Sony have no plan to release any major (established) franchise titles this year (April 2024- March 2025)

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Why not just use Starcraft as a reference, as RTS games are always better on a PC due to a mouse and keyboard?
I didn't mention UI / UX for a reason. The game is flat out broken, as many afterthought console releases. It's literally a buggy mess. Saying consoles are better is a blanket statement that isn't true anymore.

• brain
Reactions: Nhomnhom

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I didn't mention UI / UX for a reason. The game is flat out broken, as many afterthought console releases. It's literally a buggy mess. Saying consoles are better is a blanket statement that isn't true anymore.
Saying PC gaming is better isn't either. Especially with the very low percentage of ganers as per steam that have capable Rigs tht come close to 4K and stable fps or console gaming in general.

Sloane_Ranger

Icon Extra
3 Jul 2023
PC accessibility has made strides but brooo it's not in the same level.. It's silly and fanboyish to think PC will destroy Playstation and take over console gaming. Come back to reality "hi Timmy look at what we got you for christmas, this Uber dope rig you can tinker with than complain your 14-25 year old ass doesn't know how to fix or set up over and over" We are still far away from tht no matter how you try to move goalpost and spin.
I grew up PC even built one for my son last year (waaay over powerd for what he plays), but I moved to consoles as I just can't stand the constant driver / set-up / upgrade my set-up loop.

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Saying PC are better isn't either.

Of course not, but nowhere did I say PC was better. I just disagree that consoles are better or more stable, because that's too broad of a statement.

If you want the best experience, the most fps, and the highest resolution, then by all means, you need to get a PC; that is not the argument here.

But like digital foundry does with their bullshit clickbait articles of PS5 vs Playstation, it's comparing massive differences in price gaps and then comes to the conclusion of wow, the ps5 is so inferior.

No matter how good PCs are at present, the price gap for PC vs PS5 is unmatched.

Retroactive quote: I agree with the this.

Reactions: Gamernyc78

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
You seem to fail to account how quickly things progresses on the PC side of things. More than 5 years ago you'd sound like a lunatic for thinking you could have a Linux gaming PC, now you can have a very polished experience like the Steam Deck demonstrates (or you can install Linux yourself and use big picture mode).
If you want the best experience, the most fps, and the highest resolution, then by all means, you need to get a PC; that is not the argument here.

But like digital foundry does with their bullshit clickbait articles of PC vs Playstation, it's comparing massive differences in price gaps and then comes to the conclusion of wow, the ps5 is so inferior.

No matter how good PCs are at present, the price gap for PC vs PS5 is unmatched.

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
Of course not, but nowhere did I say PC was better. I just disagree that consoles are better or more stable, because that's too broad of a statement.
I mean steam numbers posted few years ago kind of show a diff picture of pc gaming. I'll look for updated numbers.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

But like digital foundry does with their bullshit clickbait articles of PS5 vs Playstation, it's comparing massive differences in price gaps and then comes to the conclusion of wow, the ps5 is so inferior.

I never said anything about that. Again, on PC you can play at the exact same setting you do on consoles and you can buy a GPU that aligns with that purpose.

I don't own a 4090 and I have no desire to do so. I play my PC games at 1080p and it doesn't bother me, I never used native 4K, ultra settings or anything above 60fps as reasons to play on PC over a console.

PC has a lot going on for it and when you add PlayStation games on top of it it just becomes too one sided, Sony is making a huge mistake.

Sircaw

Pro Flounder
Moderating
20 Jun 2022
I never said anything about that. Again, on PC you can play at the exact same setting you do on consoles and you can buy a GPU that aligns with that purpose.
Yep, but you need to factor it into your decision-making as it is a major reason why people purchase a PlayStation 5.

Find me a new system, please; show me a website where you can build a PC with all the goodies, brand new, that will arrive on your doorstep that can compete with what a PlayStation can give you.

If you are saying the graphics card alone is 200 bucks, you have what 150 bucks left for the entire system.

Remember, the PlayStation 5 is a premium product, not some collection of cheap second-hand parts strung together from ebay.

