PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022

Pretty much what I want out of this thing. Deliver high frame rate consistently while keeping a high enough resolution.

All that and much better raytracing to boot (y) it probably won't be on par with high end nvidia (4080 class) but it may be on par with 4070/s in terms of raytracing along with their own version of DLSS.

Fenton

Veteran
22 Feb 2023
During the latest episode of the Moore's Law is Dead Broken Silicon podcast, Alderon Games founder Matthew Cassells discussed the yet-to-be-revealed mid-generation refresh system, and how its power and the PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution upscaler will improve games.

Talking specifically about the studio's games, the console could allow them to activate ray tracing if the game already manages to run at 60 FPS on the base model without ray tracing. Regarding resolution, the console's additional power will allow games to be a little less blurry than on the base model, but it won't solve the issue entirely, and upscaling will continue to play a big role in the grand scheme of things, as game engines like the Unreal Engine 5 aren't getting any faster and will continue to need upscaling.

PSSR, however, will make the PlayStation 5 Pro actually feel like 100% more powerful than the base models to developer, split between 50% of actual improvements and the other 50% brought by upscaling.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
No one cares, PS5 has almost no exclusives left. As soon as PS5 Pro comes out, there will be countless content creators and news outlets showing games running far better on a PC that isn't much more expensive. While highlighting other benefits like free online to play the same 1st party games on the same servers, 1st party games being cheaper, and that 1st party ports will come sooner and eventually be day/date. Which is already happening with Lego Horizon.

The only reason to get a PS5 Pro is to play GTA 6 better and that's sad.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
During the latest episode of the Moore's Law is Dead Broken Silicon podcast, Alderon Games founder Matthew Cassells discussed the yet-to-be-revealed mid-generation refresh system, and how its power and the PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution upscaler will improve games.

Talking specifically about the studio's games, the console could allow them to activate ray tracing if the game already manages to run at 60 FPS on the base model without ray tracing. Regarding resolution, the console's additional power will allow games to be a little less blurry than on the base model, but it won't solve the issue entirely, and upscaling will continue to play a big role in the grand scheme of things, as game engines like the Unreal Engine 5 aren't getting any faster and will continue to need upscaling.

PSSR, however, will make the PlayStation 5 Pro actually feel like 100% more powerful than the base models to developer, split between 50% of actual improvements and the other 50% brought by upscaling.

Can't wait to see how it does, exciting times for sure.

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
No one cares, PS5 has almost no exclusives left. As soon as PS5 Pro comes out, there will be countless content creators and news outlets showing games running far better on a PC that isn't much more expensive. While highlighting other benefits like free online to play the same 1st party games on the same servers, 1st party games being cheaper, and that 1st party ports will come sooner and eventually be day/date. Which is already happening with Lego Horizon.

So, is this supposed to be "valid criticism"?

🤣

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022

I care

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
I already said I might for GTA 6, doesn't change the fact that what I said is 100% true.

This is why the PS5 just sold 60 million units without any new exclusives and a price hike. People always end up buying it, no matter how much they complain.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Doubt. All this smart/ai stuff is crap. Fake reoslution, fate framerate. Something always feels off with this stuff.
FSR2 is pixelated mess. It's only good for using quality setting at 4k. Nothing that consoles use.
FSR3 is kidna fine on immortals on ps5 but I had very laggy experience on pc. But it can be a stuttery mess and also a pixelated mess.
DLSS is good. At least when used correctly with motion vectors and so on. It can be good.
Checkerboarding on ps4 was pretty good. Not as pixelated as fsr2 but it barely looked much better than original res.

But Normal graphics with good TAA (yes, I like taa) is still the cleanest.
And what's most important - all these techniques are NOT FREE to use! Let's say you run game X at 1080p fsr2 to 4k.
Without any use of fsr2, you could probably do 1200-1440p native with taa.. It is kinda expensive.
Higher base res is always better.

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
This is why the PS5 just sold 60 million units without any new exclusives and a price hike. People always end up buying it, no matter how much they complain.
PS5 sold 60m purely because PlayStation has been around for decades and has a history of greatness which has sadly come to an end since Ryan/Hulst have taken over.....And 60m isn't impressive either, it should be at well over 80m by now. And where did I complain? 😂 I only stated objective truths

KvallyX

Veteran
Icon Extra
13 Nov 2023
Your Mom
But will it finally do 8K? 😋 J/K, I don't even have an 8K TV. I hope that I will be able to order one the second they open orders. I want it at my house day one. I hope it has a 2TB drive as well.

Reactions: Xeonidus

SuperPotato

1 Mar 2024
PS5 sold 60m purely because PlayStation has been around for decades and has a history of greatness which has sadly come to an end since Ryan/Hulst have taken over.....And 60m isn't impressive either, it should be at well over 80m by now. And where did I complain? 😂 I only stated objective truths

Saying things like "No one cares" isn't an objective truth. 😉

JAHGamer

Banned
8 May 2023
Saying things like "No one cares" isn't an objective truth. 😉
61ZkaCujGrL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg