Redfall | Review Thread

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
This is why it’s not enough to just have a bunch of first party announcements. It’s good to have a list or infographics of all these things but at the end of the day they still have to be quality releases that uplift the brand.

The more you put out these disasters it just drags everything else down with it. Now theres so much pressure on starfield being a generation defining experience its almost guaranteed to disappoint. There was a time where a badly optimized 86-89 bethesda rpg would be more than enough for most but now its gonna be judged even harder.

Sleepy Brown

Banned
5 Jul 2022
Doesn't matter? 😂😂 I've heard it all. On to the next mediocrity fail and comments of "it doesn't matter".
It really doesn't.
Starfield will be the Game of the Year 2023 and the Activsion-Blizzard deal will go through soon. Literally the biggest publisher of this industry, owned by Microsoft.
It will be a good year. One mediocre game, which was in development before MS acquired them, won't do much damage.
Sony had Destruction AllStars or 3rd party exclusives (funded by Sony) Forspoken. It happens sometimes.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
It really doesn't.
Starfield will be the Game of the Year 2023 and the Activsion-Blizzard deal will go through soon. Literally the biggest publisher of this industry, owned by Microsoft.
It will be a good year. One mediocre game, which was in development before MS acquired them, won't do much damage.
Sony had Destruction AllStars or 3rd party exclusives (funded by Sony) Forspoken. It happens sometimes.
You guys never learn, always so desperate. I doubt you even believe that nonsense yourself.

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
It really doesn't.
Starfield will never win in a year with tears of the kingdom lol
And ABK deal is dead.

Reactions: Rivet

Swift_Star

Veteran
2 Jul 2022
I love immersive sims. Probably my favorite genre. But they're exceptionally hard to do well, let alone achieve good sales and reviews. As a result, the entire genre feels like it's hanging by a thread, held up by probably less than five developers and constantly under threat of being compromised with GaaS-y mechanics to increase engagement.

That's the worst takeaway of this dud, IMO. I've read that a different team developed Redfall than the one who did Prey, so perhaps some hope remains Arkane can get back on their im-sim track. Still, Arkane's pedigree is really coming into question between this and Youngblood, and I struggle to imagine how MS/Bethesda greenlights the kind of fully-fledged sequel to Prey its fans would want.

It increasingly feels like MS has paid essentially peak price for Bethesda, but a version that's on substantial decline. I shake my head at Bethesda management's attempts over the last few years to to spin storied developers and their strengths into these awful caricatures of their former strengths that only exhibit the veneer of an im-sim or otherwise something more substantial, but are really just mediocre, also-ran GaaS titles.
Bethesda is been in a bad shape since fallout 4. People shit on square enix but we all know what to expect from their low-mid budget games, because they’re exactly what you expect: 70~80 games and are not massive investments.
But this? This is ridiculous.

Reactions: arvfab

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
MS destroying studios alright.
The gamepass touch.
I'm sure Arkane wanted to cancel this turd years ago but it was too late after the project was sold to MS during the acquisition.

At least they had something to show them when they fleeced them for 8 billions.

sarcastic laugh GIF

Mild Conviction

13 Jan 2023

I still remember some dipshit at Stevivor who reviewed Death Stranding said it was evidence that game directors should have LESS carte blanche over their projects, and I got irrationally angry. I don't care how much you disliked DS, that is a fucking creatively bankrupt, wannabe Bobby Kotick thing to say. Only a turd who wants more committee-made shit off a production line would say something like that. Fuck them.