Senua's Saga: Hellblade II Review & OT "The hardest battles are fought in the mind, not with the sword".

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
In all seriousness I'm kinda sad how things turned out with this game. Feels like the studio is for sure done and it's all due to MS lack of competency as project managers

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
In all seriousness I'm kinda sad how things turned out with this game. Feels like the studio is for sure done and it's all due to MS lack of competency as project managers
tbh it's just fine. the problem is that it should've been much more.
It's exactly the first game again... maybe even more boring with less personal story.
To me, the first game is like a poem. I even dropped it on easy because gameplay sucked so much in the first game

Last edited:

TubzGaming

Admin | Mod
Moderating
21 Jun 2022
icon-era.com
PSN ID
Tubz_Gaming
photomode-in-hellblade-ii-is-spectecular-v0-rb976llk5s1d1.png
Finding Nemo Dory GIF by Disney

• sad
Reactions: Sircaw

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023

Hellblade 2 Day 1 EU Peak CCU record - 3,982

Some really unfortunate comparisons:
Hellblade CCU record - 5,653
Redfall CCU record - 6,124

Worse opening on Steam than the first one.
The game has certainly sold less on Xbox Series compared to the first on PS4(smaller Userbase/Gamepass).

Looking at these two factors, it seems that the game is trending to sell much less than the first one.
Considering Ninja Theory had 20 employees on the first one but beefed themselves up to 80~ for the second, this game certainly was multiple times more expensive than the first one, so the $20 higher pricetag on the game compared to the first one is NOT going to offset the difference. This is looking grim, especially since we know that Gamepass is not the cushion it was once said to be.

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
How in the hell can you guys describe the game that way and then say it's a 6 or a 7? lol

This is what's wrong with game scoring now. There is no game, no fun. But it's a 7 out of 10? What do you have to do to get a bad score? I said Starfield was a 5, and that felt generous. Based on what I'm seeing here this sounds like a 3.
Well the usual scale for game reviewers...

how-game-reviews-are-seen-nowadays-v0-cr5bha81k0yc1.png

So it makes sense.

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States

Apparently work on the game hasnt even started when the first trailer was revealed and Ninja Theory is a studio made of only 80 employees. Meanwhile the biggest studios have hundreds.

Unreal Engine 5 probably eats lots of resources of development

Well the usual scale for game reviewers...

how-game-reviews-are-seen-nowadays-v0-cr5bha81k0yc1.png

So it makes sense.

A Game's quality is proportional to it's price. It's hard to say a 8.5/10.0 game is good enough when the ultimate edition is $130.

rofif

...owns a 3080...why?
24 Jun 2022
I mean, I want more short, very high quality games like this.
So I don't want this to fail.

The only disappointment here is that it's just hellblade 1 again and we were hoping for more.
But I've seen first 30 minutes and I want to play it now.

edit: Why is her face so weird. The actress tries to much. She looks like a horse

Reactions: The Icon
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Reviews have been rigged for awhile. Im glad people are seeing it more now
OH of course. I hope most know tht. I was specifically talking about all the schill pro Xbox sites being listed in one area. I mean we already know for Starfield they sent codes to only those sites to inflate the initial score.

Last edited:
  • brain
Reactions: Kokoloko
OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Haven't you seen the fanatics say the combat is really fluid? I'm pretty sure they are brain dead.
Fluid as in you only need to press one button over and over again and it fluidly does it all.

OP
OP
Gamernyc78

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
not even that bro. Don't you see the animation skips when the animation is triggered? It's jarring.
I hvnt looked at the videos because I hvnt had interest. I bought first and it was a corridor walker with basic, bs bosses and combat so I hvnt been interested. Damn if thts what it's doing thts crazy

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
This is funny. This idiot is either lying that they didn't know, or just got massively ripped of by Microsoft and is clapping

😂

I hvnt looked at the videos because I hvnt had interest. I bought first and it was a corridor walker with basic, bs bosses and combat so I hvnt been interested. Damn if thts what it's doing thts crazy

Check the video on the tweet Dr bass quoted. It's crazy how terrible that combat looks.

• Shake
Reactions: Gamernyc78