PULSE Elite Review and |OT| "Where innovation meets sound" Releases Feb. 21, 2024

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Did they actually review the right headset? The sound profile is extremely bright and the headset is not bulky at all?
I wonder but rtngs is usually very Profesional and go to for TV tech reviews and such.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
are they dumb?
Poor noise isolation? Thee fucking things don't have noise cancellation and passive noise isolation is so good, I can hear my heartbeat and bloodflow. it's TOO GOOD. In fact, you need goo passive isolation for planars. Put a finger under the cushion and all bass is gone.

not well built?! Like how? It's just subjective. these are fine and comfortable.

Unintuitive controls? what the hell. Button to turn on, = or - for volume. wtf do they want. Same shit with pulse 3d and I loved that thing

There is no lack of bass. Maybe it didn't seal on their ear microphones but it sounds good after you get used to it. It sounds bright at first but it's detailed, rich and you hear stuff you neve heard... and the bass is capable. It does all I want it to.
If someone doesn't like it, I highly recommend pulse 3d. I actually liked pulse 3d comfort more and bass maybe a bit more... but it sounds way less detailed.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
are they dumb?
Poor noise isolation? Thee fucking things don't have noise cancellation and passive noise isolation is so good, I can hear my heartbeat and bloodflow. it's TOO GOOD. In fact, you need goo passive isolation for planars. Put a finger under the cushion and all bass is gone.

not well built?! Like how? It's just subjective. these are fine and comfortable.

Unintuitive controls? what the hell. Button to turn on, = or - for volume. wtf do they want. Same shit with pulse 3d and I loved that thing

There is no lack of bass. Maybe it didn't seal on their ear microphones but it sounds good after you get used to it. It sounds bright at first but it's detailed, rich and you hear stuff you neve heard... and the bass is capable. It does all I want it to.
If someone doesn't like it, I highly recommend pulse 3d. I actually liked pulse 3d comfort more and bass maybe a bit more... but it sounds way less detailed.
I really think they reviewed something else other than the pulse elites

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
are they dumb?

Im glad you guys are bringing up these points as some ppl consider "rtngs" to be like this holy grail for tech reviews.

Reactions: rofif

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
Maybe the rtings guys forgot to disable the mic lol. It's auto on and the side tone from ps5 is saved to the headset.
So if I caonnect it to pc and enable it, the ic goes on and SO DOES THE SIDE TONE.
Which is actually great because the headset isolates so well, I just enable mic with a button on the left side if my wife says something lol. It's just ambient audio amplificaiton

Reactions: anonpuffs

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
I’ve had them since day 1 and I like them. The only real issue for me is that it’ll randomly disconnect occasionally. Only happens like once a week, and reconnecting is easy, but it’s still annoying when it happens. They sound a lot better than the AirPod Pros and my old HyperX Cloud 2s, the mic is surprisingly good, the battery life is amazing, and it’s more than comfortable enough.

reziel

Veteran
12 Jun 2023
I've had no issues with them I was originally going to buy the wireless earbuds over these but there was alot of disconnectivity problems in the right earbud apparently so I chose the cheaper option which oddly enough you would expect the headset to be more expensive. Definitely don't regret biting the bullet for em.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It couldn't have been the explores lol because the explores also sound great and have gd bass and are intuitive enough.
well the explores are earbuds and thus aren't bulky lol... also they have way better sound quality than the headset which is crazy to me, the bad thing is they only have like 4-5 hours of battery life which is annoying af

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
well the explores are earbuds and thus aren't bulky lol... also they have way better sound quality than the headset which is crazy to me, the bad thing is they only have like 4-5 hours of battery life which is annoying af
OH I always take them off after an hour but damn thy so sound do good.