PS5 has sold more than 533,000 units In February NPD, breaking the record set by PS2 in 2005

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
People keep calling for Jim Ryan's head on a plate on forums/Twitter but in the real world Sony is breaking records under him.

I think it's time for people to stop lying to themselves and admit Jim is fantastic at his job and that they themselves don't know what the fuck they are talking about.
People that say Jim Ryan is bad for PlayStation need to have their brain checked. Jim is all business and he knows how to sell the fuck out of PS consoles.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
Not sure how they did it, but they did it. Seems the PC tangent hasn’t effected this bull at all, so strategy likely to continue despite TLOU disaster.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Not sure how they did it, but they did it. Seems the PC tangent hasn’t effected this bull at all, so strategy likely to continue despite TLOU disaster.

It on’t because sony is doing the smart thing in the end, they are delaying pc releases and even now we know that they might not even be superior ports to console.

Reactions: Shmunter

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
It on’t because sony is doing the smart thing in the end, they are delaying pc releases and even now we know that they might not even be superior ports to console.

i mean outside of Last of us part 1 and Horizon early launch issues their releases have been pretty top notch and way above what people have been getting to be honest.

Reactions: Deleted member 417

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
The first executive to actually have a coherent mobile strategy instead of leaving billions in revenue on the table will actually be a worthwhile exec. The tiny millions that these pc ports are generating are nothing compared to mobile revenue. Jim is alright enough cuz he lets the games do the talking and he didn’t fall into the GamePass race to the bottom that MS was trying to do.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
That's their only hope now
Screenshot-20230329-191023-Chrome.jpg
That's strange 😐, they don't even want MS to bring anything new to them.

The thing is that as MS buys studios people leave them and start new ones.

We may end up with a Disney type of deal where they screw up all the IPs (who was a big Disney, Star Wars, Marve, etc. fan?) And whatever new stuff they put out ends up being just as boring and formulaic anyway. All that despite owning all this talent.

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
Has anyone checked their local area to see if this is even true? I wouldnt be surprised if it was damage control to spin for the fact that xbox just isnt selling well.
This is bs. You can buy the Series X since early 2021 without issues. And since late 2022 at retailers. I was due to work in England and Sweden, aside Germany. Series X is always available. A buddy from me which lives in United States, said it’s easy to spot on Wal Mart and Best Buy.

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Has anyone checked their local area to see if this is even true? I wouldnt be surprised if it was damage control to spin for the fact that xbox just isnt selling well.
I think US availability isn't great, not impossible to get one but not as easy as buying one on a whim.

On the other hand in europe their isn't a stock issue there is a demand issue.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022

Stock has slowed a bit but you can still find them. It’s not like when PS5 had shortages at all.

Even when it was fully stocked it barely could outsell a limited stock PS5 anyway. PS5 was still selling more. From the end of 2021 all throughout 2022 you could easily find a Series X. It also was available on the MS website since 2021.

MS should of tried to take advantage of PS5 shortages and market Xbox and release some games. They couldn’t even do that.

Xbox is just not a popular product as PlayStation is.