Sony: Corporate Strategy Meeting 2024.5.23 | Business Segment Meeting

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Good example of gaming flatearthery: claims that "PS haz no gamez" acting as if they wouldn't exist and also mades out a forecast data.

so what PLaystation Studio games have a confirmed release date for 2024?

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
so what PLaystation Studio games have a confirmed release date for 2024?
As far as I remember:
  • The Last of Us Part II Remastered
  • Helldivers II
  • MLB The Show 24
  • Rise of the Ronin
  • Stellar Blade
  • Until Dawn remake
  • Convallaria
  • Lost Soul Aside
  • Concord
The PS/PS2/PSP classics for PS4 + PS5 already released this year (more to be released later as usual):
  • 2Xtreme
  • Cool Boarders
  • G-Police
  • Jak & Daxter: The Lost Frontier
  • Jet Moto 2
  • MediEvil
  • Ore no Shikabane o Koete Yuke (Japan only)
  • Rally Cross
  • Resistance Retribution
And the PC ports:
  • Horizon Forbidden West for PC
  • Ghost of Tsushima for PC
Plus in Bungie:
  • Destiny 2 The Final Shape
Then they have some games as TBA which I assume won't be released in 2024 (Wolverine, Star Wars KOTOR remake, Fairgame$, Marathon, Horizon 3, Horizon Online, Bend's new IP...) plus a record number of games under development, including a few of them that later in the year could be announced for 2024 but I think won't be the case because I don't see them releasing more than a game per month on average.

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
How does Sony expect to sell 20 million Ps5's without any actual games this year?
First party isn't everything.

Nintendo is much more first party reliant compared to PlayStation.

Playstation has been a platform where third party have been able to thrive ever since PSX.

GachaMadeMeBroke

26 Nov 2023
Totally forgot about this. Is this the event where Destin is hoping Sony is gonna make drastic strategic changes like Xbox?

Interesting.

Funnily enough Nick for all his bs leaks, is pretty spot on when it comes to Playstation shows lol So eh, we'll see.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

Playstation has been a platform where third party have been able to thrive ever since PSX.
All the great third party games releasing in the second half of this year like a bunch of Ubisoft games and CoD. Pathetic gen.

Reactions: Box
24 Jun 2022

Interesting.

It's bullshit. Stop listening to him. Stop listening to these attention-seeking insiders. Did you not learn anything from their "hype" over last year's Showcase that turned out to be rather mediocre?

The way media, certain fans, and even certain 3P go about it, you'd think Steam & PC is thriving for them more these days than PlayStation or consoles in general.

If you haven't noticed there's been plenty of talking points pushed over the past few years to drive that home. Using Steam player data metrics for various games (something Sony should copy for PlayStation), the recent shitstorm over the Helldivers 2 PSN account-linking that was driven by Steam user feedback (and SIE publicly capitulating to the backlash over the span of just 48 hours), this recent "info" that Tekken 8's biggest platform is PC.

Then you have other things like various games that come to Steam first via Early Access, sometimes for years, before ever coming to console. No Rest For The Wicked and Hades II are two recent examples of that, Baldur's Gate 3 was a major example of it as well. There's also the fake narrative of consoles dying from certain analysts because they conflate Xbox's sales collapse with PlayStation & being an industry problem when that's just a Microsoft problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Box

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023

Okay, so why buy Third party games on PS5 when i can just get them cheaper on PC, with Mods and free online play?

TigerFang

7 Mar 2024
Okay, so why buy Third party games on PS5 when i can just get them cheaper on PC, with Mods and free online play?
Personally I enjoy a game alot more on Console rather than on PC.

But if you have both machines, sure you can, you have access to exclusives day 1 while also buying on PC if mods are really important to you.

Personally I PS+ premium which is amazing, it also includes online play but I don't play much multiplayer.

Box

May contain Snake
6 Apr 2023
Personally I PS+ premium which is amazing, it also includes online play but I don't play much multiplayer.

The Ps1/psp classic drip feed doesn't justify the service. The ps3 had a MUCH better classic library and ironically better ps2 emulation than the ps4 somehow.

I'm pretty sure we have like 1151 Ps1 games available on ps3,vita and even psp.

I still have no idea why Sony didn't just bring that over