Share your ridiculous conspiracy theories and urban legends here! (No real-world politics, just being silly!)

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The good old "settled science" argument is also used when people argue against brilliant "theories" that say things like men can become women by the power of their mind, then women can so the same in reverse. The change is instant and this is obvious that everyone should take it as truth immediately.

So you wrote a massive strawman above the whole settled science when I simply called out the flat earth? The earth is not flat, that's an unquestionable truth.

People like you convince others to believe that the earth is flat, not the flat earthers.

No, they don't, flat earthers are stupid enough to convince themselves. People like me didn't resurrect the flat earth theory from the past, they did.

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
No, they don't, flat earthers are stupid enough to convince themselves
Many Flat Earth believers end up believing in it by first starting out to disprove it.
Only few posses both an open enough mind and the ability to overcome overwhelming cognitive dissonance to actually realise the level of deception involved, and see the reality that all the globe "science" is actually completely fake. Even less have the humility to admit what they learn.

Your responses and hostile reaction to the mere idea demonstrates you know very very little on the topic and have not done even the tiniest amount of research on it.
You most likely also trust Fact Checkers and the Google search algorithm.

But that's not unexpected. Most people are like this.

Flat Earth is a massive pill to swallow. I first had to understand several things about the world we live in before I could possibly overcome the cognitive dissonance. Some of those being:
- The mainstream media is 100% propaganda, specifically designed to deceive and control the thoughts and opinions of the population for the benefit of those in power.
- Moon landing was 100% fake.
- All major governments of the world are in collision with each other to some degree.
- Fact checkers are specifically designed to deceive and hide truth and/or spread propaganda.
- "Conspiracy Theory" is just a dismissive term that exists to keep people from searching for truth.
- And many other things which are also very hard pills to swallow.

• haha
  • brain
Reactions: Nym and Gediminas

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
No, they don't, flat earthers are stupid enough to convince themselves. People like me didn't resurrect the flat earth theory from the past, they did.
No, this is people like you who feed their ranks. Otherwise nobody would have paid much attention to them.

• noneofmybizz
Reactions: Falcs

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
Anyone that believes in a flat earth is wrong. That's it. It's a futile debate, one that has been settled 2 thousand years

So you wrote a massive strawman above the whole settled science when I simply called out the flat earth? The earth is not flat, that's an unquestionable truth.
Call it a strawman if can't find anything better.

All the arguments that you ever wrote were either kinder garden variety insults or call to authority.

• they're_right_you_know

Falcs

23 Jun 2022

Over 400 suspicious deaths linked to the Clintons.

🤔

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

Over 400 suspicious deaths linked to the Clintons.

🤔
I think these lists just put everyone who died in their social circle and assumes that the Clintons had them killed.

Now, there are cases that are definitely suspicious and if let's say someone like Trump was that suspicious about a death he would already be walking on death row. It's even worse for the number of people who ended their days in strange ways at convenient times.

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
I think these lists just put everyone who died in their social circle and assumes that the Clintons had them kill
This is potentially 400 funerals the Clintons could have been invited to. I know I'm not famous but I've been to maybe 4 my whole life. How many funerals does the average famous person get invited to? I don't know.
But then you throw in that most if not all of them are highly suspicious.

When there's smoke... 🙄

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
No, this is people like you who feed their ranks. Otherwise nobody would have paid much attention to them.

Sure mate, people believe stupid shit is everybody else's fault.
Call it a strawman if can't find anything better.

All the arguments that you ever wrote were either kinder garden variety insults or call to authority.

Yes, it's a strawman. i did not appreciate the merits or demerits of gender studies, and the earth being an oblate spheroid is not even a theory, it's a fact.

Also, nice false generalisation, love to see it. Call me when you want to have an honest discussion about hypothetical issues about the scientific method, or lack thereof. Until then, keep blaming others for the overall stupidity running rampant online, the kind that denies facts, nevermind established theories.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

Yes, it's a strawman. i did not appreciate the merits or demerits of gender studies, and the earth being an oblate spheroid is not even a theory, it's a fact.

Also, nice false generalisation, love to see it. Call me when you want to have an honest discussion about hypothetical issues about the scientific method, or lack thereof. Until then, keep blaming others for the overall stupidity running rampant online, the kind that denies facts, nevermind established theories.
What is a source of this comment? We need investigate..

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022

Well, if you are referring to the settled science, the first time I heard making an argument like that was by some gender studies Uni. Teacher. This is also when I noticed that made no sense.

So, who gets to decide what a strawman argument is? and if it's so weak why can't just defeat it?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Well, if you are referring to the settled science, the first time I heard making an argument like that was by some gender studies Uni. Teacher. This is also when I noticed that made no sense.

So, who gets to decide what a strawman argument is? and if it's so weak why can't just defeat it?

Because I addressed what as being discussed. If you want to talk gender studies, find another person, I'm not educated enough to have a substantiated opinon.

Also:

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Because I addressed what as being discussed. If you want to talk gender studies, find another person, I'm not educated enough to have a substantiated opinon.

Also:
you don't need to know anything just look at the sky. show anything in universe flat. it isn't existing.

i am not even go to the physics and laws. fucking imbeciles.

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
you don't need to know anything just look at the sky. show anything in universe flat. it isn't existing.

i am not even go to the physics and laws. fucking imbeciles.
Are you one of those guys that claims you can see the curvature of the earth from outside an airplane window?

Satoru

Limitless
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Are you one of those guys that claims you can see the curvature of the earth from outside an airplane window?

People that say that are wrong, but at the same time, the earth is still not flat.

Amazing.

• noneofmybizz

Alabtrosmyster

Veteran
26 Jun 2022
You can see the curvature of earth from a plane. It's just not super obvious. You'll need to take a photo and get out a ruler. It's easier with a wide angle camera but not required.

View attachment 1940
From a boat
220px-Curvatura_2.gif

Same effect can be observed with mountains.

Falcs

23 Jun 2022
  • they're_right_you_know
  • haha
Reactions: anonpuffs and Nym