Sony Interactive Entertainment announced today to acquire Audeze, a leading audio technology brand and pioneer of high-end gaming headphones

nongkris

Veteran
14 Feb 2023
Sony spending millions marketing headphones and new tv shows with no new first party games for 2024 should worry every Sony first party fan, not make you wanna run away from the truth. I've not seen anything from any of the studios I care about this generation, and the last shred of hope came in a showcase so horrible it's better to forget it happen.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
Sony spending millions marketing headphones and new tv shows with no new first party games for 2024 should worry every Sony first party fan, not make you wanna run away from the truth. I've not seen anything from any of the studios I care about this generation, and the last shred of hope came in a showcase so horrible it's better to forget it happen.

Sleep Yawn GIF

FatKaz

Veteran
16 Jul 2022
Every thread is becoming insufferable. Constant moronic takes on why Playstation is doomed. Each moron trying to be more retarded than the last, a feat I would think impossible and yet somehow it seems to be constantly achieved.
I just sigh now. Becoming tiresome to engage.

And your right it's becoming nearly every thread now. Sony could announce they are coming out with a new TV.

"AHHhhhhh JIM RYAN AHHHHH"

24 Jun 2022

I wouldn't say it's to the point where nothing shown from 1P interests me; Wolverine should be interesting, though it could run the risk of being too similar to the Spiderman games, too. Helldivers 2 looks like it could be fun. I'm curious about Marathon, even if that's a multiplat and Day 1 on PC.

But aside from that, we know of virtually nothing that isn't a live-service/GaaS title besides Wolverine, from the in-house 1P teams, that's been officially revealed. In that regard, it's pretty sad and I'm more intrigued with Microsoft's potential offerings as such. And yes, I know MS bought their way to a lot of that...but at the end of the day it's theirs now. Too bad for them I don't need an Xbox whatsoever to play any of their games, I can just get them on PC. Or, get them through PC Game Pass.

Sony's slate, OTOH, looks like it's going to be like 10% 1P/90% 3P (timed exclusive, timed console exclusive) games as far as non-GaaS is concerned, at least for next year and probably 2025, and that's kind of depressing to think about. Seeing the 1P output reduce from all the cool stuff they were doing 1P-wise both with AAA and AA games during the last years of the PS3 generation, to what it is now, it's just a bit depressing to notice that drop in the number and variety of 1P games.

Some of that is due to escalating costs of AAA game development and games getting more complex, but Sony didn't have to effectively neuter their AA output, either. They could've kept it intact.

Remember_Spinal

Ah, my back!
23 Jun 2022
I wouldn't say it's to the point where nothing shown from 1P interests me; Wolverine should be interesting, though it could run the risk of being too similar to the Spiderman games, too. Helldivers 2 looks like it could be fun. I'm curious about Marathon, even if that's a multiplat and Day 1 on PC.

But aside from that, we know of virtually nothing that isn't a live-service/GaaS title besides Wolverine, from the in-house 1P teams, that's been officially revealed. In that regard, it's pretty sad and I'm more intrigued with Microsoft's potential offerings as such. And yes, I know MS bought their way to a lot of that...but at the end of the day it's theirs now. Too bad for them I don't need an Xbox whatsoever to play any of their games, I can just get them on PC. Or, get them through PC Game Pass.

Sony's slate, OTOH, looks like it's going to be like 10% 1P/90% 3P (timed exclusive, timed console exclusive) games as far as non-GaaS is concerned, at least for next year and probably 2025, and that's kind of depressing to think about. Seeing the 1P output reduce from all the cool stuff they were doing 1P-wise both with AAA and AA games during the last years of the PS3 generation, to what it is now, it's just a bit depressing to notice that drop in the number and variety of 1P games.

Some of that is due to escalating costs of AAA game development and games getting more complex, but Sony didn't have to effectively neuter their AA output, either. They could've kept it intact.

I feel like im being mindhacked reading these post.

