Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Review & OT "The hardest battles are fought in the mind, not with the sword".

BLAZE

20 Feb 2024
You light up torches for an hour according to Matty's review.
LOL, and I still had to see idiots complaining that GoW Ragnarök had too many cutscenes (the game has a maximum of 4 hours of cutscenes, compared to 40-50 hours of gameplay), one of whom even used a YouTube video as proof that the game had 17 hours of cutscenes

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
If only people had been this kind to The Order... 7+ years of development for 5.5h of gameand simplistic combat? What a comple joke.
I agree.

But the issue here is Hellblade 2 having high scores than it deserves because it on Xbox lol

The Order deserved my 6/10 score.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
I'm remembering this shit like this is today :

8xXpnRJ.jpeg

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
6 hours
boring parts
puzzles and combat like first one
Bad ending.

My question is - why the hell does she still hear voices?! That is a disservice to first game and her overcoming dillions death.
I won't play the game. not giving them 10$ for gamepass if I can watch it on yt for free and skip boring parts.
But 30 is absolutely fine and what it should be to push graphics for these games.

Reactions: Sircaw
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
6 hours
boring parts
Bad ending.

My question is - why the hell does she still hear voices?! That is a disservice to first game and her overcoming dillions death.

I won't play the game. not giving them 10$ for gamepass if I can watch it on yt for free and skip boring parts.
But 30 is absolutely fine and what it should be to push graphics for these games.
💯

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
6 hours
boring parts
Bad ending.

Honestly, just sign up for Game Pass and play this on a weekend you are bored

Entropi

Veteran
Icon Extra
22 Jan 2023
Rebirth’s 3-D Brawler mini game is way more fun that this I think.

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
OK I just finished it. TBH they should have just released this as a launch tech demo for the Series X/S. I beat it in 5 hours and 14 minutes. The is optional content for finding little runes and easter eggs, but the game didn't motivate me at all to want to do them. The ending of the game one of the stupidest I've seen. It's the equivalent of a high school student ending an essay with "In conclusion, the book was a story of contrasts. The end." The graphics are nice and impressive at points - but I was expecting......more based on the extreme marketing of the graphics. The audio is ok with headphones, but it feels like they didn't innovate the audio over the first game. The combat is even more simplistic than part 1. Like I say this with no hyperbole - the Infinity Blade mobile games have more sophisticated combat systems than H2. The puzzles are basically the same from part 1 - that's not a good thing. This is a 6/10 or at best it's a 7/10 for superfans of the series. Lastly, I say this with no glibness intended, but this game is a walking simulator interactive movie.

Can't wait to start my next $1 Gamepass trial in the Fall for the next hyped Xbox release.

Last edited:

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024
Played through the game for about three hours and that was enough for me. According to IGN's walkthrough, seemed like I was at about the halfway point. It's no better than a 7.0/10 with the visuals and audio carrying the game. Story and characters through three hours didn't do it for me plus im not into the whole mental aspects and whatnot. Not for me. Combat and gameplay has no depth or substance. Came across one new puzzle with these orbs that you need to place in a pedestal to open up the locked area in order to advance. What makes that cool is that when you focus on these water bubbles, it turns the interior upside down allowing you to reach the orbs and get back to where you started. There is more combat that I expected in those almost three hours but it's exactly the same as the original game which makes it worse because as a sequel, there should be depth and substance. There isn't any.

For reference, I rated the original game an 8.0/10 because it was unique and innovative at the time plus it was a new IP. However, since then, a similar IP being A Plague Tale Innocence and Requiem simply blow away Hellblade 1 and 2 because it's far longer, has a deeper story, more depth to the combat, actually requires strategy at times and you feel like you're always progressing. I also think Requiem looks far better and the puzzles were better.

I know majority loved Alan Wake 2 but for me, that was one of the most boring games that I have ever played (dropped it when you first control Alan Wake) and while it's not by much (more of a 1A and 1B type thing), Hellblade 2 bored me even more. And it is perhaps the best definition of a walking simulator. With that all said, to each their own.

peter42O

Veteran
12 Jan 2024

That's the sense I got last Fall when reviews came out and I saw the feedback to the game. Majority liked the game, at least more than they'll probably like Hellblade 2.

But maybe im off on that. Either way, both games are fucking boring to me and that's all there is to it. lol

Reactions: KvallyX

saltyashell

11 Feb 2024
For all AW2's faults at least they were trying to do something interesting and new with the game, unlike Hellblade 2. They doubled their team and had the backing of Microsoft and after 7 years this is all we get .

Reactions: Bryank75