PS "exclusive" Helldivers II will require PS Plus Membership (online paywall) while releasing on PC Day & Date, with online play being free!

• Thread starter Deleted member 223
  • Start date

Fair or Unfair? Should the online PayWall die?

• Total voters

Wraith Phantom

22 Jun 2022
And that's why we disable crossplay. This game will probably die out on PC. It happened with the predator game. Same will happen again. PC guys waiting in lobbies ,complaining.PS Guys no complaints are gonna be playing within PSN.

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
Will I? Very bold of Sony to assume everyone moving from PS5 to PC will keep buying their games.

PC has deep sales and they'll give 30% to Valve and lose my 30% on all the games from third-part devs I buy for PS5 and my PS+ sub.
Yeah so u guys are going to leave ps go to pc and boy PlayStation games forever. Cool story! What will u be playing the garbage Xbox puts out? Or the trash most of the rest of the industry puts out? So you’ll be waiting for even 3rd party games like FF7rebirth and gta6! Go ahead go to pc and don’t support ps anymore. Long term ps would stand to make more money the 30% would mean crap because they wouldn’t have to deal with manufacturing, logistical cost, physical media would be dead so no more worries about used games cutting into sales. The inevitable all digital future benefits big publishers like Sony and does very little for the consumer. Go ahead everyone move to pc and hasten the digital apocalypse

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I mean... for me at least..

overpriced PC parts, DRM all around, shitty optimization on PC Games etc..

☠️
Well, that's nvidia. Fsr3 just came out and breathed new life into older cards. I have a 6800XT and it works great. Sure raytracing sucks but that's such a small part of pc gaming that it honestly doesn't really matter. The optimization does suck, but I never buy games on PC until I see the fixes roll out. PC gaming has always been about waiting imo, I still remember the shitshow of Diablo 3's launch that didn't get fixed til like a week+ later, and the game wasn't even great til the expansion dropped.

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Yeah so u guys are going to leave ps go to pc and boy PlayStation games forever. Cool story! What will u be playing the garbage Xbox puts out? Or the trash most of the rest of the industry puts out? So you’ll be waiting for even 3rd party games like FF7rebirth and gta6! Go ahead go to pc and don’t support ps anymore. Long term ps would stand to make more money the 30% would mean crap because they wouldn’t have to deal with manufacturing, logistical cost, physical media would be dead so no more worries about used games cutting into sales. The inevitable all digital future benefits big publishers like Sony and does very little for the consumer. Go ahead everyone move to pc and hasten the digital apocalypse

If the digital apocalypse is inevitable I sure as hell rather have my games on Steam.

Reactions: nongkris

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
If the digital apocalypse is inevitable I sure as hell rather have my games on Steam.
Ok so go ahead move to steam. It’s a soulless culture-less void. Pc gaming has no identity it’s trash. PS is true equality. Pc gaming and steam especially is a cesspit of all the worse aspect of human society.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: anonpuffs

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Ok so go ahead move to steam. It’s a soulless culture-less void. Pc gaming has no identity it’s trash. PS is true equality. Pc gaming and steam especially is a cesspit of all the worse aspect of human society.
If that is all you have left to brag about, PlayStation culture... it says everything that needs to be said.

you say this while always cheering on Sony's death rush to PC 😒
Fanboys are like this, everything Sony does is correct and if you don't thank them for that you have a problem. Charging PS+ for multiplayer only for PlayStation fans is inexcusable and yet here we are. Everything has to be spun as a PlayStation positive.

I like PlayStation games and console but I was never a fanboy. Thank God for that, I had an Xbox 360 and if I was an idiot I could've easily turned into an Xbot.

It's like the people that never understood that the Kaz memes were a joke so we ended up with actual Jim Ryan fanboys.

Last edited:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
For those upset at PC having free online access, just buy the game there. I understand the issue and it's really only gonna further undermine Playstation as the GaaS projects eventually rollout..

But just support Helldivers 2 please 😬

Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
For those upset at PC having free online access, just buy the game there. I understand the issue and it's really only gonna further undermine Playstation as the GaaS projects eventually rollout..

But just support Helldivers 2 please 😬
Buy their game as a protest? :ROFLMAO:

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Buy their game as a protest? :ROFLMAO:

I'm not following the discourse in here word for word as to be frank I don't really care? I think the outrage is dumb as y'all knew long ago this would be the case.

All I said is if y'all don't wanna pay to play online then support the Game on PC. Idgaf about protest. I don't wanna see Arrowhead fail over something they had no control over.

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Yeah because live service games can total survive on just one platform especially a niche small one like helldivers2. The best way to kill helldivers would be not to release on pc day1. Service games need to be everywhere to be viable long term. Not releasing on pc day 1 killed dreams. Some of u guys are really shortsighted.

I was talking about paying for PS plus. Making the game also on PC makes it immediately noticeable that PC players don’t have to pay for online.

For the record, no I don’t believe you need PC for a successful multiplayer game either. Console multiplayer games were just fine without them in previous generations. All this PC is needed bullshit is brand new talk.

Dreams would not be anymore different in sales if it were on PC.

People prop up PC like it’s magical answer to everything when that couldn’t be further from the truth. There are more flops on PC than success stories.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I'm not following the discourse in here word for word as to be frank I don't really care? I think the outrage is dumb as y'all knew long ago this would be the case.

All I said is if y'all don't wanna pay to play online then support the Game on PC. Idgaf about protest. I don't wanna see Arrowhead fail over something they had no control over.
It's dumb to be outraged that having a PlayStation is the more expensive way to play a PlayStation? :ROFLMAO:

It's drastically more expensive since the game price will fall over time while PS+ time won't.

This mentality of pretending to be happy with everything is very Xbot like and how they ended up where they are.

Charging for online multiplayer was always a scam (introduced by MS and welcomed by Xbox players, later copied by Sony since it was easy money for them), PlayStation games on PC just expose how stupid it is.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It is fair.

To play in PlayStation Ecosystem you need pay.
PC and consoles players in PlayStation ecosystem should be equal.

Now what could be asked and discussed is the drop of paying for online play in PlayStation ecosystem…

Edit - I mistook the talk lol… PC players needs to pay or consoles players not pay.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
I was talking about paying for PS plus. Making the game also on PC makes it immediately noticeable that PC players don’t have to pay for online.

For the record, no I don’t believe you need PC for a successful multiplayer game either. Console multiplayer games were just fine without them in previous generations. All this PC is needed bullshit is brand new talk.

Dreams would not be anymore different in sales if it were on PC.

People prop up PC like it’s magical answer to everything when that couldn’t be further from the truth. There are more flops on PC than success stories.
Yep, > 95% of the games sales will be on PS5, but "SONY NEEDS PC FOR LIVE SERVICE TO GROW!!!!" 😒😒

Reactions: On Demand

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Yep, > 95% of the games sales will be on PS5, but "SONY NEEDS PC FOR LIVE SERVICE TO GROW!!!!" 😒😒
These numbers might be different for multiplayer games as PC players can't easily pirate multiplayer games and they are an audience that is more skewed to mp games.

That is what I always said, the GaaS push is directly related to the PC ports push. PC ports are nowhere near as harmless as people pretend they are because they influence what games are made. Instead of ending up with unique PlayStation games we'll end up with games that were made taking into account how to succeed on PC (and the first thing you need to do well on PC is begin some sort of GaaS).

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

People falling for the gaas marketing taking point.

I prefer traditional multiplayer games anyway. Normal map levels and a lobby. No battle pass, DLC skins, and seasons.