PS "exclusive" Helldivers II will require PS Plus Membership (online paywall) while releasing on PC Day & Date, with online play being free!

• Thread starter Deleted member 223
  • Start date

Fair or Unfair? Should the online PayWall die?

• Total voters

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
To me that is deeply offensive to assume the costumer can wait that long. Why not offer an asynchronous option that is automated? They now have these horrible pseudo-chats that are a complete joke and are designed to make you give up instead of the old RMA websites that worked much better.
you're right, EVGA had an automated RMA system that worked flawlessly....

• thisistheway
Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
D

Deleted member 223

I would keep it just for physical games but my PS5 has had a disc drive that isn't working for months and despite still being covered by warranty Sony is stringing me alone for month saying they'll ship me a box for me to send it and then they just don't do it, multiple times, they don't even send an email to confirm things, the last email I got from them was near one month ago.

I had better support from a cheap Logitech mouse and Corsair RAM sticks than I'm getting from my $500 PlayStation.

Since I don't buy digital I'm unable to play new games (haven't been able to play Spider-man 2 and GoW new DLC because of this).
Their customer support is atrocious. Bargain bin garbage. They also have you pay for shipping when controllers get stick drift, while still in warranty. Best way to get to them is by phone, and even there the wait and hoops is disgusting.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • sad
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Bryank75

I don't get ulcers, I give 'em!
Founder
18 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
Well, if people want equality with pc players, they're gonna need to make themselves heard somehow.

Sony won't do anything if there is no uproar.

Reactions: JAHGamer

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Their customer support is atrocious. Bargain bin garbage. They also have you pay for shipping when controllers get stick drift, while still in warranty.
That's not my experience tbf, I returned my Pulse Explore earbuds via the playstation website and they paid for my shipping (earbuds were a little defective and had some loose component rattling around inside the earbud)

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
This isn’t new news, if Sony was made it where you have to pay PS+ to play there F2P live service games in the future by first party studio that would’ve been a true issue but this isn’t something new. Also PC players have to worry about ddos & there personal information being taken unless they pay for VPN or other services to play safe unless you just don’t give a fuck or don’t have that issue w specific game

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Thread title is Helldivers II, and online play behind a paywall while free for PC. If you're not sure what I'm talking about then go to your eye doctor for glasses or contact lenses - you clearly need it. But I digress... cause why the rush to damage control for daddy Sony while virtue signaling loyalty like a total corporate slave? 🤡:sick:🤮

I'm starting to think it's not just Microsoft on the online astroturf business. Folks be putting up quite the performance. No self awareness to how embarrassing it looks is the telltale.

The takes after getting fucked raw from the village idiots:

More! more! please... while crying behind mask... the meme
or
It's all fine. Nothing to see here... the meme!
or
Doesn't look like anything to me.... the meme!
or
Don't care, still feel great cause x,y,z....

First step to recovery is to shut up. Second step is to admit it's BS and wrong, even if you're still taking it from behind and dealing with it cause you love the ecosystem. Third step is to break the chains, whenever the opportunity arises, and they will... (vote with your wallet, hedge with other platforms, leave the platform when a viable alternative arises etc). The last thing you should do and be is a proud corporate slave or pom pom cheerleader with 0 self awareness of the fact.

Thread title is Helldivers II, and online play behind a paywall while free for PC. If you're not sure what I'm talking about then go to your eye doctor for glasses or contact lenses - you clearly need it. But I digress... cause why the rush to damage control for daddy Sony while virtue signaling loyalty like a total corporate slave? 🤡:sick:🤮

I'm starting to think it's not just Microsoft on the online astroturf business. Folks be putting up quite the performance. No self awareness to how embarrassing it looks is the telltale.

The takes after getting fucked raw from the village idiots:

More! more! please... while crying behind mask... the meme
or
It's all fine. Nothing to see here... the meme!
or
Doesn't look like anything to me.... the meme!
or
Don't care, still feel great cause x,y,z....

First step to recovery is to shut up. Second step is to admit it's BS and wrong, even if you're still taking it from behind and dealing with it cause you love the ecosystem. Third step is to break the chains, whenever the opportunity arises, and they will... (vote with your wallet, hedge with other platforms, leave the platform when a viable alternative arises etc). The last thing you should do and be is a proud corporate slave or pom pom cheerleader with 0 self awareness of the fact.
I don’t give a crap what ps does on pc. I’m a console gamer and this policy has been the same for a decade now. Ppl love crying over nothing. If ppl care so much go play on pc! I haven’t paid a dime for ps plus since January of 2021 and my psplus premium doesn’t expire until 2028. how am I a slave! Keep crying over psplus go ahead and boycott helldivers2 lmao. You’ll deprive yourself of the game Sony still won’t listen to u. I hope they keep the paywall of the minuscule cost of psplus is causing u to lose sleep go buy a pc right now problem solved. Don’t blame me because u are frustrated and impotent to do anything about it.

Reactions: PS_ROCKS

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Yeah and releasing the game at the same time on PC only makes the idiocy and disrespect all the more obvious.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Well, if people want equality with pc players, they're gonna need to make themselves heard somehow.

Sony won't do anything if there is no uproar.
I doubt Sony would get the message.

They see what they want to see and don't care to listen to fans. If the game flops they'll just blame the devs, the IP or the type of the game. They already believe PC is the right strategy so they only look at stuff that confirms it.

They take all PS fans for granted and don't seem to value the hardcore players that buy all their games more than the average FIFA/COD only player, if anything they value us less since they don't think we'll move on from their system.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Pc Gaming is getting worse by the day.
How so? Now it gets all PlayStation games, all Xbox games, devs care about PC a lot more than they used too, we can play on Linux, something like an RX 6600 or 4060 is plenty for the vast majority of games at reasonable settings, pretty much any CPU will do, etc.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
This type shit combined with the awful technical assistance I'm getting on my PS5 makes me want to sell it, go PC only and never look back.

I'm not buying a single digital game on PS so if I ever make the full switch it will be easy. My PS+ sub runs out in a few months and FFVII Rebirth will have released. The clock is ticking for Sony to give me a reason to stay or I'm out for good.

Stellar Blade and Rise of Ronnin ain't going to stop anyone from moving to PC.
lol so I’ll go to pc and still buy ps games oh no plz do go 🙄 you’ll still be giving Sony your money.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Yeah and releasing the game at the same time on PC only makes the idiocy and disrespect all the more obvious.
Yeah because live service games can total survive on just one platform especially a niche small one like helldivers2. The best way to kill helldivers would be not to release on pc day1. Service games need to be everywhere to be viable long term. Not releasing on pc day 1 killed dreams. Some of u guys are really shortsighted.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
lol so I’ll go to pc and still buy ps games oh no plz do go 🙄 you’ll still be giving Sony your money.
Will I? Very bold of Sony to assume everyone moving from PS5 to PC will keep buying their games.

PC has deep sales and they'll give 30% to Valve and lose my 30% on all the games from third-part devs I buy for PS5 and my PS+ sub.

Seems like you are making the same assumption as Sony that porting all their games to PC and treating PS players as suckers have no drawbacks... I wonder how it would've worked out if they had that same strategy since the PS1 days.

How’s the cheating on PC online games these days?
Same as on console because of crossplay.

Last edited: