PS5 Pro updated rumors/leaks & technical/specs discussion |OT| PS5 Pro Enhanced Requirements Detailed.

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
they already went up from 825gb in the launch model to 1tb in the slim. 2tb sounds like something they wouldn't do, although with falling prices of storage maybe they could do it as a value-add.

I was referring to the speed of the internal drive.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
There is literally no point. System is optimize to utilise to the max. 100 won't do anything.
It is already most efficient and fastest thing on market
Yeah that could be it... But let's wait and see if it'll be faster or not when Sony finally reveals the console itself and its specifications in a couple of weeks! (y)

31 Aug 2024
1725072268052.jpg

This is from a 4chan leak take with grain of salt but if those are really the prices I don’t see the pro model selling well

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
Lol the names alone of these 2 versions of the PS5 Pro makes it very obvious that it's fake... NEXT! :ROFLMAO:
Yeah comes across as fake. I don't think Sony even used the word "slim" for the current slim model for its branding. Regardless of disk drive or no disk drive the design is that of the slim.

YeezyDude

17 Jun 2024
Denmark
Yeah comes across as fake. I don't think Sony even used the word "slim" for the current slim model for its branding. Regardless of disk drive or no disk drive the design is that of the slim.
Exactly I don't think Sony would use the word "Slim" to describe the digital version of the PS5 Pro and they might not even make a Slim version of it which they didn't do with the PS4 Pro... But some changes of the inside of the PS5 Pro might happen to shrink some parts down and make it more stable etc. will happen every 1-2 years until I do imagine like 1-2 years before the PS6 is out.

Also guys check this video out...

And while no it won't 100 % look like this so will I say it's not too far off from how it'll look like once it's revealed in the next 7-11 days! 👀

Last edited:
Reactions: Puff

Say1nMan

Veteran
28 Jul 2023
no, the 7700XT is about equivalent to a 4060 Ti in raster and no one knows in raytracing yet, could be around 2080 Ti or all the way up to 3080ish
I really hope the pro isn't all about ray tracing. Personally, I don't care about ray tracing in games and I don't feel like I am missing out on the experience or immersion of the game not having it on. Spider-Man Remastered, Miles Morales, and Spider-Man 2 are the only games where playing with ray tracing is a must but that's only because Insomniac are geniuses with their ray traced tech working with 60fps.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I really hope the pro isn't all about ray tracing. Personally, I don't care about ray tracing in games and I don't feel like I am missing out on the experience or immersion of the game not having it on. Spider-Man Remastered, Miles Morales, and Spider-Man 2 are the only games where playing with ray tracing is a must but that's only because Insomniac are geniuses with their ray traced tech working with 60fps.
It will. The future of game lighting will be full pathtracing for AAA games. PS6 will probably attempt it, or maybe PS6 pro. I didn't think it would be any time soon but if the consoles are adapting AI image inferencing to reduce the rendering workload, depending on how quickly it advances we could see it next gen. pathtraced lighting is probably the only "next-gen" upgrade left visually, after that it'll be about how realistically or believably they can get NPCs and the world/environments to behave.

31 Aug 2024
It will. The future of game lighting will be full pathtracing for AAA games. PS6 will probably attempt it, or maybe PS6 pro. I didn't think it would be any time soon but if the consoles are adapting AI image inferencing to reduce the rendering workload, depending on how quickly it advances we could see it next gen. pathtraced lighting is probably the only "next-gen" upgrade left visually, after that it'll be about how realistically or believably they can get NPCs and the world/environments to behave.
Did you just say PS6 Pro I highly doubt Sony would be dumb enough to do something like that

31 Aug 2024
?? they've done the ps4 pro and the ps5 pro, why wouldn't they do a ps6 pro?
The console market is going to continue to shrink as physical media is fazed out and the industry slowly moves towards PC/Cloud/Mobile the fact of the matter is consoles are slowly going the way of the VCR

• haha
Reactions: Umar

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
The console market is going to continue to shrink as physical media is fazed out and the industry slowly moves towards PC/Cloud/Mobile the fact of the matter is consoles are slowly going the way of the VCR
wishful thinking, pc is only getting more and more expensive. Consoles are nowhere near on the way out. Also, cloud gaming is DoA, I doubt it'll have any significant market share in the next 15 years.