The majority of sonys big studios haven’t even revealed their next games yet

Housemarque
Naughty Dog
Santa Monica
Bluepoint
Sucker Punch
Guerrilla
Bend
Team Asobi
Media Molecule
etc.

The only difference right now between sony and microsoft is Microsoft blew their load early and now their fanboys are posting the same graphic of games for 6 years.

Imagine Nintendo fans melting down because nintendo have only announced a princess peach game for next year

• fire
Reactions: Hezekiah

Hezekiah

Veteran
23 Jul 2022
If that's how you wanna interpret it then that's fine. You keep holding that high moral ground while everything gets gobbled around Playstation...
How else would one interpret it...you were whining then about acquisitions, and you're whining now.

Not so much holding the moral high ground as not acting like a big baby.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
How else would one interpret it...you were whining then about acquisitions, and you're whining now.

Not so much holding the moral high ground as not acting like a big baby.
And if you wanna call it whining then that's a personal problem of yours as well.

I just find it funny how if people were cheerleading for everything Sony is doing many of you on this forum would apparently be happy? Is that what you want?

I still support Playstation. I also still think leadership is Shit, not reactive enough and bit arrogant towards their base... Good day!

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
I feel like im being mindhacked reading these post.

The majority of sonys big studios haven’t even revealed their next games yet

Housemarque
Naughty Dog
Santa Monica
Bluepoint
Sucker Punch
Guerrilla
Bend
Team Asobi
Media Molecule
etc.

The only difference right now between sony and microsoft is Microsoft blew their load early and now their fanboys are posting the same graphic of games for 6 years.

Imagine Nintendo fans melting down because nintendo have only announced a princess peach game for next year

We have a pretty good idea what these studios are working on actually.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
And if you wanna call it whining then that's a personal problem of yours as well.

I just find it funny how if people were cheerleading for everything Sony is doing many of you on this forum would apparently be happy? Is that what you want?

I still support Playstation. I also still think leadership is Shit, not reactive enough and bit arrogant towards their base... Good day!
The constant doomposting is tiresome. We get it, not every thread has to be about how shitty Sony is at communicating with the fanbase.

Danja1187

Veteran
10 Mar 2023
The constant doomposting is tiresome. We get it, not every thread has to be about how shitty Sony is at communicating with the fanbase.
They are to be blamed for people being disgruntled with them. I agree sometimes things are a bit over the top. But also at a time when Xbox is biting away at studios and IP's and attempting to infiltrate pubs with strong PS ties.... To watch a passive Sony is pretty annoying at times.

It doesn't kill to communicate better or simply hire a community manager. Why do developers have to be the ones on the front lines taking lashings for their failure to get ahead of stuff?

Their May showcase is what broke the dam... Again their fault.

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
Icon Extra
21 Jun 2022
Apparently the Pulse Elite is based on this Maxwell headset from Audeze. It was probably cheaper to buy the company and own all the patents instead of paying them to do it.

They are saying it's the best sound ever. Good news for PS fans! Jim Ryan is a real G 😁

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
They are to be blamed for people being disgruntled with them. I agree sometimes things are a bit over the top. But also at a time when Xbox is biting away at studios and IP's and attempting to infiltrate pubs with strong PS ties.... To watch a passive Sony is pretty annoying at times.

It doesn't kill to communicate better or simply hire a community manager. Why do developers have to be the ones on the front lines taking lashings for their failure to get ahead of stuff?

Their May showcase is what broke the dam... Again their fault.
I think you're mistaking my point. It's perfectly fine to be unhappy with that, I am as well. Just keep it to the relevant threads, now we have people pulling their hair out in every thread, even ones about acquisitions that might form the basis of some tech that might be integrated into the ps6, or PSVR3.

• Shake
Reactions: Danja1187

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Apparently the Pulse Elite is based on this Maxwell headset from Audeze. It was probably cheaper to buy the company and own all the patents instead of paying them to do it.

