Shawn Layden (Former PlayStation CEO) on Ghost of Yotei protagonist being a female: "Don't like it? Don't buy it"

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The problem with woke efforts is that it was never needed and everything now will be controversial.

Imagine if resident evil 3 nemisis is modern game and released nowadays, we will have woke controversy because the main protagonist is turned into a female and her partner is hispanic guy.

Videogames were always inclusive and diverse. Those DEI woke people are destroying the industry. Videogames never ever needed these DEI fuckers.

Nevertheless, I don't think Ghost is woke. They chose japanese women in Japanese settings. I would take it as natural progress. As long as the game is fantastic, and it will be, I have no problem

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
"Cry more" 🤣...

Hate to break it to ya, we're all on the same forum commenting in the same thread... Get some self awareness
of course you are crying, you ain't attacking an argument or claims, you are crying about the guy and other members.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
I don't think Sucker Punch went woke DEI when they made the decision to tell the story of a new protagonist 5 years ago. Any proof they had to change the gender of Jin because of pressure from Sony? Sounds like FUD to me.

You guys not buying the game have mental issues. Imagine not exploring that beautiful world and experiencing that visceral combat because the protag has a vag 🤡🤡🤡

And that's after spending months hounding Sony Studios for a 1st party announcement. No pills can cure you just die 🤡🤡🤡

ethomaz

Rebolation!
21 Jun 2022
Brasil 🇧🇷
PSN ID
ethomaz
The problem with woke efforts is that it was never needed and everything now will be controversial.

Imagine if resident evil 3 nemisis is modern game and released nowadays, we will have woke controversy because the main protagonist is turned into a female and her partner is hispanic guy.

Videogames were always inclusive and diverse. Those DEI woke people are destroying the industry. Videogames never ever needed these DEI fuckers.

Nevertheless, I don't think Ghost is woke. They chose japanese women in Japanese settings. I would take it as natural progress. As long as the game is fantastic, and it will be, I have no problem
Exactly what people hate to being "woke" today always existed in the past without anybody spreading that hate.
But they don't understand that.

In today "anti-woke" agenda Sucker Punch choose a female protagonist because they gone "woke" and they game is set to die because they hate that.
If it was in well 2000 like you said people should be talking about the game without even care about if Sucker Punch gone woke or the protagonist is female or not.

Nowdays everybody that is not "anti-woke" is called to be woke lol

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
It's an easy skip. Jin Sakai had so much more potential to expand his folklore. This trend with replacing established protagonists with an opposite gender has to stop.
When will we see a Tomb Raider with a male lead? It's never going to happen. This inclusion bs needs to stop.
Replace the male lead with a "better stronger faster" female lead. I kinda get why people are annoyed. Just imagine Horizon, Tomb Raider, Bayonetta, Stellar Blade receive sequels with male leads. The would be a big uproar.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I don't think Sucker Punch went woke DEI when they made the decision to tell the story of a new protagonist 5 years ago. Any proof they had to change the gender of Jin because of pressure from Sony? Sounds like FUD to me.

You guys not buying the game have mental issues. Imagine not exploring that beautiful world and experiencing that visceral combat because the protag has a vag 🤡🤡🤡

And that's after spending months hounding Sony Studios for a 1st party announcement. No pills can cure you just die 🤡🤡🤡
How dare you not conform, is that degenerate tears, I'm seeing dripping from your post 🤪

We'll enjoy this amazing game and watch the idiots fume

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It's an easy skip. Jin Sakai had so much more potential to expand his folklore. This trend with replacing established protagonists with an opposite gender has to stop.
When will we see a Tomb Raider with a male lead? It's never going to happen. This inclusion bs needs to stop.
Replace the male lead with a "better stronger faster" female lead. I kinda get why people are annoyed. Just imagine Horizon, Tomb Raider, Bayonetta, Stellar Blade receive sequels with male leads. The would be a big uproar.
there would be no uproar, never gonna happen. they would kill series than do that.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Eternal_Wings

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Shawn commented on it see OP
I've seen Shawn's tweet, I was being sarcastic as Shawn was commenting on a specific tweet stirring Drama in response to keef.

It's just funny to see how quick people will align with bad faith actors whenever it suits them

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
of course you are crying, you ain't attacking an argument or claims, you are crying about the guy and other members.
Crying by making a post on a forum? How else am I suppose to make my own opinion on a forum? Do you realize how silly you sound?

I made a follow up comment stating my opinion and you ignored that so you can bitch and moan about me shitting on your right wing grifting King... Sorry I stepped on ya toe 🤣

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
I've seen Shawn's tweet, I was being sarcastic as Shawn was commenting on a specific tweet stirring Drama in response to keef.

yes and I was being obtuse because telling people they can't talk about something if they are going to be negative is retarded. I won't be buying the game, AND I'll voice my opinion on discussion platforms if I feel like it

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
yes and I was being obtuse because telling people they can't talk about something if they are going to be negative is retarded. I won't be buying the game, AND I'll voice my opinion on discussion platforms if I feel like it
Okay! So you keep making your posts here and other platforms... I don't care what YOU do!

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Really because I recall you asking people to shut up if they aren't interested
Wow it's almost if I entered a thread and cosigned what Shawn said. Please don't flatter yourself into thinking I was Targeting your opinion in here as I didn't even read it or see it.

I made a General statement

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
Crying by making a post on a forum? How else am I suppose to make my own opinion on a forum? Do you realize how silly you sound?

I made a follow up comment stating my opinion and you ignored that so you can bitch and moan about me shitting on your right wing grifting King... Sorry I stepped on ya toe 🤣
you still crying?
Sad Cry Baby GIF by Aaron Taos

Nym

21 Jun 2022
Wow it's almost if I entered a thread and cosigned what Shawn said. Please don't flatter yourself into thinking I was Targeting your opinion in here as I didn't even read it or see it.

I made a General statement

Yes the general statement was "shut the fuck up if you are going to be negative" lol nah that's retarded

Reactions: Zzero

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
Yes the general statement was "shut the fuck up if you are going to be negative" lol nah that's retarded
And I still think y'all need to shut the fuck up,l and focus on other games you're interested in if you're not gonna buy it... So what now?

Nym

21 Jun 2022
And I still think y'all need to shut the fuck up,l and focus on other games you're interested in if you're not gonna buy it... So what now?

This is why people are making fun of you for crying you are repeatedly asking videogame fans to not give their opinion on a game. You can keep saying it but people will probably keep voicing their opinion you should probably worry less about that

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Gediminas

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
This is why people are making fun of you for crying you are repeatedly asking videogame fans to not give their opinion on a game. You can keep saying it but people will probably keep voicing their opinion you should probably worry less about that
Oh gawd imagine thinking I come a forum and care that people say I'm "crying", what are you 12? 🤣🤣

Okay go on, go moan and throw your tantrum and spread the word you aren't supporting the game... Happy for you.

Some of y'all live a bit tooooooo vicariously through this online bullshit