Sony have no plan to release any major (established) franchise titles this year (April 2024- March 2025)

Johnic

Veteran
24 Mar 2023
Outer Heaven

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
I wonder if they'll port Spider-man 2 before even releasing the next big PlayStation game. It seems like PC always wins and I can't wait to see the day Sony is forced to compete directly with a device that has all Sony games because Sony gave them away for peanuts.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: JAHGamer

Shadow2027

15 Dec 2023
Sony had a PC strategy but somehow failed to allow Media Molecule to capitalize on that, one of the very few games that could've really benefited from it. Dreams more than delivered on what they promised Sony is the one that failed miserably to capitalize on it. Dreams ends up with no PC ports, no PS5 version, no PSVR2. They'll announce they closed the studio down any day now.

Bungie was a shitty toxic studio all along, Sony was asking for a headache and that money could've been used for much better things.
Yeah still can’t believe the 1 serious $ amount acquisition was on them. Toxic and again 1 project that had long since past its time to earn from.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
Yeah still can’t believe the 1 serious $ amount acquisition was on them. Toxic and again 1 project that had long since past its time to earn from.
And if the rumors were right imagine being a Naughty Dog employee having to listen to Bungie douchebags criticizing and shutting down your multi year project.

Frustrated World Cup GIF

Reactions: Shadow2027

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
PlayStation built their brand and won 3 (soon 4) generations off the backs of third parties. This will not change.

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
PlayStation built their brand and won 3 (soon 4) generations off the backs of third parties. This will not change.
Yea it won't change, their Korean and Chinese partners will save them. :ROFLMAO:

They only have Square Enix left at this point and even they seem like they could jump ship at any moment now.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Vertigo

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
didnt everyone want new IPs? whats the issue
Oh, so you think your are going to get something? How naive, you aren't going to get much aside from a port of the Until Dawn remake for PC.

You still think Sony is hiding their games from the FTC? What is even the narrative these days to explain them not showing new games?

Petekilla

Veteran
16 Jun 2023
It is a pro-PS site, you can't be pro-PS if you become delusional like the bots. You can recognize that they had a record-breaking quarter and it -still- fell short of expectations by a massive amount. Like, they went from standing firm on a forecast of 25m for the FY in one quarter to reducing it by 16% the next quarter. That's an absolute cratering; they went from catching up to the PS4 launch aligned to falling behind even further by more than a million units.

Don't be like the microsoft idiots who take any positive sounding news and spin it like all is right with the world. There's a variety of factors that led to this and you'd be foolish to think that even though Sony is on top right now, it couldn't take a tumble in the blink of an eye. Look how fast things turned from PS2 to PS3.
When a platform deserves criticism it should get it. We’re not Xbots who we were making fun of for lack of games. Now we are getting 1 PS studio game per year….
Nobody is saying that you can’t have constructive criticism. But ya’ll are acting like Yankee fans. Acting spoiled and overreacting just because Sony missed their forecasts by 4M consoles. The 25M number was ridiculous and was never really realistic. Not even The Switch sold that much in a quarter. Ya’ll are also overreacting to their 2025 lineup. We already know that DS2 and Venom are launching next year and there are rumors that Firespirte’s new IP is launching next year.

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
Oh, so you think your are going to get something? How naive, you aren't going to get much aside from a port of the Until Dawn remake for PC.

You still think Sony is hiding their games from the FTC? What is even the narrative these days to explain them not showing new games?

if we dont get anything I will be critical af of them. I blame it on this Sony CEO guy

but I would be satisfied with Concord and the Team Asobi game if thats the autumn schedule if we are getting something big next year

Nhomnhom

Banned
25 Mar 2023
if we dont get anything I will be critical af of them. I blame it on this Sony CEO guy

but I would be satisfied with Concord and the Team Asobi game if thats the autumn schedule if we are getting something big next year
You are unlikely to get any of that and since Concord hasn't even show a single second of gameplay that game is very likely getting delayed.

How can you even anticipate Concord release if you don't know what it is?

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
This fucking clown. No wonder gaming journalism is shit.

You heard it guys. Sony is not only not making any new games but they’re out of ideas too.

Please ignore the successful launches of both Helldivers and Granblue .

/s

Reactions: Johnic

Dabaus

Veteran
28 Jun 2022
Forget a square enix acquisition. Sounds like SIE would be lucky if they could afford arrowhead at this point. Also sounds like closures and layoffs are on the horizon (no pun intended)

• thinking_hard
Reactions: AshHunter216

Luffy123

Veteran
16 Jul 2023
You are unlikely to get any of that and since Concord hasn't even show a single second of gameplay that game is very likely getting delayed.

How can you even anticipate Concord release if you don't know what it is?

doubt its been delayed unless they want to release it alongside GTA 6 Lmaooo

obviously depends if these games are good or not. I haven't had any reason to doubt SIE in their game quality so far. If it's shit I won't buy it and will complain bout why they bought dogshit. Haven't seen anything either way to tell me otherwise though