Rise of Ronin Review and |OT| "Discipline first, discipline forever"

What do you think will be the metacrituc average?

• 50-60

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 61-70

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 71-80

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • 81-90

Votes: 18 51.4%
  • 91-100

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

AllBizness

Veteran
22 Jul 2023
I received my preorder bonus gear a few hours into the game, very cool how it was done, I didn't even know there was a preorder bonus.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
Kinda enjoying this a ton. It’s tsuhima souls.

Performance tanks a bit in open world. However… turning off all post processing graphic effects helps?

Reactions: Gamernyc78
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Kinda enjoying this a ton. It’s tsuhima souls.

Performance tanks a bit in open world. However… turning off all post processing graphic effects helps?
Tsushima Souls? Oh tht sounds like heaven.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
After the breakdiwn of performance and blurryness I'm going to wait till it's like $30.
What is this BS? I'm playing the game and the image is clear and the graphics are fine.

I feel like this game could be a GOTY if Tsushima didn't exist. Very unfair what people are saying about Rise of the Ronin. It's a great, enormous game full of interesting things to do with great gameplay and combat.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
What is this BS? I'm playing the game and the image is clear and the graphics are fine.

I feel like this game could be a GOTY if Tsushima didn't exist. Very unfair what people are saying about Rise of the Ronin. It's a great, enormous game full of interesting things to do with great gameplay and combat.
Personally, i thought the game looks bad, but after playing it, game looks better than i expected just that popping is very obvious.
Edo region especially good looking with the the city, plenty of detail.
Performance also good. I am playing graphics mode with open frame rate, most of the time it "feels" as it is 60fps while traveling, but if fights happens, then dips to 30fps.

Very interesting DF analysis, they always downplayed fps fluctuation with VRR when it was xbox console, now with PS5 pretending like it doesn't exist.
They played just 6h, so they didn't see 2nd area nor 3rd, so how they made this analysis?

Last edited:

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Personally, i thought the game looks bad, but after playing it, game looks better than i expected just that popping is very obvious.
Edo region especially good looking with the the city, plenty of detail.
Performance also good. I am playing graphics mode with open frame rate, most of the time it "feels" as it is 60fps while traveling, but if fights happens, then dips to 30fps.

Very interesting DF analysis, they always downplayed fps fluctuation with VRR when it was xbox console, now with PS5 pretending like it doesn't exist.
They played just 6h, so they didn't see 2nd area nor 3rd, so how they made this analysis?
digital foundry never puts effort into their 'analysis' any more, they just play the first section of a game and make a video. pretty pathetic

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Performance concerns are valid. Once the open world hit I was a bit disappointed with the pop in and frame rate. For whatever reason, maybe my imagination, turning off all post processing (motion blur, depth of field etc) helps performance. But Ff16 got a pass for whatever reason meanwhile ronin is far better optimized than that (and a way better rpg and action game).

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

That's why it's good not to necessarily listen to professionals. A game might drop a few seconds to 56fps and be a little blurry and they make it seem like it's the end of the world.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
I see the long press and release gimmick is strong this year for action games. Kinda a one-button game for melee combat but it works.

It’s really refreshing to play. To get a new weapon and it actually handle differently than the last.

To actually have skill trees and builds. Meanwhile wtf they rate that turd of Ff16 and its amateur hour everything? Come on now. The exclusive meta tax and fanboy bias goes both ways

Bu bu the graphics. Ff16 had shit lighting and performance outside of cutscenes. It looked last gen 90% of the time. Ronin looks better, runs better. But nah let’s give ff16 a pass. The middling trash it is… 😂

Last edited:
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I didnt notice any blurryness tbh.
FF16 had worse when moving around non combat areas
Thnk you all for your insight. Some ppl are sensitive to stuff like tht and I don't happen to be one of them. You know what's crazy lol I didn't realize Bloodborne had frame Pacing issues till after the numerous articles and complaints from ppl.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Thnk you all for your insight. Some ppl are sensitive to stuff like tht and I don't happen to be one of them. You know what's crazy lol I didn't realize Bloodborne had frame Pacing issues till after the numerous articles and complaints from ppl.
Indeed, some people are more sensitive than others, there might be some pop in for ROR, but tbh the same people who complain about ROR on a certain other forum are also people who think Witcher 3 was game of the generation and you dont hear them complain about the crap performance of that game and so many bugs. Let alone the combat cannot touch ROR.

ROR might not be GOT in graphics and animations, but the combat is delicious and the game has good stuff to do, more than most open worlds. The animation is no less than Nioh either.

Yeah Ive put like over 300 hours into Bloodborne and its barely noticeable lol.