Sony have no plan to release any major (established) franchise titles this year (April 2024- March 2025)

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
It’s crazy. Sometimes I really ask myself is this really a pro PS site.
It is a pro-PS site, you can't be pro-PS if you become delusional like the bots. You can recognize that they had a record-breaking quarter and it -still- fell short of expectations by a massive amount. Like, they went from standing firm on a forecast of 25m for the FY in one quarter to reducing it by 16% the next quarter. That's an absolute cratering; they went from catching up to the PS4 launch aligned to falling behind even further by more than a million units.

Don't be like the microsoft idiots who take any positive sounding news and spin it like all is right with the world. There's a variety of factors that led to this and you'd be foolish to think that even though Sony is on top right now, it couldn't take a tumble in the blink of an eye. Look how fast things turned from PS2 to PS3.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
This is a perfect comparison. PS5 sold so well for so long because they were riding off of the goodwill from the PS4 generation of games.

No one could've have predicted that Jim and Hermen would completely grind to a halt the productive first party output that had been working so well for over a decade.

The effects of the pc ports and cancelled GAAS were always going to take years to show the effect. And trust me 2024 is just the start of the decline. If the PS5 Pro isn't announced with a slate of first party exclusives then I fear for the future of the brand.
It was such an unbelievable outcome that for years people thought Sony was hiding their games and shortening the window between announcement and release. In reality they just didn't have the games and still don't.

All while allowing a struggling Xbox to steal their partners, Metaphor: ReFantazio for example would've naturally been a PlayStation exclusive in the past and would help fill in this massive hole.

Sony deserves that the PS5 ends up selling less than the PS4 despite being a much better console, they have not done their homework and failed to compensate for games taking longer to make despite having ample time and resources to do so.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadow2027

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
Sony is asleep at the wheel, the lack of game announcements is a major red flag we are in year 4 already, where are the big games? Why can't they even announce them.

Death Stranding 2 should've been a 2024 game.

Doomers were 100% proven correct.
And what would you say if DS would have been a buggy mess. You need to give games time. Kojima started working on it during a pandemic.

Reactions: Kokoloko

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
It’s crazy how you spreading all,of this doom and gloom News. But for Xbox, the other day you were saying everything is A okay. Lol
It's crazy how you wanna lie and be bold face with it because everything I said from last year was correct about the trajectory of PlayStation.

If you realize I don't even participate in 90% of Xbox threads on this site as I don't give a shit about it. I come here to discuss things about gaming I'm interested in. Not to obsess about Xbox like majority of the so called "pro PlayStation fans" here.

And all I said about them in THAT thread was ... That sales have crated but they aren't dead and I don't expect them to ever abandon hardware as it still serves a purpose for them.

Trying to paint me as an Xbox champion and PlayStation doomer is hilarious tho, you suck at it too.

Reactions: nongkris

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This indicates new IP and a year driven by partnerships.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
And what would you say if DS would have been a buggy mess. You need to give games time. Kojima started working on it during a pandemic.
You guys needs to stop with the pandemic excuses, how could a lockdown that lasted a little over a year at most in a place like the US have cause a multi year drought and only affected games that were set to release in 2023 and beyond? Makes no sense.

Just face reality, PlayStation studios went from being some of the most productive studios in the industry to some of the least productive ones, going as far a 5+ years after their last release without even being able to announce a new game.

Bend, Asobi Team, Media Molecule, Bluepoint, London Studio, where are these studios?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Like I said a million times. Most gamers and people here have no idea how to run a business. They wouldn’t even know how to run a mom and pop shop.
Most studios and platforms don’t know how to run it either.

Nintendo almost died multiple times. Sega did. Valve just pumps away making money off everyone else on there store with no real competition. PS3 almost fucked Sony. Vita and PSVR were badly organised too.
Look at Microsoft ( such experts on running business ) Look at all the studios that have to shut down or make shit games thinking they know better.

Gamers are allowed to give their opinion, because the professionals aren't exactly the best at doing their jobs either alot of the time.

PS fans said Xbox is fucking up by putting there games on PC (remember the comments like Ill buy on PC now ), PS fans said Xbox is fucking up with Gamepass, the “business experts said differently” look at how much revenue MS makes lol.

I dont buy into the notion that the “business experts” know much more than us gamers. At least we know games.
I work in testing and have said hey, look at this bug and this will take more time. Good studio says nah it will be fine. Behold…. Complaints about bugs

Last edited:

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
You guys needs to stop with the pandemic excuses, how could a lockdown that lasted a little over a year at most in a place like the US have cause a multi year drought and only affected games that were set to release in 2023 and beyond? Makes no sense.

