Concord - 62

PC
Horizon Forbidden West PC - 89
Ghost of Tsushima PC - 89

They still have
Lego Horizon Adventure
God of War Ragnarok PC
Until Dawn

So far that's 4 titles that are 89 or higher and 7 titles that are 80 or higher. Find me another publisher this consistent. They have 1 game out of 9 so far this year under a 75.

This was supposed to be a dry or bad year for them remember? Calling them the most prolific publisher is an understatement. I'd love to hear anyone in the business with HALF of this.

You would think PC gamers would love them because their PC games aside from a bad port from Iron Galaxy get a lot of love and attention from Nixxes and Jetpack Interactive. Most companies don't give a shit about the quality of their PC ports... Sony's are pretty consistently high quality.

Edit: Totally forgot to add Final Shape which is an 89.
Yep, in addition to TFS there's also:
MLB The Show 24: 80/82

They are also supposed to release this year Convallaria and Lost Soul Aside, but I think they might be delayed to next year.

But yes, they release a lot of games. Which get very well reviewed/awarded, and with Ubisoft are the big publisher who invests more in new IP. And broke their sales records with games released in 3 of the 4 most recent years.

It's totally flatearthical and dumb to say they don't have games.

If you go to the Steam Best Selling games (and some are currently on sale) in the top 20 games you see

Ghost of Tsushima
TLOU P1
Helldivers 2

And within the top 40

God of War
Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered
Pre-orders for God of War Ragnarok

People think these games don't sell because they don't sell millions within the first months, but the reality is looking at most PC games, their inflated numbers come from when they've been on sale for months and years.

When TLOU P2 releases on PC, TLOU P1 sales will pop. When Season 2 comes out on HBO both games will pop and they'll probably have some sort of double pack.
There's currently a PlayStation Publisher sale happening on Steam with some games up to 75% off 🤔
Here you have a ranking of the game publishers on Steam with the reviews (proportional to sales) of all their games combined.

You can merge their positive and negatives, and also the different publishing labels of each corporation (like PlayStation Publishing LLC and Bungie for Sony, or Rockstar, 2K or Private Division for Take 2, the ones from MS, etc.) and you'll see Sony is one of the top seller publishers in Steam history

I did the merges and right now Sony is the top 9 publisher in Steam history despite having way less Steam games than the main publishers:

image.png

They may have some publishers more to add (stuff like Aniplex or the Sony Pictures guys who did some VR stuff in case of Sony), but these are the main ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bo_Hazem
OP
OP
mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Yep, in addition to TFS there's also:
MLB The Show 24: 80/82

They are also supposed to release this year Convallaria and Lost Soul Aside, but I think they might be delayed to next year.

But yes, they release a lot of games. Which get very well reviewed/awarded, and with Ubisoft are the big publisher who invests more in new IP. And broke their sales records with games released in 3 of the 4 most recent years.

It's totally flatearthical and dumb to say they don't have games.

Here you have a ranking of the game publishers on Steam with the reviews (proportional to sales) of all their games combined.

You can merge their positive and negatives, and also the different publishing labels of each corporation (like PlayStation Publishing LLC and Bungie for Sony, or Rockstar, 2K or Private Division for Take 2, the ones from MS, etc.) and you'll see Sony is one of the top seller publishers in Steam history.

slow down

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Phil said exactly this about Hifi Rush and the studio got shutdown and the IP sold 🤡

How did that work for Hellblade 2? How many consoles it sold? That strategy already failed.

The sequels are also getting ported so what you're saying makes no sense (Horizon FW and Ragnarok). The people getting a PS5 after playing on PC are so small they are cancelled by the people not getting a PS5 at all.

HFW sold less than Horizon and the CCU was also less than the first. Where are these supposed new customers?

CEOs are wrong all the time. WTF is this reverence?
Be concerned then, and watch as you are proven wrong again and again.

• thinking_hard
Reactions: Gods&Monsters

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
How was it sarcasm? Do you wanted to say, there is too little of xbox shills?

In the span of 5 days the OP made not one, not two but three threads excusing Sony for... well for everything that comes up, really. Two of those threads were created in the span of a hour and a half, blatantly for damage control and setting up the local narrative.

I haven't owned a single Xbox console in my life but have the PS2, (EDIT: forgot one PSP and one PSP Go), PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5 and thousands of euros invested in playstation games and accessories. Anyone can look at my post history prior to September 10 and see how positive I generally am about Playstation and Sony, but it's easy to guess how OP decided to brand me the moment I wrote something negative about one Playstation console.

Between this and the guy who made thread after thread protesting against IGN and everyone else who showed any hint of criticism towards the PS5 Pro and some even saying the US Department of Justice should get involved, my opinion is that yes: there's a bit of too much shilling in IconEra.
Just not in Xbox's favor.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
In the span of 5 days the OP made not one, not two but three threads excusing Sony for... well for everything that comes up, really. Two of those threads were created in the span of a hour and a half, blatantly for damage control and setting up the local narrative.

I haven't owned a single Xbox console in my life but have the PS2, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5 and thousands of euros invested in playstation games and accessories. Anyone can look at my post history prior to September 10 and see how positive I generally am about Playstation and Sony, but it's easy to guess how OP decided to brand me the moment I wrote something negative about one Playstation console.

Between this and the guy who made thread after thread protesting against IGN and everyone else who showed any hint of criticism towards the PS5 Pro and some even saying the US Department of Justice should get involved, my opinion is that yes: there's a bit of too much shilling in IconEra.

Cry more

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022

I haven't owned a single Xbox console in my life but have the PS2, PS4, PS4 Pro, PS5 and thousands of euros invested in playstation games and accessories. Anyone can look at my post history prior to September 10 and see how positive I generally am about Playstation and Sony, but it's easy to guess how OP decided to brand me the moment I wrote something negative about one Playstation console.

