Sony have no plan to release any major (established) franchise titles this year (April 2024- March 2025)

xollowsob

Veteran
6 Jan 2024
Trolls will troll. Don't fall for the bait 😂 We should all move to tinkering with PCs and spending $800 plus to get 4K on PC and then fight with the damn thing to get consistent 80fps 😂😂 like most ppl will do. You ain't hear? According to some console gamers are moving to PC 😭😭😭
It's not trolling. Depending on what console gamers you're referring to, the casuals will keep playing Fortnite, FIFA and cod. The new casuals who jumped in during COVID will migrate back to netflix and tiktok and the old school gamers are focusing on pc as a platform.

Although, if console gamers weren't moving to PC in droves, would Sony be chasing the PC crowd? 🤔

historia

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Jun 2023
He left here and just chills back on gaf lol I was wondering what happened to him the other day.
What is over there.

Anyway does the financial reports dropped midnight in my time? It is just early morning here, I just wake up and there is like 400 replies here. I missed all the fun

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Dude it's been several years since most playstation studios have shown ANYTHING at all
AAA games take several years to be made and most of them only had a single team until have been growing receenty.

It's positive to don't show their games years before release because at least by doing so you guys don't whine because of "downgrades" because they weren't able to guess how a game do be relesed several years in the future was going to look like.

Its better than not announcing anything at all, and spending 5+ years with no game to show at all.
Sony announced (and released) a ton of games in the last 5 years. And well, nowadays AAA games take around 5 to 9 years to be made.

Last edited:

SLB1904

Actually born in 1904!
22 Jun 2022
Its better than not announcing anything at all, and spending 5+ years with no game to show at all.
Well I agree with you. But when I said that i was a "chill. That games should release after 6 months or some bullshit"

Reactions: xollowsob

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
A RX 7600 costs like $200 bro.

There is no law that forces you to play games at max settings or native 4K. You can run them on the same configurations as consoles.

Pretty much any CPU will beat what the consoles have as well and online is free and games are usually cheaper. Using money as the reason to buy consoles makes no sense since you pay more in the long run.

If you want to have a console like experience you boot it on big picture mode, there you go.
I do not get how games are cheaper? You get discounts constantly on the PS store. Not to mention, to assemble a PC on par with PS5, you need to spend way more money, than on a new console (even if you buy used parts, which is always very risky when it comes to hardware). You also lack choice between physical and digital gaming and do not actually own your games. Online is free, yes, that is an advantage. And mods.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I do not get how games are cheaper? You get discounts constantly on the PS store. Not to mention, to assemble a PC on par with PS5, you need to spend way more money, than on a new console (even if you buy used parts, which is always very risky when it comes to hardware). You also lack choice between physical and digital gaming and do not actually own your games. Online is free, yes, that is an advantage. And mods.
Games are much cheaper on PC because of regional pricing and more aggressive promos. As you said free online is a big one. You also don't need to spend way more building a PC (you most likely will want to but you don't need to), I can build a PC that will run all PlayStation 5 games for less than what a PlayStation 5 would cost me. These days you GPU is pretty much all that matter if you want to run games on similar settings to PS5 and if you want to save money you can simply play them at 1080p instead of attempting to render at 1440p or 4K.

Baldur's Gate for me is 33% more expensive on PSN than on Steam for example, neither place has a promo going on right now.

Helldivers 2? Same price, because Sony is probably against regional prices.

Reactions: nongkris

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023
What do they expect with no big first parties, besides Insomniac wtf are these studios even doing?

It's mainly 2 things:
1. The push for GAAS is obviously not working.
2. They staffed themselves up with useless new hires that are more interested in DEI than doing any work. Look at Naughty Dog, even Druckman said that they are focused on reducing crunch and other quality of life things rather than producing games.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box and xollowsob

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
I would love for people to buy Crusader Kings 3 on PC, then on PS or Xbox, and come back with an opinion.

Newsflash: On consoles not only you have a shittier experience, but the games are outright broken. On PC, smooth sailing unless you're loading the game with mods (like I do) and even then it's pretty much a-ok.
Yeah, certain games are better and more dominant and present on PC. Strategies, simulators, city builders etc. but mostly more niche stuff.

