PULSE Elite Review and |OT| "Where innovation meets sound" Releases Feb. 21, 2024

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Nice. Can't wait to get mine. Pre-order is still not budging though.
First planars!

Reactions: Gamernyc78

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
It looks like it's similar to the Audeze Maxwell in everything but the stronger bass because it's a bit lower powered.
As a Maxwell user, I can assure the Pulse Elite owners are in for a treat.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It looks like it's similar to the Audeze Maxwell in everything but the stronger bass because it's a bit lower powered.
As a Maxwell user, I can assure the Pulse Elite owners are in for a treat.
Sounds good!

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Depending on the price here in Brazil I'm getting one, I was going to get a regular Pulse 3D because every cable I use to connect to the Dual Sense doesn't work right.

My old Gold Headphones broke, as far as I'm concerned they were great.

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Depending on the price here in Brazil I'm getting one, I was going to get a regular Pulse 3D because every cable I use to connect to the Dual Sense doesn't work right.

My old Gold Headphones broke, as far as I'm concerned they were great.
Love my Golds but I get headaches from wearing them too long. Thankfulky Sony gave me another option, I love my explores!

• Surprised
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
For those interested, my Pulse Elite arrive today and I intend on testing them while playing Helldivers 2, as well as on my computer later in the day when chatting with my friends. I will provide an update on what I think of them, 🤞 they are comfortable!

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
For those interested, my Pulse Elite arrive today and I intend on testing them while playing Helldivers 2, as well as on my computer later in the day when chatting with my friends. I will provide an update on what I think of them, 🤞 they are comfortable!
Thnks.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
Some quick thoughts on the Pulse Elite:
  • Sound, when listening to music, is crystal clear. Bass is beautiful especially, very clear. They are a little heavy on mids and high mids, but not exaggerated.
  • They don't have a super wide soundscape with music, but per reviews, gaming is where it shines
  • They fit my head perfectly, but the band on top kinda pressures my head a little too much. They are comfortable on my ears though, and I have earrings
  • The pads are warm, and I mean WARM. This thing is boiling the sides of my head
Will provide more thoughts after playing with them, but so far I love the sound and don't really love the fit.
that could be kind of useful during the cold winter months 😂 jking, thats unfortunate.

Mine are coming in later today hopefully

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
that could be kind of useful during the cold winter months 😂 jking, thats unfortunate.

Mine are coming in later today hopefully
I do have a problem with closed back headphones, they usually get very warm for me, so it could just be a personal thing. But so far they work fine.

One thing, the instructions to pair them with a bluetooth device are proper garbage, I needed to actually check the website

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Some quick thoughts on the Pulse Elite:
  • Sound, when listening to music, is crystal clear. Bass is beautiful especially, very clear. They are a little heavy on mids and high mids, but not exaggerated.
  • They don't have a super wide soundscape with music, but per reviews, gaming is where it shines
  • They fit my head perfectly, but the band on top kinda pressures my head a little too much. They are comfortable on my ears though, and I have earrings
  • The pads are warm, and I mean WARM. This thing is boiling the sides of my head
Will provide more thoughts after playing with them, but so far I love the sound and don't really love the fit.
"boiling" lol thnks for the update. Idk but the Sony headphones with bands hurt my ears after awhile.

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Update on my review: After 1h30m using the headphones, I cannot recommend them. They sit well on my head and ears, but the top of my head is physically hurting since the strap is way too tight. For those purchasing in ireland via smyths, understand that they do not accept returns if the box has been opened. Save yourself the money and buy a pair of these

Edit: Losing a lot of faith in Sony and their quality. I seriously doubt these were tested by humans during extended periods of time. And by extended, I mean a couple of hours. Should have learned from the shit they pulled with my TV.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Update on my review: After 1h30m using the headphones, I cannot recommend them. They sit well on my head and ears, but the top of my head is physically hurting since the strap is way too tight. For those purchasing in ireland via smyths, understand that they do not accept returns if the box has been opened. Save yourself the money and buy a pair of these

Sorry to hear tht and thts why I passed on them and got the explores.