PULSE Elite Review and |OT| "Where innovation meets sound" Releases Feb. 21, 2024

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Connected it to the PS5, got a firmware update. Sound profile seems slightly better on default settings? Maybe placebo because it's still tinny for my liking. Got it EQ'd to a more or less satisfactory state but it took a bit of testing - +2 bass, +1 to lows mids and highs, -2 treble. There's still some awkwardness in the high frequency range that I didn't get in the Pulse Explores - some frequencies seem a bit muted and some others are too much.

On default it really brings out footstep noises though, so I guess there's that.

It's fine, but I probably wouldn't recommend them at the price point. Get the Sony Inzone H7's instead, if they go on sale for $150-200. Or just get the Pulse Explores. I'll still keep my pair since I need an extra set anyway.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Nix

14 Feb 2024
I have the inzone 7's. I prefer the sound profile on them which is much more neutral than the oob sound profile of the pulse elites. Have yet to try them on PS5 so it's possible that EQ can bring down the treble, but imo if you want the best sound quality get the earbud version.
How does the earbud work with voice chat? Is it any good?

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
yeah that measurement confirms what I felt - the Pulse Explores are the real star of the show. I was really impressed with the sound quality of them. The bad part of the pulse explores was that I felt the battery life was a bit too short.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Seems like I was confused about the price in Brazil, the price I listed was for the Pulse Explorer. I'll hold for the official price and then decided between Pulse 3D or Pulse Elite.

Can I use the Dual Link to connect two PCs at the same time? That would be awesome for work.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Seems like I was confused about the price in Brazil, the price I listed was for the Pulse Explorer. I'll hold for the official price and then decided between Pulse 3D or Pulse Elite.

Can I use the Dual Link to connect two PCs at the same time? That would be awesome for work.
No, I wish, only one PS Link device can be connected at a time. But I'm using the PS Link on my PS5 and Bluetooth for PC and it works well enough, the only issue is when you're in a call (like Discord), it mutes all other audio on PC since its bluetooth.

• sad
Reactions: Nhomnhom

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
I got the Pulse Explores a week ago and I really liked the sound, so I pre ordered these from Amazon and they're not yet shipped. Looking at reviews Elite is more treble heavy compared to Explores and I'm not so sure about my preorder now. Seem like you can EQ it and after last firmware the EQ profile stays in the headphones in BT connection to PC. Did you guys EQ the sound to your liking?

Reactions: Plextorage

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
No, I wish, only one PS Link device can be connected at a time. But I'm using the PS Link on my PS5 and Bluetooth for PC and it works well enough, the only issue is when you're in a call (like Discord), it mutes all other audio on PC since its bluetooth.
But they sell Link dongles, maybe connection/switch between two differeeent Links is an easy process?

edit: I remember seeing you can connect up to 8 Link devices somewhere.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
But they sell Link dongles, maybe connection/switch between two different Links is an easy process?
With 2 dongles, switching from PC to PS5 is easy, its automatic, but switching from PS5 to PC is a little annoying depending on where your PC is located. You have to physically push the button on the dongle.

It's easier to just remove the USB from PS5 and put it in PC when you need to use the microphone.

ApolloHelios

2 Jul 2022
Seems like you can connect both Elite and Explore to a single USB Link dongle.
At 4:44

Considering you can also connect the headsets to multiple USB Link dongles, you can use one for PS5 and another for the PC.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
I got the Pulse Explores a week ago and I really liked the sound, so I pre ordered these from Amazon and they're not yet shipped. Looking at reviews Elite is more treble heavy compared to Explores and I'm not so sure about my preorder now. Seem like you can EQ it and after last firmware the EQ profile stays in the headphones in BT connection to PC. Did you guys EQ the sound to your liking?

According to all reviews i saw, to get the good sound, you need to find out which of those small ear cups fits the best for inside

Reactions: ApolloHelios

Deto

1 Jul 2023

I'm also waiting for the official price announcement in BR

The Pulse 3D costs 99 USD, in BR it is ~500 reais.
If the Pulse Elite follows this pattern, it will cost 750~800 reais in BR

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I'm also waiting for the official price announcement in BR

The Pulse 3D costs 99 USD, in BR it is ~500 reais.
If the Pulse Elite follows this pattern, it will cost 750~800 reais in BR
Explorer costs 199 USD and its going to be R$ 1.299,90.

Pulse will likely be close to R$1000 on release.

• sad
Reactions: Deto

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Even with EQ the Pulse Explores are much better. At least imo.