Redfall is launching on Xbox consoles with Quality mode only (4K30FPS)

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Giant Bomb were honest about this unlike Colteastwood who recently with his latest tweet proves he is a paid astroturfer/shill that will probably lose those perk of being flown out for E3 if he actually is honest.

Giant Bomb:

ColtEastwood:

Huge difference, and the fact the guy was on twitter defending Redfall after IGN video to me shows you his bias. Regardless if the person playing was bad. WHich they were, similar to their Doom Eternal coverage.

But it does not take away that Redfall like the leaks a while back suggested was coming in hot.

But he literally damaged controlled, and now that official word is out about how it will play, he's now being "honest" when giant bomb straight up in the first minute of that preview from March talk about it running on a pc, running at max settings, and having terrible frame rate.

On top of it just not being good.

I hope someone sends this Giant Bomb video to Colt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nhomnhom

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
30 fps in 2023? is ridiculous. Does Gotham Knights still run at 30 fps on PS5 and Xbox?
Yes it is 30fps but the opposite of launch it is now a very solid 30fps experience… pretty good to be fair.

The game could had be launched with that smooth 30fps that should have avoided a lot of bad words.

DF believes 60fps will be pretty hard to archive in actual CPUs… even on top PC they had a hard time to sustain it… it becomes somehow near solid 60fps using DLSS 2.

Last edited:

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
think he's a visionary for going in a subscription based model because it is a huge risk but they had to do something.
Subs services are nothing new, we had them on other consoles since before internet, on PC since the early 2000s.

Staying the same wasn't going to work regardless of what anyone wants to believe.
Obviously, but a good CEO would have taken a working strategy. Maybe keep the gamepass idea (sony does make money on PS+ whatever) but the first order of business should have been to focus on building a strong and distinctive library for the Xbox One, make the specs irrelevant through good software, lile Nintendo but for the grownups.

It's not like making good games makes no difference, the early 360 gen was great, 360 exclusives were important and people flocked to the console. If they had followed with a generation where the console was reliable and kept the good parts of the early 360 days people would have flocked to their machine.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That type of thinking that I don't get.

1681411738692.png

Why people believes that for having a PC version making modes in consoles become easier? The opposite it add complexity and take time/money to be implemented independent if you have an unoptimized PC version that brute forces whatever setthings the users things is good for him.

Console users like us deservers premium experiences without need to adjust anything.... the game should be optimizaed fully for the console we have independent of the modes... we know it takes time and money and that is why we pay for that from day one.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Giant Bomb were honest about this unlike Colteastwood who recently with his latest tweet proves he is a paid astroturfer/shill that will probably lose those perk of being flown out for E3 if he actually is honest.

Giant Bomb:

ColtEastwood:

Huge difference, and the fact the guy was on twitter defending Redfall after IGN video to me shows you his bias. Regardless if the person playing was bad. WHich they were, similar to their Doom Eternal coverage.

But it does not take away that Redfall like the leaks a while back suggested was coming in hot.

But he literally damaged controlled, and now that official word is out about how it will play, he's now being "honest" when giant bomb straight up in the first minute of that preview from March talk about it running on a pc, running at max settings, and having terrible frame rate.

On top of it just not being good.

I hope someone sends this Giant Bomb video to Colt.
That makes you wonder how many people/sites reviewing games aren't completely under MS influence. The most MS thing would be to buy people people off to control the narrative instead of just improving their games. Jez, Tom Warrior, etc, all work for sites that review games.

MS clearly tried to get close to digital foundry previously to the release of this gen and they have been pretty "generous" when it comes to the Series S/X.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
That makes you wonder how many people/sites reviewing games aren't completely under MS influence. The most MS thing would be to buy people people off to control the narrative instead of just improving their games. Jez, Tom Warrior, etc, all work for sites that review games.

MS clearly tried to get close to digital foundry previously to the release of this gen and they have been pretty "generous" when it comes to the Series S/X.
Tried? They basically secured good will from DF since last gen with exclusive first access to things.
DF even make spoonsed articles for MS.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Tried? They basically secured good will from DF since last gen with exclusive first access to things.
That's how it looked to me, I just didn't want to state it as fact.

People are also susceptible to be influenced without direct money exchange, access, perks, support trough advertising and so on.

