Redfall is launching on Xbox consoles with Quality mode only (4K30FPS)

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
I think he's a visionary for going in a subscription based model because it is a huge risk but they had to do something. Staying the same wasn't going to work regardless of what anyone wants to believe. He is still the guy who turned around the brand and kept Xbox alive. I know some here would have preferred Xbox to die but im not one of those people. I want them to better compete and Spencer is the only guy that is capable of accomplishing that because let's be honest, who else could do it? Everyone else is either old and past their time or may not have the same vision so imagine someone wanting to change everything back. That would set them even further back. Forget this generation being a "reset", that shit would be this generation and next generation.

If you gave me carte blanche to spend tens of billions in acquisitions + running a business at no profit I'd also be a visionary, by that definition.

His vision can be resumed to: Series X being a fiasco, Gamepass stagnating and being full of shovelware, and first party throuput being a joke and subpar.

Also, he managed to dodge the Xbox One fiasco blame game while also being part of Xboxs management at the time.

If he's that good at something it would be that he's an incredible con artist.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
If you gave me carte blanche to spend tens of billions in acquisitions + running a business at no profit I'd also be a visionary, by that definition.

His vision can be resumed to: Series X being a fiasco, Gamepass stagnating and being full of shovelware, and first party throuput being a joke and subpar.

Also, he managed to dodge the Xbox One fiasco blame game while also being part of Xboxs management at the time.

If he's that good at something it would be that he's an incredible con artist.
He always failed miserably in execution, he talks a big game but always comes up short.

15 years ago he was put in charge of overseen Xbox studios and completely destroyed all they had going on for them. His vision and timing for the "Netflix of games" and cloud gaming were clearly wrong reads of the market.

He was given the money to buy Gears, Minecraft, studios and entire publishers, all of that to just get beat worse than before.

• haha
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
But that happens regualary since original Xbox.
It is a vivious cycle.

In this case 30fps is fine since good and solid 30fps (see Destiny 1 and 2).
But Xbox fans pushed a narrative that 30fps is a thing only for PS5 and its "underpowered" hardware.
Now they are facing reality lol

I will say more... something in Series X be it hardware, software or SDK doesn't seems to be fine... there are something that doesn't works because it always have issues with games that is suppose to be light... imagine when it start to get heavy graphic pushing games like PS5 received.

Destiny 2 is 4k 60fps on Series and PS5. If it was still 30fps today it would be substandard. Redfall doesn’t even look as good as current D2 either.

Redfall is not even cross gen. But it sure as hell looks and runs like last gen. 30fps has not been acceptable for online multiplayer games for years now. Especially now that cross play with a pc is more common… you want some kind of parity.

All currently successful online games are all 60fps on console. All of them.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Destiny 2 is 4k 60fps on Series and PS5. If it was still 30fps today it would be substandard. Redfall doesn’t even look as good as current D2 either.

Redfall is not even cross gen. But it sure as hell looks and runs like last gen. 30fps has not been acceptable for online multiplayer games for years now. Especially now that cross play with a pc is more common… you want some kind of parity.

All currently successful online games are all 60fps on console. All of them.
There is no substandard because that standard doesn't exists.... it never existed to be fair.
Destiny runs since 2014 good in 30fps on consoles... it was never a issue.... PS5 version is just a patch for it and not a game made for it... if Bungie decides to make Destiny 3 at 30fps on PS5 it will be fine.

And yes 30fps is acceptable like always was in the past.
It is a developer choice after all.

This 60fps "standard" is something created by warriors.

BTW the post you quoted already give you an example of current sucessful online game in 30fps... Destiny 2 and it is kicking yet on PS4.

PS. Like I said Redfall being 30fps is not a issue at all and should never be one.... the issue is the narrative created by Xbox fans over the game and Xbox... that is what is hitting them back.... if it was a game for PS5 in 30fps it should be fine and not cause that big backslash.

Last edited:

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
Era xbox apologists are freaking out because everyone is BASHING the game and xbox management. FINALLY. I've been waiting for years for this and the wake up call has arrived at last. Will Xbox change for the better after this disaster? Doubt it.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
Era xbox apologists are freaking out because everyone is BASHING the game and xbox management. FINALLY. I've been waiting for years for this and the wake up call has arrived at last. Will Xbox change for the better after this disaster? Doubt it.
No surprise they are lefting out from the bashing their own fanbase 🤷‍♂️

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I think he's a visionary for going in a subscription based model because it is a huge risk but they had to do something. Staying the same wasn't going to work regardless of what anyone wants to believe. He is still the guy who turned around the brand and kept Xbox alive. I know some here would have preferred Xbox to die but im not one of those people. I want them to better compete and Spencer is the only guy that is capable of accomplishing that because let's be honest, who else could do it? Everyone else is either old and past their time or may not have the same vision so imagine someone wanting to change everything back. That would set them even further back. Forget this generation being a "reset", that shit would be this generation and next generation.
Yes, he was a visionary: At making Devs crunch harder to meet strained deadlines in order to release games in a decaying subscription service that, to makes ends meet, need games to have lower budget and be infested with trash MTX, further devaluing the games.
Good luck expecting something with the same level of quality and polish as GoW Ragnarok and Zelda ToTK on gamepass. It'll NEVER happen.

Reactions: riesgoyfortuna

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
There is no substandard because that standard doesn't exists.... it never existed to be fair.
Destiny runs since 2014 good in 30fps on consoles... it was never a issue.... PS5 version is just a patch for it and not a game made for it... if Bungie decides to make Destiny 3 at 30fps on PS5 it will be fine.

BTW the post you quoted already give you an example of current sucessful online game in 30fps... Destiny 2 and it is kicking yet on PS4.

