Redfall | Review Thread

TerraNova

26 Apr 2023
I love immersive sims. Probably my favorite genre. But they're exceptionally hard to do well, let alone achieve good sales and reviews. As a result, the entire genre feels like it's hanging by a thread, held up by probably less than five developers and constantly under threat of being compromised with GaaS-y mechanics to increase engagement.

That's the worst takeaway of this dud, IMO. I've read that a different team developed Redfall than the one who did Prey, so perhaps some hope remains Arkane can get back on their im-sim track. Still, Arkane's pedigree is really coming into question between this and Youngblood, and I struggle to imagine how MS/Bethesda greenlights the kind of fully-fledged sequel to Prey its fans would want.

It increasingly feels like MS has paid essentially peak price for Bethesda, but a version that's on substantial decline. I shake my head at Bethesda management's attempts over the last few years to to spin storied developers and their strengths into these awful caricatures of their former strengths that only exhibit the veneer of an im-sim or otherwise something more substantial, but are really just mediocre, also-ran GaaS titles.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I have run out of leave unfortunately, got to save back up again before I can take another break :)
keep up your vendetta against my species and I will put you on disability leave permanently

Monday Morning Lol GIF by GrowthX

FIREK2029

24 Jun 2022
Are Phil’s arse wipers finally cracking? Humans can only take so much punishment I guess.
I doubt it. Those guys are going down with the Phil ship. He's been lying to them for almost a decade and they haven't abandoned him yet.

This trash game was delayed a whole year and still came out this bad and broken lol

P

peter42O

This must be the longest run of bad press for a platform holder, ever.

They better have a 10/10 showcase

Don't see a showcase anywhere close to 10/10. I'm 100% expecting Sony's showcase to slaughter it. For all the people who shitted on Hi Fi Rush, it's looking like a masterpiece compared to Ghostwire, Legends and Redfall. lmao

Reactions: daniel5043

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Don't see a showcase anywhere close to 10/10. I'm 100% expecting Sony's showcase to slaughter it. For all the people who shitted on Hi Fi Rush, it's looking like a masterpiece compared to Ghostwire, Legends and Redfall. lmao
They still have that ESO DLC, it was in your killer 2023 list

Age of Empires 2 DE
Hi Fi Rush
Minecraft Legends
Redfall
Ghostwire Tokyo port
Forza Horizon 5 expansion
The Elder Scrolls expansion

As for PSVR 2, the vast majority of games are ports from Rift or upgrades from PSVR 1. Don't know what an add-on has to do with just the consoles themselves.

Django Unchained Leonardo GIF