Sony have no plan to release any major (established) franchise titles this year (April 2024- March 2025)

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
The only “main” studio im aware of doing a GAAS is Naughty Dog, so why haven’t the other studios released games? Bend, Suckerpunch, Team Asobi, Bluepoint, etc?
Bend is working on a multiplayer game, or a game with a multiplayer component
Suckerpunch is doing the same

It's like people have been calling us "doomers" and have paid no attention.

Team Asobi and Bluepoint are not their A game studios.

This whole thing just kind of shows that a lot of people in these kind of spaces have no clue what they’re talking about. Jim Ryan’s plan of getting sustainable income through GAAS is the smartest way to go about increasing profitability without doing nothing severe to harm the studios like layoffs or porting games to other platforms, or filling single player games like MTX like ubisoft does.

Nobody said they can't do GaaS. GT7 is GaaS, for example. But it is a problem if you have ALL YOUR STUDIOS doing it, especially considering live service games require insane amounts of investment. Look at why Naughty Dog cancelled TLOU Online if you need further proof: They would become a live service studio and that's it, no more Single Player games. Instead of factions 2 with microtransactions, Jimmy had them transition to a full blown game, and that backfired.

If Sony had listened to people on here and bought a publisher like square enix their profit margins would look even worse. They’d be in the same exact situation Microsoft is in right now
They failed their financial projections, they failed their console sales projections, they have no tentpole franchise games in over a year, and they have no single player games this year.

Seems like they followed what you're advocating for and fucked up.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Sony is asleep at the wheel, the lack of game announcements is a major red flag we are in year 4 already, where are the big games? Why can't they even announce them.

Death Stranding 2 should've been a 2024 game.

Doomers were 100% proven correct.

Reactions: Box

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
I read it as no games from the Studios. If they release anything its fine. Concord or any other new ip
I think we're getting new IP. I'm personally waiting to see what they announce later this year.

The knee-jerk reactions here just get so old and it's the same few people every time.

Last edited:

Darth Vader

I find your lack of faith disturbing
Founder
20 Jun 2022
Is that what happens when you have most of your studios work on GaaS for years and then cancel those projects?

Problem is, it'll take a few years to sort this mess out.

There's nothing to sort out, Playstation as we know it is done. I've been beating this drum: The moment the previous pipeline of games dried up and Jimbo's work started showing, they have no more games. Even Helldivers 2 was approved before him.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I think we're getting new IP. I'm personally wsiting to see what they announce later this year.

The knee-jerk reactions here just get so old and it's the same few people every time.
What are these knee jerk reactions? Because all I see are people stating their vindicated opinions that you all called doom and gloom last summer.

There's still plenty of Xbox threads on the front page if y'all want to still have some sorta victory lap.

People are allowed to be honest about what is presented to them from the results and words of the CEO.

Reactions: Box and nongkris

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Insomniac had a cancelled/shelved spider man gaas, ND had a cancelled TLOU online, Deviation same stuff. Guerilla has been working on a Horizon multiplayer for a while now with leaked screenshots showing a fortnite looking abomination.

Insomniac is releasing multiple games, deviation is not a playsation studio, and guerilla just released a game in 2022.

You don’t know how that game will do you’ve only seen leaked stuff from 2020 and i bet if i had asked you 6 months ago if helldivers 2 would do well you’d say the same thing.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Bend is working on a multiplayer game, or a game with a multiplayer component
Suckerpunch is doing the same

That doesn’t mean those are multiplayer projects. Tsushima also had multiplayer expansion with Legends they are most likely going to do Legends 2.

Having multiplayer elements can be any minor thing like Returnal had. Even elden ring and BG3 had multiplayer, but i wouldn’t say those are multiplayer games

AshHunter216

Banned
8 Jan 2023
What are these knee jerk reactions? Because all I see are people stating their vindicated opinions that you all called doom and gloom last summer.

There's still plenty of Xbox threads on the front page if y'all want to still have some sorta victory lap.

People are allowed to be honest about what is presented to them from the results and words of the CEO.
There's literally "Playstation Is dead" bullshit all over this thread, including a comment directly above yours. People are allowed to disagree with that assessment without being insulted, lmao.

Evilnemesis8

Veteran
19 Dec 2023
Guerilla has been working on a Horizon multiplayer for a while now with leaked screenshots showing a fortnite looking abomination.

I'll be honest, considering the amount of money Fornite makes, I don't think it's quite a bad thing in a vacuum.
Still, the game actually has to be good and on that front, we have no idea.

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
There's literally "Playstation Is dead" bullshit all over this thread, including a comment directly above yours. People are allowed to disagree with that assessment without being insulted, lmao.
Where were you insulted?

Reactions: nongkris

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
There's nothing to sort out, Playstation as we know it is done. I've been beating this drum: The moment the previous pipeline of games dried up and Jimbo's work started showing, they have no more games. Even Helldivers 2 was approved before him.
Wtf were Jim Ryan and Hulst doing? All we got from them was a huge push for PC ports, failed pivot to GaaS and a massive draught of announcements.

To make it worse they gave fans the silence treatment and had terrible communication all along.

BigBoss

23 Jun 2023
At least 2025 should be it for big releases. GTA6, marathon, death stranding 2 and possibly 3-4 first party studio games.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Don't worry, spin doctors are already saying that missing sales targets by 4M is ok, and this is not a problem.

Same as xbots, only dressed in blue.

If they do release those ports this year, I'll just get an RTX 4070 or above and fully commit to PC, no need for a PS5.
please dont buy a 4070. minimum 4070 ti super. but more likely a 6800 xt or 7900 xt. you will not like only having 12gb vram in 3 years.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
if we’re being honest 2024 is a quiet year for the entire industry. Ubisoft just announced their next assassins creed game is releasing next year, EA have nothing huge, Capcom don’t have anything until next year, Square enix just have Rebirth, Fromsoft only have the DLC, etc. etc.

Only nintendo seems like they could land with a big impact if their launch line up is good, and thats not really garunteed either

This just isn’t going to be a major AAA slugfest like last year was