PS. Like I said Redfall being 30fps is not a issue at all and should never be one.... the issue is the narrative created by Xbox fans over the game and Xbox... that is what is hitting them back.... if it was a game for PS5 in 30fps it should be fine and not cause that big backslash.

No it will be not be fine. There are no successful current gen online multiplayer games that run at 30fps. Redfall is not a single player game.

I don’t know why you keep bringing up Ps4. Redfall is a current gen game not a last gen ps4 game; it just runs and looks like one. Standards and expectation for multiplayer games have become more demanding. That’s the point to new consoles.

And if the patch is coming then this is just rushed to release … this is a big mistake for a new product launch.

Reactions: anonpuffs

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
No it will be not be fine. There are no successful current gen online multiplayer games that run at 30fps.

I don’t know why you keep bringing up Ps4. Redfall is a current gen game not a last gen ps4 game; it just runs and looks like one. Standards and expectation for multiplayer games have become more demanding.
There is no standard.

Who created or defined that standard? You are using warrior retrorics as standard.
There is no rule / standard / anything that defines that "next-gen" games should be 60fps.
It is a case by case decided by the developer... it was always like that.

Unreal Engine 5 is suppose to delivery in 30fps... did you see how many compromisses they are doing to allow to use "next-gen" tech in 60fps? And it is still unstable.

🤷‍♂️

I said Destiny 2 because it is the first game that come to my mind without need to do reseach... and it is a current game... millions of gamers play it daily in 30fps without any issue.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
There is no standard.

Who created or defined that standard? You are using warrior retrorics as standard.
There is no rule / standard / anything that defines that "next-gen" games should be 60fps.

Unreal Engine 5 is suppose to delivery in 30fps... did you see how many compromisses they are doing to allow it to reach 60fps? And it is still unstable.

🤷‍♂️
I think that, in day and age, it's better if a dev release a 1080/60 mode than not having at all, even if the 4k/30fps is the main product.
It'll catch less heat on the internet and from the fanbase.
Tbf, Most of them should be trying to achieve that 40fps middle ground on 120Hz displays and letting unlocked modes there for future preservation.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I think that, in day and age, it's better if a dev release a 1080/60 mode than not having at all, even if the 4k/30fps is the main product.
It'll catch less heat on the internet and from the fanbase.
Tbf, Most of them should be trying to achieve that 40fps middle ground on 120Hz displays and letting unlocked modes there for future preservation.
You or any gamer expecting that from the devs is fine.
To that to be a standard there will be a long road.

What I'm saying is that warrior created that "standard" based in expectations.

Standard to me is not expectatons... it is when you define a set of parameters that can't be break in most of cases except very little exceptions... and neither MS or Sony set that standard with PS5 or Series X.
Nobody never defined a standard that PS5 and Series X can't have 30fps games... in fact most if not all games ships with 30fps modes that just tell you 30fps is fine and there is no framerate standard in the "next-gen".

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
You or any gamer expecting that from the devs is fine.
To that to be a standard there will a long road.

What I'm saying is that warrior created that "standard" based in expectations.

Standard to me is not expectatons... it is when you define a set of parameters that can't be break in most of cases except very little exceptions... and neither MS or Sony set that standard with PS5 or Series X.
Nobody never defined a standard that PS5 and Series X can't have 30fps games... in fact most if not all games ships with 30fps modes that just tell you 30fps is fine and there is no framerate standard in the "next-gen".
It might not be standard but it's what's expected and you will get heat when you don't achieve that.
It is what it is.

Reactions: ethomaz

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
There is no standard.

Unreal Engine 5 is suppose to delivery in 30fps... did you see how many compromisses they are doing to allow to use "next-gen" tech in 60fps? And it is still unstable.

🤷‍♂️

I said Destiny 2 because it is the first game that come to my mind without need to do reseach... and it is a current game... millions of gamers play it daily in 30fps without any issue.

… on last gen hardware.

It’s a standard set by players and all the top multiplayer games in the industry on current gen machines.

Big brand shooters will not go back to 30fps for multiplayer. I doubt we will see many online games do this; they’d rather stay in cross gen. It just isn’t happening.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
It might not be standard but it's what's expected and you will get heat when you don't achieve that.
It is what it is.
I agree.

But it is getting heat because Xbox fans moked since Series X announce that it was the definitive 60fps machines while PS5 not.
Most laughable takes on Twitter are people sharing posts from 2020 about how PS5 will suffer with 30fps games and Series X not.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
… on last gen hardware.

It’s a standard set by players and all the top multiplayer games in the industry on current gen machines.

Big brand shooters will not go back to 30fps for multiplayer. It just isn’t happening.
It is expectations.

I'm a players and never bothered with that expectation 🤷‍♂️
Matrix demo already showed what you can expect from "next-gen".

A godd amount of games at the end of this gen will push 30fps.
Redfall is not the first neither will be the last.

And that is fine.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Not sure... I played it and it was very impressive.
No game released in these cosnoles do what that demo did.

The word most used for it was "jaw-dropping" 🤷‍♂️

On a technical level maybe but I found it visually revolting. Still find something like RE7 more impressive.

I don’t see UE5 as some kind of industry panacea anyway. It’s what it always is. I’ll tell you what tho … I don’t play Fortnite but I’m impressed with how it’s looking lately in latest promos. The engine shift is a neat achievement.

Reactions: Alabtrosmyster

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

30fps not a problem, lack of choice is, especially when m$ made all this war and employed shills with the same agenda as xbox ss, sx are next gen machine which can do 60fps and even more. All that beast talks, rdna2 and other bullshit.

Last edited: