump out on a yearly basis was what I was getting at. And that 2.5B was on a high note of covid, and FF14 having a huge resurgence because WOW players left Blizzard for FF14.

On top of their mobile efforts.

Square (and) Enix already was super successful in NES and SNES and already were the kings of RPG. In fact proportionally they were bigger back then.

Square did dozens of exclusives for Sony, and not sure if ever did any for MS. Did Bethesda ever had a MS exclusive game or IP? Bethesda recently released 2 Sony exclusives and traditionally has been a multiplatform publisher.

To you're first question, Square had success on NES and SNES, but more success WW with Sony's distribution of Playstation in outside markets of the US/UK and Japan. Square bought Enix during the PS1-PS2 era because they had the capital during their expansion growth.

FF7, FF8, and FF10 made them so much money that they were able to branch out and buy studios.
Thats wht they are so close with Sony.

They owe a lot of their growth and success in terms of being a powerhouse publisher to those gens. PS2 was in basically every market. Meaning JRPG and Square published game reach was wider than NES/SNES days every was.
To the second about Bethesda, Microsoft similarly to Sony sent engineers to Bethesda and helped them with Morrowind on XBox, helped them out also with Oblivion direct x wise.

So there's a long history of titles that got a good amount of help from Microsoft's Direct X team. It made sense, also Microsoft helped a lot of smaller games like call of cthulu on OG xbox, among others. So that partnership totally makes sense.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
You're as disingenuous as your cult leader Phil Spencer, so I don't expect better from you, but here you go:

"Titled like COD will continue to be available on PlayStation ... "

The phrase "continue to be" is by definition indefinite. Now, show me where they mentioned 3 years.

You have failed to point out the lie, though. Because CoD will continue to be available on Playstation.

• haha

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
Basically everything Philnochle said about Activision deal...

• The wanted to keep CoD multiplatform like Minecraft.
  • They signed an agreement letter in January.
  • At least several years.
  • They want to bring CoD to others platforms.

These haven't even had time to come to reality one way or another yet, how can they possibly be lies? Holy shit, Phil Spencer for whatever reason turns the brains at this place into mush. It's amazing, I love to watch it.

Keeping CoD multiplat like Minecraft: Why would that not still be the plan? Is Microsoft supposed to sign a contract with Sony guaranteeing CoD forever? Why can they not just negotiate a new deal later?

Signed letter in January: where is the lie here? Maybe you don't understand what a signed agreement letter is? It's not a contract, and Ryan could have just not signed it.

Several years: Probably my favorite part of all of this is the faux confusion as to whether or not "several" can suddenly not mean three. Holy shit.

CoD on other platforms: they don't even own CoD yet, and no CoD has released since January, how are they supposed to have released CoD on other platforms yet?

Some of you really need to take a breath and a step back and stop posting such cringe.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
These haven't even had time to come to reality one way or another yet, how can they possibly be lies? Holy shit, Phil Spencer for whatever reason turns the brains at this place into mush. It's amazing, I love to watch it.

Keeping CoD multiplat like Minecraft: Why would that not still be the plan? Is Microsoft supposed to sign a contract with Sony guaranteeing CoD forever? Why can they not just negotiate a new deal later?

Signed letter in January: where is the lie here? Maybe you don't understand what a signed agreement letter is? It's not a contract, and Ryan could have just not signed it.

Several years: Probably my favorite part of all of this is the faux confusion as to whether or not "several" can suddenly not mean three. Holy shit.

CoD on other platforms: they don't even own CoD yet, and no CoD has released since January, how are they supposed to have released CoD on other platforms yet?

Some of you really need to take a breath and a step back and stop posting such cringe.
Another Philnochle defense force :D

Jimbo said that what MS said until not was not accurate and you say they didn't lie... c'mon.
The only reason he made it public was because MS PR was not being honest.

Come back to reality first before discuss.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022

I think they were way too cocky. I remember @Heisenberg007 repeatedly saying that there's no way CoD would go exclusive because it needs that Playstation money. Now that console daddy Jimbo has been publicly crying about the signed deal Phil sent him, morale has broken and wild accusations are being thrown around 😁 Turns out Phil can make CoD "exclusive" and still never break his word. Absolute masterclass.

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
Another Philnochle defense force :D

Jimbo said that what MS said until not was not accurate and you say they didn't lie... c'mon.
The only reason he made it public was because MS PR was not being honest.

Come back to reality first before discuss.

Ryan is playing a PR game and you are falling for it, he's counting on people just like you taking the bait. You aren't disappointing.

All Ryan said was MS's offer was three years past the current deal. That doesn't mean they plan on removing CoD after those three extra years. They can always negotiate for more games... just like they are currently doing right now.

Again, take a breath, use your brain.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Ryan is playing a PR game and you are falling for it, he's counting on people just like you taking the bait. You aren't disappointing.

All Ryan said was MS's offer was three years past the current deal. That doesn't mean they plan on removing CoD after those three extra years. They can always negotiate for more games... just like they are currently doing right now.

Again, take a breath, use your brain.
No. You did already fall for Uncle Philnochle.
JImbo just showed that what Philnochle said was not what happened because Uncle Philnochle gone public with lies first.

Bernd Lauert

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
No. You did already fall for Uncle Philnochle.
JImbo just showed that what Philnochle said was not what happened because Uncle Philnochle gone public with lies first.
Jimbo merely confirmed what Phil said earlier. He just added his salty tears to the statement. No lies detected though.

• haha

DonFerrari

Banned
14 Jul 2022
Is Pinochle some Brazil thing and not just a card game or are you failing at making Pinocchio pun? Genuinely curious.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
The phil defense force is strong... just like trump and elon musk crowd.
Phil lied and his "when everybody plays, we all win" is stupid bs that people fell for.
People really can't see beyond mr Nice guy?

Jimbo is a pure business man but he says stuff as is and does not bs around too much.
Phil steals the naive crowd and his stupid slogan is the only bad thing about great 20th anniv transparent series controller :p

Status
Not open for further replies.