Redfall is launching on Xbox consoles with Quality mode only (4K30FPS)

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Sounds a lot like minecraft where you need to have hundreds of mods just to give the game any depth and content. I've personally never been a fan of fallout or elder scrolls, they just don't interest me.
Bethesda games are mostly boring. Starfield might be successful on pc. On consoles it’ll flop since nobody buys an Xbox and people don’t even know Starfield exists.

riesgoyfortuna

Veteran
4 Jul 2022
When you have one of the most blatant ms. Ass lickers like klobrille having a meltdown on Twitter for this you know they are fucking hurt, they want this thing to be one of their flagship titles to brag about, karma its a bitch

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Red2Radio

13 Mar 2023
Germany
I feel like the twitter meltdown is the most satisfying thing to happen in a while. Guess MS played with their userbase one too many times, took the lie a bit too far and people slowly come to the realization that this is what so many of us have been saying for the past decade. It's like they caught a glimpse of reality through those rose tinted glasses. Game is a disaster, I hope Xbox have something else besides Starfield lined up for this year, otherwise my Series X was basically a Hi-Fi Rush machine for the whole year...

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The series x subreddit is melting down, I'm actually happy for them because if they stop supporting this behavior maybe Xbox will change for the better. Have to fire Phil and Satya Nadella first thoughView attachment 1005
steve carell no GIF

Leave Phil and Nutella alone. They are great!
Xbox doing great. No need to change at all.

Reactions: Red2Radio

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
I’m sure there are many dummies that will convince themselves that 4k 30 is better than 60fps because they appreciate the inconsequential visual enhancements only noticeable in still screens. They are of course wrong and clueless.

Substandard for modern online gaming.

The stupid vampire gimmic, gamepass and shit tier hero characters was already hurting this. Now it’s dead on arrival.

Another online game to bite the dust… RIP Arkane.

• fire

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
I’m sure there are many dummies that will convince themselves that 4k 30 is better than 60fps because they appreciate the inconsequential visual enhancements only noticeable in still screens. They are of course wrong and clueless.

Substandard for modern online gaming.

The stupid vampire gimmic, gamepass and shit tier hero characters was already hurting this. Now it’s dead on arrival.

Another online game to bite the dust… RIP Arkane.
if it looks like Horizon, Demon's Souls or Ratchet, then you can make a case for 30fps.

but if the game look like a turd, like Redfall, 30fps is just beyond laughable.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
if it looks like Horizon, Demon's Souls or Ratchet, then you can make a case for 30fps.

but if the game look like a turd, like Redfall, 30fps is just beyond laughable.

There are different demands for online games. You won’t see the same quality of assets for a the PvP portion or CoD vs the campaign. It’s night and day.

So it’s art direction being a bit more cartoony made sense…

But then they can’t even deliver 60fps. Redfall looks worse than most co-op games. Outriders is the worst looking of the bunch still tho

30fps is unacceptable for a modern online shooter. There’s no sugar coating it.

ARKANE DONE FUCKED UP

Reactions: Swift_Star

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
There are different demands for online games. You won’t see the same quality of assets for a the PvP portion or CoD vs the campaign. It’s night and day.

So it’s art direction being a bit more cartoony made sense…

But then they can’t even deliver 60fps. Redfall looks worse than most co-op games. Outriders is the worst looking of the bunch still tho

30fps is unacceptable for a modern online shooter. There’s no sugar coating it.

ARKANE DONE FUCKED UP
Personally i have no problems with it, but i bet many do. No argument here.
They must have had 60fps.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
We told them, didn’t we?
I also have no problem with it or with 30fps.
I have the problem with hypocrisy, though.
MS and it’s deranged fanboys bash ps5 for the minor perfomance hiccup and then they release a game at this state? Unacceptable. When you act this “holier than thou” you simply CANNOT make any mistakes, you’re simply not allowed to.
This is why I think Sony and Nintendo communications are smarter. They don’t foster this aggressive behavior on their fanbase, they just release their games.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022

I can adjust in a minute or two and it’ll be fine if you’re just going in for the more casual play campaign and dip.

Hurts the console release and whatever hardcore crowd it could develop. There are many high quality games out there that run and look exceptional and they will more likely just go back to those. The bar is set high and competition is tough.

You can see general sentiment from internet and fans leaning towards a delay or just waiting for the performance patch to jump in.

Bethesda has way too much pressure on them. They’re the only studio releasing Xbox games this year… they’ve already been cut… and all eyes are on them. I kinda like Bethesda and always thought their varied efforts have been… nice

• brain

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Xbox fan base pushed that narrative and not it is hitting back.
But that happens regualary since original Xbox.
It is a vivious cycle.

In this case 30fps is fine since good and solid 30fps (see Destiny 1 and 2).
But Xbox fans pushed a narrative that 30fps is a thing only for PS5 and its "underpowered" hardware.
Now they are facing reality lol

I will say more... something in Series X be it hardware, software or SDK doesn't seems to be fine... there are something that doesn't works because it always have issues with games that is suppose to be light... imagine when it start to get heavy graphic pushing games like PS5 received.