Yeah I thought blatant shilling wasn't tolerated

Reactions: ToTTenTranz

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

how is m$ buying media in any shape or form Playstation's fault or that the guy is shilling for Playstation when it is not about Playstation at all???

i thought the threads was about xbox and IGN, apparently, we were mistaken, it is all about Playstation shilling setting narratives. okey..

how is it actually a PS5 Pro critic from any of those sites? most of them were created with Fallacious arguments, with 0 logic and rational.
filled with arbitrary standards applied just for Playstation.
you can clearly see, those articles are more like hit pieces then actual genuine thoughts(
oh, look, 700$ is expensive, buy this PC for 1200$. it is actually not even good argument at all, even if we could call it argument at all.
etc etc.). and who is in this market well known with recorded history of funding that?

Reactions: Bo_Hazem

Gods&Monsters

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Be concerned then, and watch as you are proven wrong again and again.
How am I proven wrong when HFW sold less? The sales should have exploded after being on the mighty PC and yet it went down.

Everybody played the first Hellblade on Switch, PC, PS and Xbox. The sequel was exclusive to Xbox and it did nothing at all. That's the exact scenario you're dreaming for PS. It failed.

You were already proven wrong multiple times 🤷

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
How am I proven wrong when HFW sold less? The sales should have exploded after being on the mighty PC and yet it went down.

Everybody played the first Hellblade on Switch, PC, PS and Xbox. The sequel was exclusive to Xbox and it did nothing at all. That's the exact scenario you're dreaming for PS. It failed.

Pity really for HFW, game is superior on almost all fronts then HZD.

OP
OP
mibu no ookami

mibu no ookami

Veteran
21 Feb 2024
Pity really for HFW, game is superior on almost all fronts then HZD.

I got a free copy of HFW on PS+ but I never played it. I didn't love the first game's story and I don't really like Aloy.

The game does have some of the best melee and ranged combat and visuals though. I'll probably play it on PS5 Pro.

ToTTenTranz

Veteran
Icon Extra
4 Aug 2023
how is m$ buying media in any shape or form Playstation's fault or that the guy is shilling for Playstation when it is not about Playstation at all???

Is Microsoft buying media though? All we have to go from that is one quote from the HeisenbergFX guy who I remember well from posting fake specs for the PS5 on Neogaf before it released.

Besides, does Microsoft really need to buy media to shit on Playstation right now? Step outside IconEra for one minute and you'll see pretty much everyone but Dorito Pope shitting on the PS5 Pro pretty hard.
It sure doesn't look like Microsoft did anything worse to Sony than Sony did to themselves.

you can clearly see, those articles are more like hit pieces then actual genuine thoughts(
oh, look, 700$ is expensive, buy this PC for 1200$. it is actually not even good argument at all, even if we could call it argument at all.
etc etc.). and who is in this market well known with recorded history of funding that?

I disagree with the PC comparisons being hit pieces lacking genuine thoughts.

The value proposition for the home console has always been that you get exclusive games, pay a lot less for the hardware and it's easier to set up, but then make up for it in increased software costs throughout the years.

The moment Sony decides to end the subsidized / low-margins hardware model, starts releasing their games on PC and a better performing gaming PC gets closer to the console in cost, plus UX solutions like Steam Big Picture exist, it's time to start questioning if the value for using consoles is still there.

Sure, most pre-built PCs are crap and building a DIY PC isn't something everyone is keen of doing, but that issue is one Valve's move away from being a problem an issue at all.

This question would have been posed equally if Microsoft decided to release a 800€ digital-only console or a 920€ console with disc drive. Actually it would have gained even more traction because Microsoft's 1st parties release on PC day-one and both platforms get the same gamepass subscription service.

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Systemshock2023

Ezekiel

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

Apples to oranges really.

HFW was on PS+. That's where I played it. I bought the DLC, Burning Shores though.

Hellblade had to be a good game for people to care, and it wasn't exclusive to exbox.

anonpuffs

Veteran
Icon Extra
29 Nov 2022
Is Microsoft buying media though? All we have to go from that is one quote from the HeisenbergFX guy who I remember well from posting fake specs for the PS5 on Neogaf before it released.

Besides, does Microsoft really need to buy media to shit on Playstation right now? Step outside IconEra for one minute and you'll see pretty much everyone but Dorito Pope shitting on the PS5 Pro pretty hard.
It sure doesn't look like Microsoft did anything worse to Sony than Sony did to themselves.

I disagree with the PC comparisons being hit pieces lacking genuine thoughts.

The value proposition for the home console has always been that you get exclusive games, pay a lot less for the hardware and it's easier to set up, but then make up for it in increased software costs throughout the years.

The moment Sony decides to end the subsidized / low-margins hardware model, starts releasing their games on PC and a better performing gaming PC gets closer to the console in cost, plus UX solutions like Steam Big Picture exist, it's time to start questioning if the value for using consoles is still there.

Sure, most pre-built PCs are crap and building a DIY PC isn't something everyone is keen of doing, but that issue is one Valve's move away from being a problem an issue at all.

This question would have been posed equally if Microsoft decided to release a 800€ digital-only console or a 920€ console with disc drive. Actually it would have gained even more traction because Microsoft's 1st parties release on PC day-one and both platforms get the same gamepass subscription service.
what fake specs did he post?

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
It's been a while so I don't remember exactly, but it was something like him and another dude called Blackosiris listing completely wrong TFLOPs numbers and CU counts.
BlackOsiris was just a clown, fake insider, full of shit.

actually Heisenbergfx04 who gave right TF numbers, as he said his contact said that PS5 is weaker than xbox and is around 10TF, while others said that PS5 is 14TF etc.