P

peter42O

Obviously, but a good CEO would have taken a working strategy. Maybe keep the gamepass idea (sony does make money on PS+ whatever) but the first order of business should have been to focus on building a strong and distinctive library for the Xbox One, make the specs irrelevant through good software, lile Nintendo but for the grownups.

It's not like making good games makes no difference, the early 360 gen was great, 360 exclusives were important and people flocked to the console. If they had followed with a generation where the console was reliable and kept the good parts of the early 360 days people would have flocked to their machine.

I agree with you but the problem is that how could Phil build a strong library with Xbox One when he had several people above him not caring about Xbox and gaming preventing him from doing what he wanted to do? He had no power and control. People tend to think that just because he's been at Microsoft a long ass time that he could whatever he wanted when until late 2017 he couldn't. I go based on the start of 2018 to where Phil finally had power and control and regardless of what anyone believes, Microsoft is finally taking Xbox and gaming seriously by investing what is most likely over $100B dollars into the brand, platform and eco-system. Are they perfect? Fuck no. Have they fucked up a few times this generation already? Absolutely. But am I more hyped, excited and confident in Microsoft and Spencer despite the negatives this generation than I have been since the first half of the Xbox 360 generation? Yes.

Xbox One was a disaster because of their direction which was Mattrick, Harrison and Myerson. I know Spencer went along with it all but what else is he going to do? Throw away 20 years or whatever it was back in 2013 by disagreeing and leaving? Nah, that would be stupid. You wait them out. And five years later, all three were gone and Spencer was in charge. I understand why a lot of people here believe Spencer should be gone or this or that but to me, that's going way too far, there's no one there to replace him, the person that would replace him could be far worse and if the business direction doesn't align with what it's currently being structured to be, then well, you're just setting everything back at least another decade and looking at another reset. I don't know about anyone else but I don't want that to happen whatsoever because it would only make it far worse than what it is now.

For me, Microsoft and Spencer have this generation to show me how they do with Xbox and to keep me as a fan for next generation which I have said before. I have also said that the first half of this generation for Xbox will be weak while the second half will be strong and to be honest, I prefer to see Xbox Series start weak and end strong as opposed to the opposite like Xbox 360 or even Xbox One.

But we'll see how it continues to play out. This generation in my opinion has 5 1/2 years left in it so they have plenty of time to get shit right and the main thing is just releasing great games which despite what many here believe, they have done thus far. If anything, they're just not consistent in regards to releasing their first party games in general and only consistent in shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly. Even for 2023, I say delay Redfall and Starfield into 2024 if needed because while a second straight year being empty would suck, releasing them at 30FPS and underwhelming those who'll be playing them (like me) is far worse than any delay no matter how long the delay is. If Arkane needs another 6-12 months to eliminate the required always online, get a 60fps option at release and allow progress to those playing co-op but aren't the host, then yeah, delay the fucking game.

With that said, I know that outside of perhaps Starfield being delayed to November, I don't see Microsoft delaying any of the games again. One delay (big or small) is all I think they get. I disagree with this 100% and world prefer delays because too many publishers in this industry release games that simply aren't ready and always need more time. Give them more time. But whatever, it is what it is.

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
I agree with you but the problem is that how could Phil build a strong library with Xbox One when he had several people above him not caring about Xbox and gaming preventing him from doing what he wanted to do? He had no power and control. People tend to think that just because he's been at Microsoft a long ass time that he could whatever he wanted when until late 2017 he couldn't. I go based on the start of 2018 to where Phil finally had power and control and regardless of what anyone believes, Microsoft is finally taking Xbox and gaming seriously by investing what is most likely over $100B dollars into the brand, platform and eco-system. Are they perfect? Fuck no. Have they fucked up a few times this generation already? Absolutely. But am I more hyped, excited and confident in Microsoft and Spencer despite the negatives this generation than I have been since the first half of the Xbox 360 generation? Yes.
Xbox One was a disaster because of their direction which was Mattrick, Harrison and Myerson. I know Spencer went along with it all but what else is he going to do? Throw away 20 years or whatever it was back in 2013 by disagreeing and leaving? Nah, that would be stupid. You wait them out. And five years later, all three were gone and Spencer was in charge. I understand why a lot of people here believe Spencer should be gone or this or that but to me, that's going way too far, there's no one there to replace him, the person that would replace him could be far worse and if the business direction doesn't align with what it's currently being structured to be, then well, you're just setting everything back at least another decade and looking at another reset. I don't know about anyone else but I don't want that to happen whatsoever because it would only make it far worse than what it is now.
Phil took over the xbox division back in 2014... before that he was busy making sure that RARE and Lionhead studios would not release any good games ever again. When he took over the xbox division he basically continued the Mattrick vision, minus the kinekt, all digital, online and service based, but he also cancelled the games, lied to gamers about DX12, cloud computing, new games coming out next year. I'm fairly sure that he ran the mysterXmedia site from his basement as well. That riled up the fan base, and some are still high on the fumes of hope these lies gave him.

