Redfall is launching on Xbox consoles with Quality mode only (4K30FPS)

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
30fps is fine if your game looks much better or much more complex than other 60fps games.

That hasn't happened a single time in this gen so far.

30fps with nothing to show for it's just devs flexing their incompetence.
Plague tale requiem was one i would forgive for the 30fps, the game wasn't that fast paced and looked good.

And it's crazy how bad motion blur can make 30fps feel. I remember when i first played it, i was like holy shit i can't do this, and then turned off motion blur difference was night and day.

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven
This wouldn't have been such a huge issue if Phil and Greenberg didn't deploy their shill and influencer army to spread crap all over social media. They themselves did it as well.

And while they had the excuse of "Sony paying for worse performance" on 3rd party deals, the chickens are coming home to roost now.

I have no idea how that man kept his job for so many years. He has to be blackmailing or in other ways threatening the upper management at MS. No one that incompetent would have kept their job for so many years.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I'm glad Xbox is getting some much-needed hate after "the most powerful console ever" tagline but I think 30 fps is fine.

I hate how 60 fps is now the standard and you need the option Day 1 or you get obliterated (like Tchia or Gotham Knights). Very unfair when people have been playing 30fps for decades with no issues.
blame pc gamers

• sad
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
This wouldn't have been such a huge issue if Phil and Greenberg didn't deploy their shill and influencer army to spread crap all over social media. They themselves did it as well.

And while they had the excuse of "Sony paying for worse performance" on 3rd party deals, the chickens are coming home to roost now.

I have no idea how that man kept his job for so many years. He has to be blackmailing or in other ways threatening the upper management at MS. No one that incompetent would have kept their job for so many years.
The most impressive thing is how he destroyed Xbox studios, lies non-stop and is never blamed or held accountable for anything.
blame pc gamers
Blame people that play games. 60fps as a basic standard is great.

Loy310

Veteran
14 Aug 2022
This is beyond embarrassing. All the clowns who were trying to throw shade at R&C, Spiderman, HFW, GT7, etc. and all the stellar PS5 games that have RT modes and 120fps. MS can’t even get this mediocre Xbox360/XB1 game to run at 30fps on their own system. What happened to the monster that eats monsters for breakfast?

Oh God No GIF by Desus & Mero

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
I remember a guy on GAF writing that and people in disagree...

Apr 21 2022 said:
I believe we will start to see more 1080p 30fps games… let’s not talk about 4k.

Any game with Nanite or Lumen won’t reach 4k or 60fps on consoles right now (well even PC)… 1080p and 30fps are the target these new rendering techs were created.

I hope they reach at least 1440p or 60fps late this gen with optimizations.

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
At this point it has to be on purpose right? There’s no way the whole gaming division is this incompetent? Starfield is going to be 30fps and run at like 15 fps 720p on the series S. I wouldn’t be surprised if the series S version is just streamed through x cloud.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: FIREK2029

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
This is beyond embarrassing. All the clowns who were trying to throw shade at R&C, Spiderman, HFW, GT7, etc. and all the stellar PS5 games that have RT modes and 120fps. MS can’t even get this mediocre Xbox360/XB1 game to run at 30fps on their own system. What happened to the monster that eats monsters for breakfast?

Lmao, I remember how offended those Xbox dudes were about a tweet that had nothing to do with them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: FIREK2029

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022

Yep. That’s the biggest problem when it comes to Microsoft. They invest so much in their toxic fanbase, boast so much about how they’re good with that “holier than thou” attitude that, when something goes wrong, it backfires hard. We’ve seen it over and over.

laynelane

Veteran
14 Jul 2022
How did this get to 6 pages?

For me, I'm looking at how MS first-party (new) IP is being handled in this instance. Release and patch later is not a good situation. As well, considering how many IPs they have already recently bought and are still trying to buy - I don't believe this bodes well for future quality of releases. I don't say that with utmost certainty, but there are other examples too (and the opposite, of course). Finally, the hubris surrounding "the world's most powerful console" is brought into play here too.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Deleted member 223