They are saying it's the best sound ever. Good news for PS fans! Jim Ryan is a real G 😁

It's half the price too. That's why I'm pretty blown away by the Sony headsets being released. $150 is an absolute steal

• fire
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

Eggman

12 Apr 2023
What are these comments? Sony likely did not break the bank to acquire them and its possible they worked together on their new headset announced yesterday. They may also be licensing tech which they will no longer have to do if they own them.

Its a win for both companies involved and will lead to better headsets. You can settle down with the doom nonsense

Last edited:

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022
You forgot that Sony also makes cameras and even a car.
I'm sorry, what? I wasn't making a random list, but one of depreciated/abandonned game-related things. I didn't understand a comment about microwaves earlier on, so I'm guessing you're being tounge-in-cheek. Sometimes I don't catch-on with my autism... anyway...

Gaikai and Online were integrated into PS Now, which is now inside PS+. They didn't kill it. PS1/2 Classics are in the PS4/PS5 PSN store and PS+, and the ones they also had in PS3/PSP/Vita if you bought there and now are also available in PS4/PS5 you can be download them for free and play them. They didn't kill them, but it's true that in each new generation/platform didn't start with the full previous catalog and that when instead of just emulation they made enhaced versions with extra trophies didn't made the new ones free.
They need to fix this shit fast. PS3 server blades included, and sort that BC out. I find it disgraceful that they nerfed PSNow's reach, and haven't moved prior PS3 digital purchases of PS1/2 games over to the new PStore or PS+ Streaming. Point of information, I dont think anyone ever asked for spruced-up game graphics with trophies and save states, they just want the PS3 digital purchases they've already made to have access to them again. Or for more games to be put up on PStore/PS+ in general. Why only RE1 PS1 Director's Cut version, with clown farts in the basement. Why not original version too? Why not RE2/3 or the DC series, which used to be available on PS3 digital?

Share Play, Remote Play, Cross play/Save/buy are still there, didn't kill them. PS Now still streams to multiple devices, they only discontinued some old unused ones. Are also known to be working on bringing them to modern phones.
Any numbers to say it was unused? Or did it just get cut-away and swept under the rug when the PStore got changed, I believe for PS5 era? Either way, that functionality should be ressurected. GP only needs an app, not an XB to run. It'll be coming in Samsung TV's built-in, and it'd be easy enough to dl GP app from android store if a TV uses GoogleTV (which even Sony's do the last time I checked). Sony should be throwing PS+ streaming into all their TVs, and get a PC app and an android app realised. ESPECIALLY if the dumbass Portal has no PS+ streaming capabilities. PS focusing on 'xcloud' feature of streaming from the PStore rather than dl or buy a game; but they've not even got the service pentration to GP/prior PSNow levels of ubiquity.

What failed 3P relationship? Which Supermassive Games title isn't available on PlayStation? Their most recent title is a PSVR2 exclusive. Also, pretty likely if they decided to work with Ballistic Moon is because that studio has key talent who left Supermassive.
Ballistic/SMG might be a bad/overly-generalized example. I'm saying the company had grand visions under people before Korderas/Ryan, and things got cutback/discontinued, and now they're digging around in the dirt for scraps. Cloud aspirations for penetration, 3P relationships souring and losing former exclusive devs, suceeding the portable market to Switch when they could have salvaged Vita, and now looking at Deck and company and thinking that PS Portal is in any way an adequete device as a response. It's not.

In the last 10 years Sony has been more successful than ever, excluding the Vita flop. This is the reason of why they don't make a portable, because they saw there isn't a market for a high end portable that requires dedicated expensive games, and that they can't support it for games. In fact according to you they aren't able to properly support PS5.
Half-baked VitaTV, Xperia Streaming Fan, Portal products.
Dead PSTV service.
Depreciated PSNow device reach.
More Focus on non-gaming areas of Sony - Im sorry, who's bringing in the money, Sony?