Reactions: Darth Vader

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Games are much cheaper on PC because of regional pricing and more aggressive promos. As you said free online is a big one. You also don't need to spend way more building a PC (you most likely will want to but you don't need to), I can build a PC that will run all PlayStation 5 games for less than what a PlayStation 5 would cost me. These days you GPU is pretty much all that matter if you want to run games on similar settings to PS5 and if you want to save money you can simply play them at 1080p instead of attempting to render at 1440p or 4K.

Baldur's Gate for me is 33% more expensive on PSN than on Steam for example, neither place has a promo going on right now.

I noticed you say "run". On par with PS5 performance and graphics?

Uh Huh Sure GIF

Gamernyc78

MuscleMod
Moderating
28 Jun 2022
I noticed you say "run". On par with PS5 performance and graphics?

Uh Huh Sure GIF
Thts the mythical PC tht doesn't need an SSD, disc drive, cooling, keyboard, mouse, body, etc all it needs is a GPU shit it doesn't even need a worthy cpu. These PC dudes kill me with this blatant nonsense and disingenous takes like ppl are oblivious lol

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023

Helldivers 2? Same price, because Sony is probably against regional prices.

Huh? I just did a quick check, and the cheapest RTX 4060 just by itself is a bit over 320 EUR, and they only have 8 GB in RAM. The one with 16 GB in RAM costs 500 EUR. How do you even get to that conclusion?

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
Thts the mythical PC tht doesn't need an SSD, disc drive, cooling, keyboard, mouse, body, etc all it needs is a GPU shit it doesn't even need a worthy cpu. These PC dudes kill me with this blatant nonsense and disingenous takes like ppl are oblivious lol
I agree with him when he says something, that we ( who more or less follow gaming closely) know is true. I also said that PC has advantages over consoles ( certain genres are much more present and playable, free online, mods), I agree with his opinion that the 1st party pipeline is bad ATM, that is simple fact. Then he goes out and says stuff like this. Play on a calculator for all I care, just do not twist facts.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
Huh? I just did a quick check, and the cheapest RTX 4060 just by itself is a bit over 320 EUR, and they only have 8 GB in RAM. The one with 16 GB in RAM costs 500 EUR. How do you even get to that conclusion?
You are clearly ignorant of PC hardware if you think you need 16GB of VRAM to run games at PS5 settings.

In the US for about $600 you can built a PC that will perform about as well as a PS5. It's probably about as cheap as you would want to go and you'd likely better off spending a little more but it is possible.

Here is Brazil it's about the same as well. Why does everyone assume the PC needs to be better than the PS5 anyway? It's up to you what you want to build and there is a huge price range.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
This puppy will run GOW Ragnarok, no issues it has RTX 4090.

Computer Pc GIF by Squirrel Monkey

• haha
Reactions: Gamernyc78

ForzaJuve

23 Oct 2023
You are clearly ignorant of PC hardware if you think you need 16GB of VRAM to run games at PS5 settings.

In the US for about $600 you can built a PC that will perform about as well as a PS5. It's probably about as cheap as you would want to go and you'd likely better off spending a little more but it is possible.

Here is Brazil it's about the same as well. Why does everyone assume the PC needs to be better than the PS5 anyway? It's up to you what you want to build and there is a huge price range.

The PS5 is 500 EUR, I've shown you what an RTX 4060 costs. Prove your claim that you can build a PC that is just as good as a PS5 for cheaper. You can't skip buying a windows license nor any of the parts needed to build a computer.

Nomen_Nescio

11 Aug 2023
The PS5 is 500 EUR, I've shown you what an RTX 4060 costs. Prove your claim that you can build a PC that is just as good as a PS5 for cheaper. You can't skip buying a windows license nor any of the parts needed to build a computer.
AFAIK you can get windows keys for very cheap, and you do not even need one to be activated for your PC to run ( speaking from experience, I never bought the licence). But, yeah the GPU alone is more money than a PS5 ( maybe not if you buy used and even then it is not much cheaper than a brand new PS5).