Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Releases on |The Game Awards 2023

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
Here's how you try to be the victim

When people disagree with your claim, you start telling people that you're not allowed to say a game looks better than anything else out there.
We should all be able to push back on someone stating a game looks better than all others. It's the status quo to challenge someone's claims. So no, I'm not being a victim. If he thinks HFW looks better, I can state he's wearing "only Sony 1st party" biased glasses.

Here's an environment with more lighting.

DyWTfhN.png

stcNASO.png

We can see more of the detail here and it really doesn't stand out to me.
Those screens look awesome. If you can't see the extra detail on the terrain using Nanite, or the beautiful art direction, then I don't know what to say.

If you want to go into specifics about the rendering and pipeline, I will be more than happy to talk specifics. I work with UE5 everyday as my job and can go over with you, the scope of the engine's features.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
The coalition's new game, Hellblade, and Fable (turn10) will be the new graphics champions when they release. As Sony keeps releasing PS4 ports of TLOU that look the same and Insomniac's graphics seems to have peaked with Ratchet. Decima seems to be the only Sony first party engine that is actually producing next gen visuals.

I can’t tell who is joking anymore.

I sincerely hope you are.

MS has never produced anything of graphical quality matching Sony games. PS4 games look better than whatever games they released this generation.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
With all due respect this game and Microsoft's output is a joke at this point though. By the time this releases it'll be either half way into the gen or more. And we all know Microsoft's track record in general with showing visually stunning games, bull shots, footage and then dropping the ball hard (Halo did it several times, Crackdown 3 was a bait and switch and others). No confidence in games they administer no matter who the devs are.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I can’t tell who is joking anymore.

I sincerely hope you are.

MS has never produced anything of graphical quality matching Sony games. PS4 games look better than whatever games they released this generation.
Yeah Non isn't joking he just has a weird agenda 😂. None of tht was believable. Coalition is trash BTW lol thy more mid tier devs. Xbox hasn't had a graphical crown in over a decade and that won't change.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: KiryuRealty

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
With all due respect this game and Microsoft's output is a joke at this point though. By the time this releases it'll be either half way into the gen or more. And we all know Microsoft's track record in general with showing visually stunning games, bull shots, footage and then dropping the ball hard (Halo did it several times, Crackdown 3 was a bait and switch and others). No confidence in games they administer no matter who the devs are.
Ignoring gameplay since no one can actually play these games.. HB2 has the new technology in UE5.0 that everyone went bonkers over. Is it suddenly now less impressive than the Matrix demo or the Nanite demo?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Ignoring gameplay since no one can actually play these games.. HB2 has the new technology in UE5.0 that everyone went bonkers over. Is it suddenly now less impressive than the Matrix demo or the Nanite demo?
I mean I guess we will find out when it releases in 2028 smh. I won't be surprised if Wolverine releases before this.

• Shake
Reactions: Frozone

Frozone

Banned
11 Aug 2022
I mean I guess we will find out when it releases in 2028 smh. I won't be surprised if Wolverine releases before this.
It won't be that long.

I understand you guy's frustration since Sony isn't introducing anything current that's NOT a sequel. That's why I mention to not put so much stock into publishers and pay more attention to the developers -- regardless of the game being an exclusive or not.

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Yeah Non isn't joking he just has a weird agenda 😂. None of tht was believable. Coalition is trash BTW lol thy more mid tier devs. Xbox hasn't had a graphical crown in over a decade and that won't change.

Yeah I mean whatever someone’s issue is with Sony doesn’t change reality. It’s their first party developers that have been setting standards since last generation. Not MS.

People bothered by Sony setting the bar with graphics and everyone taking notice and giving them praise. That’s not Sony’s fault nor the fanbase. Thats an issue with yourself.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Yeah I mean whatever someone’s issue is with Sony doesn’t change reality. It’s their first party developers that have been setting standards since last generation. Not MS.

People bothered by Sony setting the bar with graphics and everyone taking notice and giving them praise. That’s not Sony’s fault nor the fanbase. Thats an issue with yourself.
Since before last gen. Second half of PS3 it was all Sony from God of War, Uncharted 2 wiping the floor with Gears and Kill zone visually way more impressive than Halo l. Sony has never looked back since second half of PS3 days.

• Informative
Reactions: On Demand

On Demand

Veteran
Icon Extra
30 Jul 2022
Since before last gen. Second half of PS3 it was all Sony from God of War, Uncharted 2 wiping the floor with Gears and Kill zone visually way more impressive than Halo l. Sony has never looked back since second half of PS3 days.

Oh yeah of course the PS3!

Sony did some amazing things with that Cell hardware. Crazy.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Oh yeah of course the PS3!

Sony did some amazing things with that Cell hardware. Crazy.
That gen made me appreciate and really prefer Sony consoles. The games I played were unlike any I played on other consoles. When I sat down and played Uncharted 2 I couldn't believe I was literally controlling the character in real time. Killzone 2 till this day is my favorite sci-fi shooter mp. So many good memories.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
It won't be that long.

I understand you guy's frustration since Sony isn't introducing anything current that's NOT a sequel. That's why I mention to not put so much stock into publishers and pay more attention to the developers -- regardless of the game being an exclusive or not.
You mean like Hellblade 2 being a sequel or Flight Sim or hold up Battletoads 😂 come on Fro be real my man 😂😂

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
Yeah bud, you fool no one.

And XboxGAF being more open minded must be one of the most ridiculous things I have heard this week.

But the GIFs you have posted look really good! Almost as good as TLOU2!
the crazy thing is i am giving TLOU2 another go and i must say some of the environments are some of the best i have seen in a game bae none, the detail in some of the rooms with things like furniture. pictures, walls etc etc, i even found a ps3 in one of the houses lol.

Also, the animations are so incredibly good, makes a lot of games feel very stiff in comparison.
Some of the close-up fatalities are also very brutal, i hit someone with a hammer and i actually think i smashed his jaw and nose in, crazy how good some of those effects, animations scenes are in motion.

Only about 5 hours in atm

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
You mean like Hellblade 2 being a sequel or Flight Sim or hold up Battletoads 😂 come on Fro be real my man 😂😂
Attacking Sony because they made a sequel what a weird angle. In a Hellblade TWO thread. 2 as in a sequel 🤣

Coalition is rumored to make Gears SIX, Fable is like 5+ games in the same series. But Sony can't make a sequel it's too much. Are they serious?

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Attacking Sony because they made a sequel what a weird angle. In a Hellblade TWO thread. 2 as in a sequel 🤣

Coalition is rumored to make Gears SIX, Fable is like 5+ games in the same series. But Sony can't make a sequel it's too much. Are they serious?
Halo isn't even gd anymore and needs a break at least Sony and devs learn or give shit a break on the Sony side if a game becomes stagnant. See...

Killzone
Resistance (btw this series is better than most shooters by far)
Gravity Rush
Little Big Planet

Etc...

Microsoft portfolio is so weak and mediocre they hold on to the trifecta of Gears, Forza and Halo for dear life.