People talk about treating PS fans as ATM Machines, but Sony are too bitch baby scared to do a Vita 3.5 (or PS4 Portable). I dont expect it to be a cheap and nasty product. Im paying to turn my PS library portable. I think it would be especially prudent for Sony (losing sales and mtx percentage to Valve when someone chooses PC/Deck) to get this device done and out there before Switch 2 comes along, Deck gets another spec upgrade, 50M other portable pc's of varying abilities come out. Sony should be like 'Forget all those pretenders, we got the real shit'. But no, instead their device looks cheap and nasty with it's controller bolted to a screen, and it is extremely feature lacking. Don't tell me what they're doing again with Portal, I'm saying it's the wrong thing to do. Im saying it's the Destruction AllStars of companion devices. It'll get laughed out the building for being so shite, and maybe just maybe we'll see a PS4P like we are going-to a new Twisted Metal game, but I'm more sure a naff Portal reception will only serve to scare them off a Portable even more. It is just another in the long line of half-baked products shat out and abandonned.

It would be great, and also being all of them free. And to have Margot Robbie as girlfriend. But isn't realistic.

Xperia Play was a failure and they almost have no active mobile games right now. It doesn't make to try it again. They are working on building a stronger Sony Mobile infrastructure, whenever in the futre they may have a good enough lineup in mobile, and apparently their own mobile store too plus PS+ cloud gaming on mobile then it will make sense to release their own PlayStation phone. Not now.
You say that like it's my fault or something. They had a PS mobile division. They had PS minis for wrapping phone games in a PS emulation layer. They currently have various mobile devs dotted around the movie/music/anime arms of Sony.

They're not gonna wrap up all console games into an android wrapper, and code-in new touch controls. The internet infastructure isn't reliable enough by and large, for streaming/remote play only. They need to attack the issue from a PS native side, and refactor PS4 into a portable machine, with local storage for when wifi/data is out. Fuck man, if I had to I'd take an Xperia phone with buttons all around the edges for PS, even if I had to throw it into seperate ''phone mode'' and ''PS4'' modes. You're Sony ffs, DO SOMETHING GOOD!

I loved PSVita but it was a failure, almost nobody would make new games for it. To release it again with all buttons and PS5 remote play wouldn't help because there wouldn't be games to use these buttons, they should have been included in the original one. Companies try to make profitable business, so won't insist on failures but instead prefer to focus on where they think is going to be a good business.
... What? The Vita would need those buttons from a PS pad so that when you click the little ''remote play PS4'' or ''remote play PS5'' apps, the games on those systems have the buttons available to them that they expect to have. Did I misunderstand what you were trying to say here?

If you want PS5 remote play, all buttons and a beter ergonomy there's PS Portal for you. They have been very successful making PS5 accesories and made this one for that.

As of now PS4 portable with compatible hardware that wouldn't need ports isn't realistic tech wise, or at least not with decent size, battery size and costs.
PS Portal is not a looker. Lets pretend that even if it works from across the globe somehow and could be taken far from home, there's no sense of style or anything to the device. It looks like the kind of thing I'd try to knock up myself if I was trying to DIY a PS4P. Would people play that on the bus (if they even could?). But hell, we dont even seem to have the option to, in terms of PS+ streaming. It's literally another half-product.

They already have two, they are called PS4 and PS5.
Their games aren;t exclusive to PS ecosystem: see Steam/Deck.

It's a Sony thread, which means will end full of flatearther fake concern and lies/dumb takes claiming that everything Sony does is a failure, that their bosses are incompentent, that PS haz no gamez, that they have bad marketing etc.
Sure Jan. We just flat earthers and concern trolls. Better than being bootlickers and dickriders though.

ksdixon

Dixon Cider Ltd.
Icon Extra
22 Jun 2022

Fair play, that actually makes sense. Stepping back from the rooftop momentarily.

It's just a bit of a kick in the balls to be like ''game spending go down'', or have people rationalize it's ok it's due to the ABK case or whatever, then Sony turn around and go ''no you, we can still spend money outside of gaming, you'll buy our headset anyway, fuck you''.