Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I guess I just don't get where the line is drawn.. HBO Max is where I watch all HBO stuff... Barry, Westworld.. any future GoT Spinoffs.. Euophoria.

They really thinking of going back to the old days where the only way to watch HBO scripted content is... cable?

That's the part that seems incredibly odd to me.

I assume they keep the app and just get rid of the max branding or something. Which i hope because they have the best streaming 4k quality next to Apple

House of Dragons, The Last of Us, Barry, etc. Westworld will still be streaming

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I assume they keep the app and just get rid of the max branding or something. Which i hope because they have the best streaming 4k quality next to Apple

House of Dragons, The Last of Us, Barry, etc. Westworld will still be streaming
The segregation never made sense to be fair.
I hope they find a way for an unique service.
I like HBO Max but it really lack in terms of original content.

KnittedKnight

Gaming Sage
Icon Extra
13 Jul 2022
Grand scheme of things... not a big deal if Warner Bros Gaming slips away.... HOWEVER, I'm a HUGE fan of the Batman Arkham Games...and by default Rocksteady in particular, and I also enjoyed the Shadow of Mordor games from Monolith. So it will sting on a personal level to see them under any other helm... specially if titles go exclusive along with the license.

Selfish me says, ABSOLUTELY ACQUIRE!

In contrast, Activision is a fart in the wind for me, except that Crash IP, and Sekiro (but we all know it's From's game, not Activision's. That IP goes nowhere without FromSoftware.) So.

OP
OP
Remember_Spinal

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Grand scheme of things... not a big deal if Warner Bros Gaming slips away.... HOWEVER, I'm a HUGE fan of the Batman Arkham Games...and by default Rocksteady in particular, and I also enjoyed the Shadow of Mordor games from Monolith. So it will sting on a personal level to see them under any other helm... specially if titles go exclusive along with the license.

In contrast, Activision is a fart in the wind for me, except that Crash IP, and Sekiro (but we all know it's From's game, not Activision's. That IP goes nowhere without FromSoftware.) So.

It would be like microsoft completing the infinite gauntlet if they got those studios. Once Microsoft get a good amount of single player/action studios, especially if they manage to get some game licensing with it, its over.

• angry
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Would this include Rocksteady and Netherealm Studios? Would be worth it for that alone to anyone.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022

Sekiro IP is owned by From too.

• party
Reactions: KnittedKnight

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
WB is too big and mess to manage. Maybe some single studios but never all of them. And don't forget the buyer will not get the IP rights only the talent and studios. A potential buyer would have to negotiate a license agreement with Warner Bros, which I can imagine be very difficult.

I am staying with it, if Sony buys a publisher then it will be someone from Japan.

Reactions: Muddasar

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I really doubt hbo max will be folded into discovery+, it’s extremely successful.

Reactions: LED

nominedomine

Banned
8 Jul 2022
HBO Max to me is by far my favorite streaming service, their catalog of show is spectacular. I'm impressed by how bad Netflix or Disney+ are in comparison.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
The catch 22 sony is in right now is that it needs multiplayer GAAS to fund the AAA single play exclusives, hence them making 10 GAAS games in the next two years. The problem is sonys base and audience want single player games. Another issue sony has is that although they have a great first party, alot of games associated with playstation arent owned by them like say Final Fantasy, Resident evil GTA. I think sony needs to circle the wagons a bit here and circle the wagons on companies vital to the brand, fast. I dont think WB games, as important as they are, would qualify for that.

I really think sony has their work cut out for them here. Id say square enix should be priority number one. After that maybe fromsoftware and see what microsoft does next. Hate to say it but to some extent sony is at the mercy of microsofts share holders for phils budget and anti trust regulations, neither of which seem to want to enforce any form restraint on the xbox division yet.

Sony need to be smart with their limited resources and i think going big in japan makes the most sense to me for them.

CloudStrife

9 Jul 2022
Call me silly but I don't think Sony is interested in buying a bunch of studios with high headcounts and not many IP that they would have to sink money into. They need established GAAS titles to fund single player experiences. Unless Sony would get exclusive gaming rights to WBs major IPs, I just don't see this happening. Either way, we are gonna find out in the coming months. My bet is on SquareEnix.

Status
Not open for further replies.