Sony's strength is not only their 1st party/2nd party studios and associated releases, there are always a multitude of Japanese/indie games coming along that will never see the light of day on xbox, in part because Sony's market share is dominant. That has been the same in the xbone life cycle, I recall the first summer with the PS4 where Sony did not have anything interesting in the immediate future, there were new games every single week to beef up the library, compared to NOTHING on the xbone in many weeks, obviously most people don't look up the new releases on a weekly basis, but these games were there (sorry, I can't name any of them because, like MS's output, they work as games but are nowhere near top tier).
For me, Microsoft and Spencer have this generation to show me how they do with Xbox and to keep me as a fan for next generation which I have said before. I have also said that the first half of this generation for Xbox will be weak while the second half will be strong and to be honest, I prefer to see Xbox Series start weak and end strong as opposed to the opposite like Xbox 360 or even Xbox One.
I would not say that this is impossible, Sony has released messy games as well, but this has always been among top tier releases. They have been on this buying spree for years and years now. Yet the output is lower than ever, and nothing of importance unless you are starved for games.
But we'll see how it continues to play out. This generation in my opinion has 5 1/2 years left in it so they have plenty of time to get shit right and the main thing is just releasing great games which despite what many here believe, they have done thus far. If anything, they're just not consistent in regards to releasing their first party games in general and only consistent in shooting themselves in the foot repeatedly. Even for 2023, I say delay Redfall and Starfield into 2024 if needed because while a second straight year being empty would suck, releasing them at 30FPS and underwhelming those who'll be playing them (like me) is far worse than any delay no matter how long the delay is. If Arkane needs another 6-12 months to eliminate the required always online, get a 60fps option at release and allow progress to those playing co-op but aren't the host, then yeah, delay the fucking game.
Delays are always better than releasing broken, that killed Halo:I, the userbase was just left in no time and there was no longer an incentive to release the patches/seasons. But sometimes a game is just as good as the developers working on it, or the tools they have. Anyway, personally I have only played games in performance mode, with an unlocked framerate since the first day I got my 120hz TV. Even 60hz is hard to use by now, I don't care about their user survey that says frame rate does not matter, I care about performance and 30fps just feels completely broken. Now more people than ever will have been conditioned to 60+ FPS in all games all the time, it may be hard to go back, even for those who tolerated it before.
With that said, I know that outside of perhaps Starfield being delayed to November, I don't see Microsoft delaying any of the games again. One delay (big or small) is all I think they get. I disagree with this 100% and world prefer delays because too many publishers in this industry release games that simply aren't ready and always need more time. Give them more time. But whatever, it is what it is.
They have had so much time, I may pay attention to their two hours presentation (I will not watch it completely, I'll watch the trailers). My assumption is that a couple of their new acquired studios will have something to show, and this has better be very substantial because those who are still paying attention will just tune out for good.

The problem is that for someone who never had a series console so far there is just no reason to get one, especially not if you got a PC. So even if they were to release 4 games this year (which Sony will probably do, because this is their thing), and ALL OF THEM were honest 9.x (using scores here, but I mean, legit top of he heap games in their genre)... That would still mean buying a 500$ machine for 4 games, while on the other hand you can get the PS5 and it will grant you access to all the games they have released since the generation began, also the PS4 ones.

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
That type of thinking that I don't get.

View attachment 1013

Why people believes that for having a PC version making modes in consoles become easier? The opposite it add complexity and take time/money to be implemented independent if you have an unoptimized PC version that brute forces whatever setthings the users things is good for him.

Console users like us deservers premium experiences without need to adjust anything.... the game should be optimizaed fully for the console we have independent of the modes... we know it takes time and money and that is why we pay for that from day one.
The game must be cpu and/or memory bound on Xbox for the 30, otherwise a simple rez drop for 60 would have been a simple option

Reactions: ethomaz