PULSE Elite Review and |OT| "Where innovation meets sound" Releases Feb. 21, 2024

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Should have learned from the shit they pulled with my TV.
What happened with your tv? and this sucks to hear, hopefully its different depending on head shape, but I got it from PS Direct so if its trash then I'll at least be able to return it thankfully

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
What happened with your tv? and this sucks to hear, hopefully its different depending on head shape, but I got it from PS Direct so if its trash then I'll at least be able to return it thankfully
They released a software update that broke the wi-fi 2 months out of warranty and told me i needed to pay to have the TV repaired. Then another software update basically broke all of the smart tv features, so i was stuck with a smart tv that couldnt act as one. They refused to cover it.

I will never buy a sony tv again because of that, my cheap LG smart tv has been running strong for 4 years with many updates.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
They released a software update that broke the wi-fi 2 months out of warranty and told me i needed to pay to have the TV repaired. Then another software update basically broke all of the smart tv features, so i was stuck with a smart tv that couldnt act as one. They refused to cover it.

I will never buy a sony tv again because of that, my cheap LG smart tv has been running strong for 4 years with many updates.
Wow! Thts crazy. Yeah fuck them.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Got mine in.

Initial impressions from about 30 minutes of use:

Pros:
-Build quality is somewhat better than I was expecting - looking at the picture it looks cheaper than it feels. Fairly solidly built, but obviously being a single piece of plastic it's not the greatest
-Sound quality is fine. I liked the Pulse Explores a bit better, but in my experience IEMs are a bit better for my personal use.
-Bluetooth/wireless link quality is top notch. Signal goes through multiple walls flawlessly.

Cons:
-The hanging wall-mount charger is awkward af. The USB-C charging port on the headset is also angled awkwardly, requiring you to push aside one of the earcups to access.
-Very heavy on the treble, those high frequencies are a bit more harsh than I remember on the pulse explores. I wish we had an EQ on PC. This makes the sound a bit more on the tinny side than I like.
-Adjustability of the headband is a little lacking. Could be not great for people with very large heads.

In terms of sound quality I feel that the Pulse Explores had measurably better sound quality, sound source separation, sound stage width, as well as being better EQ'd out of the box.

Tomorrow I'll test it out on the PS5 since there's an EQ option there.

Last edited:

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
First impressions - I got mine and been using them for a few hours now, I really like them. I'm not an audiophile by any means but these sound 10x better than my last headset which was the HyperX Cloud 2s. And as someone that uses their PS5 right next to the PC, with each being on separate monitors, being able to use 1 headset for both systems is amazing. And the wireless aspect is nice too. People I spoke with on Discord say my mic sounds significantly better now as well 😁

They're not as comfortable as the HyperX's I had, but still pretty comfortable so far.

No real complaints yet

IMG_9003.jpg

• Shake
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Cons:
-The hanging wall-mount charger is awkward af. The USB-C charging port on the headset is also angled awkwardly, requiring you to push aside one of the earcups to access.
Yes, it is, I think I'll just ignore it entirely and just charge with a cable regularly lol.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
First impressions - I got mine and been using them for a few hours now, I really like them. I'm not an audiophile by any means but these sound 10x better than my last headset which was the HyperX Cloud 2s. And as someone that uses their PS5 right next to the PC, with each being on separate monitors, being able to use 1 headset for both systems is amazing. And the wireless aspect is nice too. People I spoke with on Discord say my mic sounds significantly better now as well 😁

They're not as comfortable as the HyperX's I had, but still pretty comfortable so far.

No real complaints yet

IMG_9003.jpg
Thnks for feedback 💪

Reactions: JAHGamer

Nix

14 Feb 2024
I have the regular pulse headset, pads started to wear out so looking for an upgrade, I don’t think this is much different than the regular, how is inzone 7 if anyone has it?

PlacidusaX

Veteran
Icon Extra
24 Oct 2022
I have the regular pulse headset, pads started to wear out so looking for an upgrade, I don’t think this is much different than the regular, how is inzone 7 if anyone has it?
These will wear out as well and can't be replaced.

Reactions: Nix

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Been wearing these for over 10 hours straight @Satoru still no warm ears...maybe you got a defective headset? Maybe try Sony warranty?
There's no such thing as Sony warranty in Ireland, they don't sell their products here. We don't even have a codified law on returning products legally. This is kinda like a paradise country for companies to fuck consumers.

But no, it's not defective. I ended up gluing the strap to the top of the headset, and stretched it as much as i could until it actually partially broke. they are comfortable-ish now.

• Surprised

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
There's no such thing as Sony warranty in Ireland, they don't sell their products here. We don't even have a codified law on returning products legally. This is kinda like a paradise country for companies to fuck consumers.

But no, it's not defective. I ended up gluing the strap to the top of the headset, and stretched it as much as i could until it actually partially broke. they are comfortable-ish now.
Wow that's unfortunate and surprising to hear, I always thought EU countries had way better consumer rights than us in the US.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Wow that's unfortunate and surprising to hear, I always thought EU countries had way better consumer rights than us in the US.
Most of them. Ireland is pretty much the same as the US, if not worse in a lot of things (like union rights, funny enough)

• sad

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
I have the inzone 7's. I prefer the sound profile on them which is much more neutral than the oob sound profile of the pulse elites. Have yet to try them on PS5 so it's possible that EQ can bring down the treble, but imo if you want the best sound quality get the earbud version.

Reactions: Nix and Gamernyc78