What will a Decent quality power supply cost you? One that won't blow up your system?

With a good gaming CPU, RAM, SSD, case, mouse, keyboard, and operating system, we march on.

Anyway, enough of this,

If you want a PC, then go and buy one, and be happy with it. (y)

Last edited:

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022

Retroactive quote: I agree with the this.

Has not changed much... Those Uber Rigs that are doing better than console gaming are far and few. Seems most ppl still gaming at 1080p resolution the stats were similar few years ago.

Nym

Did you like my Glasses, Snake?
21 Jun 2022
VyA0R02.png

Reactions: Jim Ryan

Polyh3dron

Veteran
31 Jan 2024
Sony had a PC strategy but somehow failed to allow Media Molecule to capitalize on that, one of the very few games that could've really benefited from it. Dreams more than delivered on what they promised Sony is the one that failed miserably to capitalize on it. Dreams ends up with no PC ports, no PS5 version, no PSVR2. They'll announce they closed the studio down any day now.

Bungie was a shitty toxic studio all along, Sony was asking for a headache and that money could've been used for much better things.
Yup. They dumped all that money into Bungie that could've been used to actually make a game that doesn't already exist, and meanwhile that studio gave a thumbs up or down to the other GAAS games that we will never see while they seem to be having a fair bit of trouble sustaining their own damn GAAS. All those resources could've been put into actual games we could be playing right now. AFAIK Bend has been working on some big GAAS type game which could get cancelled too.

As for blaming PC ports for Sony's diminished output though, that's kind of weird. The resources allocated to them are a drop in the bucket, and they're releasing a lot later than console.

Neversummer

Veteran
27 Jun 2023
You’re high if you think SteamDeck 2 will come close to PS6. It will barley be as powerful as the PS5.
Who cares about power when I can play Xbox games day 1 & PS games day 1 at a decent performance (if they go day n date) why buy a PS6? For time exclusive you can wait for 6 month to a year if there aren’t day n date w PC by the PS6 gen? Or I can just buy a PC where I can play more games from both platforms at better performance & own a Steamdeck 2 w a better ecosystem w more benefits

flaccidsnake

Veteran
2 May 2023
Are they tough? Seems like a pretty big coincidence that things slow to a crawl the moment they start to developing for PC.
These ports cost less than 5M to make compared with 100M+ for a new game. Also they're generally not developed by the original team. It's absolutely a coincidence. Here's another coincidence that might have a little more relevance: all the prestige PS teams dropped a huge game at the end of the PS4 lifecycle.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Saying PC gaming is better isn't either. Especially with the very low percentage of ganers as per steam that have capable Rigs tht come close to 4K and stable fps or console gaming in general.
Saying that free online is better and that PC has a vastly superior library is tho.

Plenty of PC players have PC that are comparable and better than the PS5. The PS5 is good for what it is but these days it is on pair with pretty low-budget GPUs, specially when you account that so many PC player are actually playing these games on 1080p or 1440p montiors.

The era where you could make an argument for games being much better optimized for console is long gone. On PC unless we are talking about a completely botched port there will likely be a way to fix it on console sometimes you get stuck with something completely unacceptable like the PS5 running RDR2 at 30fps despite the hardware itself being able to do much better.

Things got a lot better on PS5 this gen but we also used to get games where devs would just have nonsensical setting like a games that would fluctuate above 30fps without an fps cap.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Nobody is saying that you can’t have constructive criticism. But ya’ll are acting like Yankee fans. Acting spoiled and overreacting just because Sony missed their forecasts by 4M consoles. The 25M number was ridiculous and was never really realistic. Not even The Switch sold that much in a quarter. Ya’ll are also overreacting to their 2025 lineup. We already know that DS2 and Venom are launching next year and there are rumors that Firespirte’s new IP is launching next year.
4m is a lot lol

Reactions: Danja1187

Danja1187

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
4m is a lot lol
Suddenly 25 million was unrealistic but last year when a few of us said 25 million wasn't happening... People on this site called us delusional. "PS5 is selling faster than any other PlayStation ever"

Truth be told if they manage to hit 21 million they will be lucky