PS5 shipments top 54.8 million as of December 2023. Has outsold Xbox Series X/S 2-1, data suggests

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Needs to understand what happened.
It is not common to have that big drop this time in the generation.
The previous years we have shortages... not in FY23.

PC Ports
Very small 1st party throughput
Price

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Price and inflation and priorities. PC ports had nothing to do with this drop.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Maybe. But it was still a good 2023.

You are using a Xbot way of thinking...
Revenue means nothing if you keep having loses yet... I can have 1000% increase revenue but it I still losing money your company are fucked.

What really matters is that:

image-2024-02-14-120325476.png

Revenue increase +599 (+23%) but the profit dropped 26.9 (-12%).

That is the typical scenario where a company grow without organization or plan... because they start to waste way more money than what they are getting with their new sales (revenue).... they are basically "paying" (yeap with money) to increase revenue.
They increase sales at the cost of lower profit.
That means they could have be better with lower sales (revenue).

Execs needs to see what happened to not let the same happened next quarter or FY.
The outlook is not good.

Xbots loves say MS increase their revenue in zillions % but what matters for a health business is not revenue but profit.
It is better to have lower revenue and bigger profits than bigger revenue with lower profits.
Some companies doesn't grow or attack others markets due that issue.... if going bigger means having less profits then it is not worth of it.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Cool hand luke

ethomaz

Rebolation!
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Price and inflation and priorities. PC ports had nothing to do with this drop.
I can see a PC ports being the main driver of wasted money (drop in profit even with more revenue).
They indeed increased revenue but at the cost of a lot of profit.

They are using their own profit to increase revenue that is what you should not do ever.

The ideia of having bigger revenue is for having more profit.
You can totally understand why the Sony's CEO is talking about increasing profit margins because they really fucked it this fiscal year.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022

Even with ps4 still doing decent, ps5 selling at a stead clip, first party software doing well, bulk of third party sales and accessories doing well, Sony still has razor thin margins. I can’t imagine how bad it is for Microsoft they must be taking billion dollar losses every quarter.

Last edited:
  • haha
Reactions: Nhomnhom
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Alot of regurgitated info being passed around. The numbers and differences been posted.

@Dabaus

Last edited:

Puff

Veteran
10 Jan 2023

Even with ps4 still doing decent, ps5 selling at a stead clip, first party software doing well, bulk of third party sales and accessories doing well, Sony still has razor thin margins. I can’t imagine how bad it is for Microsoft they must be taking billion dollar losses every quarter.

@John Elden Ring You know what to do :eek:
robert-redford-nod.gif

• thinking_hard
Reactions: John Elden Ring