Just face reality, PlayStation studios went from being some of the most productive studios in the industry to some of the least productive ones, going as far a 5+ years after their last release without even being able to announce a new game.

Bend, Asobi Team, Media Molecule, Bluepoint, London Studio, where are these studios?
Asobi should definitely have something by now, for a Platformer game. 4-5 years is too long

Reactions: Nhomnhom

shrike0fth0rns

Veteran
9 Dec 2022
gn1.PNG

Something most people have been saying for a while now. The Jim Ryan and Hermen Hulst effect is starting to show it's impact. Hardware sales have also been revised down. I've been saying since last year Rise of the ronin and stellar blade
are not console sellers

🙄 25 million was always aiming incredibly high, economic uncertain in many parts of the world is slowing sales. Games being delayed because your pipeline was slowed for two yrs by Covid isn’t the Jim Ryan and Herman effect it falls into the category of shit happens. U want to blame them slowing sales so they are to blame for selling the highest amount of ps consoles on a single year?

Kokoloko

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
While I agree, games shouldnt be a mess and I appreciate how someone like Kojima makes clean games.
Other games should take 4 years, its bad management to have Bluepoint helping GOWR. They made Demons Souls remake in 2 years

Reactions: Nhomnhom

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Asobi should definitely have something by now, for a Platformer game. 4-5 years is too long
For as good as Astro's Playroom was it was also pretty small. Since they haven't even announced a game it very unlikely that their next game will release before 2025.

🙄 25 million was always aiming incredibly high, economic uncertain in many parts of the world is slowing sales. Games being delayed because your pipeline was slowed for two yrs by Covid isn’t the Jim Ryan and Herman effect it falls into the category of shit happens. U want to blame them slowing sales so they are to blame for selling the highest amount of ps consoles on a single year?
Stop it, people would still buy PS5s if it had the games and hype behind it no matter the economic situation of the world. We could be in a major recession in 2025 but regardless of anything GTA6 will still move console like never before.

Sony took the wind out of their own sales by porting their games to PC and losing their focus, thinking that PS4 momentum would last forever.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
The only “main” studio im aware of doing a GAAS is Naughty Dog, so why haven’t the other studios released games? Bend, Suckerpunch, Team Asobi, Bluepoint, etc?

This whole thing just kind of shows that a lot of people in these kind of spaces have no clue what they’re talking about. Jim Ryan’s plan of getting sustainable income through GAAS is the smartest way to go about increasing profitability without doing anything severe to harm the studios like layoffs or porting games to other platforms, or filling single player games like MTX like ubisoft does.

If Sony had listened to people on here and bought a publisher like square enix their profit margins would look even worse. They’d be in the same exact situation Microsoft is in right now
But even worse is they spent nearly 4 bil on Bungie which is absolute garbage. Still no products from them and with a headcount of 1400, such a high cost to maintain. Would have been better to get Square who actually makes games. At this point they should have had bungie making several projects with multiple teams and or take a solid number of them out to pasture

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
But even worse is they spent nearly 4 bil on Bungie which is absolute garbage. Still no products from them and with a headcount of 1400, such a high cost to maintain. Would have been better to get Square who actually makes games. At this point they should have had bungie making several projects with multiple teams and or take a solid number of them out to pasture
Shutting down so many studio like Evolution, Guerrilla Cambridge and Japan Studios over the year were also a major mistakes. PlayStation grew massively during the PS4 days but their investment in the platform didn't. They also gave up on many successful partnership during that time, the one with Quantic Dream alone had produced 3 AAA games over the years.

Bungie adds nothing for PlayStation players since it was already a multiplataform dev and will continue to be so.

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Im still in awe that media molecule even exist. 10 years on dream that made nothing, no new game in sight. Also where are all these newer studios. Bungie has 1400 people and still havent released anything. Heck they should have several teams for like 5 different projects with that headcount. Guess they are too busy tweeting about pronouns and other important matters. They’ve have decimated Sony profitability

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Vertigo

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Im still in awe that media molecule even exist. 10 years on dream that made nothing, no new game in sight. Also where are all these newer studios. Bungie has 1400 people and still havent released anything. Heck they should have several teams for like 5 different projects with that headcount. Guess they are too busy tweeting about pronouns and other important matters. They’ve have decimated Sony profitability
Sony had a PC strategy but somehow failed to allow Media Molecule to capitalize on that, one of the very few games that could've really benefited from it. Dreams more than delivered on what they promised Sony is the one that failed miserably to capitalize on it. Dreams ends up with no PC ports, no PS5 version, no PSVR2. They'll announce they closed the studio down any day now.

Bungie was a shitty toxic studio all along, Sony was asking for a headache and that money could've been used for much better things.