PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I was opposed to idea of pro but cmon. Of course I am getting it. Let's just hope it won't be impossible to pre-order
Preorders usually are OK within the time thry go up, it's after that the scalpers deplete everything.

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023
Rumour – PS5 Pro CPU Is On Zen 2 At 4 Nm, Console Size Believed To Be Smaller Than Standard PS5
YouTuber Moore’s Law Is Dead has revealed a few new tidbits on the PS5 Pro specs in its latest episode, specifically mentioning the CPU, which is reportedly still on Zen 2 but now engraved at 4 Nm.

As previously reported, the PS5 Pro CPU isn’t believed to be a massive increase over the original version of Sony’s flagship console. However, Moore’s Law Is Dead has now added that the PSSR (PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution) is not a fork of FSR 4, with Sony having developed it but shared some of their work with AMD.
Elsewhere, the report claims that the PS5 Pro could be a bit smaller than the standard PS5 but not smaller than the ‘slim’ version of the console launched last November. In terms of price, Law’s Moore Is Dead speculates that Sony could position the new machine at $500 without a disc drive.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I was opposed to idea of pro but cmon. Of course I am getting it. Let's just hope it won't be impossible to pre-order
Maybe forspoken will actually look good on the pro

troll trolling GIF

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gamernyc78

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I would be very surprised if the PS5 SoC uses N4.

The conservative specs point to N6 pretty hard.
N4 would be interesting, i might believe it if they need it to have a lower power profile. On 6nm the pro would probably be pushing 300-350w, would need a significant upgrade in cooling and power delivery, on 4nm would probably be around 250w. The chips being smaller could offset some of the fab costs.

Evilms

Graph Master
21 Jun 2022

- He says that PSSR is not a fork of the upcoming FSR 4 from AMD but totally developed by Sony.
- PS5 Pro CPU while being still on Zen 2 is engraved at 4 Nm so it gonna be denser than the base one.
- PS5 Pro could be smaller than the actual PS5 and betseen it it and the PS5 Slim because of that.
- They could fit the 500 buck price tag if they want to.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

EXCLUSIVE - PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed​

The ‘Enhanced’ label first made its introduction into the PlayStation ecosystem following the release of the PlayStation 4 Pro, which meant that the game utilized the Pro console’s improved hardware to offer improved frame rates and resolutions. For the PS5 Pro PlayStation wants games to offer a PS5 Pro-exclusive graphics mode that will combine:

- PSSR to upscale resolution to 4K
- A constant 60FPS
- Add or increase ray tracing effects

• Informative
Reactions: Jim Ryan

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

The ‘Enhanced’ label first made its introduction into the PlayStation ecosystem following the release of the PlayStation 4 Pro, which meant that the game utilized the Pro console’s improved hardware to offer improved frame rates and resolutions. For the PS5 Pro PlayStation wants games to offer a PS5 Pro-exclusive graphics mode that will combine:

- A constant 60FPS

You had me at constant 60fps
It's a day 1 buy

Jim Ryan

Not Lyin
VIP
22 Jun 2022

- A constant 60FPS

Great info. Glad they have set the standards.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Is the consensus that PSSR used dedicated AI processors similar to DLSS or standard RDNA compute units for upscaling?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Is the consensus that PSSR used dedicated AI processors similar to DLSS or standard RDNA compute units for upscaling?
no one knows yet. It's possible they found some way to leverage the dual-issue fp32 of rdna3 to do it since it's for the most part unused otherwise.

• Informative
Reactions: Entropi

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022

no one knows yet. It's possible they found some way to leverage the dual-issue fp32 of rdna3 to do it since it's for the most part unused otherwise.

Can’t be bothered googling now, but I’m pretty sure it’s universally settled that there is going to be specific AI blocks within the console. Feel free to clear it up if I’m mistaken.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Entropi

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023

The 300 TOPs leaked spec points to the GPU using UINT4 in RDNA3's Wave Matrix Multiply Accumulate with the 60 CUs running at 2.45GHz.

So no, there's probably no dedicated tensor units made by Sony in there. It's just using RDNA3's CUs.

It probably wouldn't make much sense to have dedicated tensor units considering the modest increase in memory bandwidth. It's the same reason it wouldn't make much sense to put a much more powerful CPU in there.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
The 300 TOPs leaked spec points to the GPU using UINT4 in RDNA3's Wave Matrix Multiply Accumulate with the 60 CUs running at 2.45GHz.

So no, there's probably no dedicated tensor units made by Sony in there. It's just using RDNA3's CUs.

It probably wouldn't make much sense to have dedicated tensor units considering the modest increase in memory bandwidth. It's the same reason it wouldn't make much sense to put a much more powerful CPU in there.
The CPU similarly is strictly down to being the same Gen, gfx can scale - gameplay needs to be the same.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023

That makes sense. Thanks.