Redfall | Review Thread

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You play on Xbox. Is there a way to play downloaded games on a "guest user" that actually has no live account, if my main account is active on the console and has access to GP? On PS5 it's very simple. Download game and play on any other console (not PSN) account. Doesn't seem to work on Series X.

@Sircaw
Where are you getting the Metacritic score from? It not showing up on their site.

63% atm

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Of all the exclusive games MS promised for the next 12 months last E3 the one they are able to release is this mess.

In the meantime they also chose to not promote Hi-fi Rush and instead send it to die with a stealth release. Phil Spencer is a clown.

Now to Starfield, let's see what another 30pfs bugged mess can do to save Xbox.

OP
OP
John Elden Ring

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Seems that Starfield is in the same state as this game

94f7f3f958b76b392b651309973979e56e7fe6c9e9158c56a0d05274e493bbd8.jpg

Lord Mittens

Community Cat
1 Jul 2022
Same, I still have lots to do in the game. You enjoying it?

What's the game you're looking forward to most after that?

I love it, as much as the performance is jank the combat is solid and they have improved everything since the first game.

Has to be Diablo 4, the beta was excellent and it will keep me really busy till the next release! either Armored Core or Spiderman 2.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
MS is screwed. This is what this studio had to show after 5 years working on the game? How much money will MS need to invest so that the next game this studio makes is on pair with the best this industry has to show? How many year will it take?

The entire Gamepass business model is wrong. This is not how you make AAA games.

MS doesn't get to blame Bethesda since they were the ones that paid $7B for them.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters
24 Jun 2022
Starfield has received some very notable delays, did redfall receive any? I can't remember.

Well Starfield's had a soft delay from June to September, but I'm thinking if both games were in a bad/rough state, MS and Bethesda chose to sacrifice RedFall and direct all optimization and clean-up resources to Starfield.

May've required pulling members from other teams off those to Bethesda, so I can imagine some Arkane Austin and maybe even Tango Gameworks people came to pitch in. But I don't know how the studio structure or organization is like at Zenimax, or if they even semi-regularly pull people from certain studios to others to help on games.

P

peter42O

The original Quake has better AI than this, and that's what 25 years old.

It's a total shambles.

I never played Quake so I can't comment on it's AI but I won't argue because I will be playing on hard as easy and normal seems to have nothing but dumb as fuck human AI. The Vampires seem far better on every difficulty level so at least that's good.

We all know consistency isn't the medias strongest quality... haha

Haha. Can't argue that.

• Shake
Reactions: Bryank75 and Sircaw
D

Deleted member 223

The "pile on effect" is in effect for this title. When you go exclusive you get the privileged press and a fanboy prop and defense force but likewise the expectations for quality go high to back up all of that talk. Fail to meet such expectations and well, it's not pretty. Survival of the fittest.

• brain
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Papacheeks

Old Guard
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
I love it, as much as the performance is jank the combat is solid and they have improved everything since the first game.

Has to be Diablo 4, the beta was excellent and it will keep me really busy till the next release! either Armored Core or Spiderman 2.
yo , Exanthis is back from his Alaskan Fishing trip.

Did u get to take @Sircaw with you to see the sights.

And what I mean by sights, is watching his brothers and sisters get slaughtered?

Bring me some smoked salmon jerky if u got any left.