Sony, no PC day and date til April 2027

John Elden Ring

The Thread Maker
Content Creator
5 Jul 2022
United States
Honestly, i dont see anything here that excludes PC Day One Releases. If anything they will start releasing ports earlier.

The only reason why Microsoft has Day One releases is because they also own Windows

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Nhomnhom and Box

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Few years. Helldivers 2 day and date,

I've mentioned SP games, yes. HD2 Is a GAAS game

TLoU Pt 1 a few months,

TLOU 1 is an IP from 2013

Until Dawn Remake apparently day and date,

IP from 2015

Concord day and date,

Concord is a GAAS game

Death Stranding one year (likely even less for the sequel),

SP games AT LEAST a year later, as it has been said. And also, Death Stranding on PC wasn't published by Sony.

even R&C and Returnal some of the few PS5 only games ever releases didn't take long to get a PC ports.

Rift Apart and Returnal PC version released 2 years after PS5 version,

"Never going to happen! Sony wouldn't do it to me!"

Make-Up Meme GIF by Justin

You are really fucking stretching.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
I've mentioned SP games, yes. HD2 Is a GAAS game

TLOU 1 is an IP from 2013

IP from 2015

Concord is a GAAS game

SP games AT LEAST a year later, as it has been said. And also, Death Stranding on PC wasn't published by Sony.

Rift Apart and Returnal PC version released 2 years after PS5 version,

You are really fucking stretching.
Ok the age of the IP is what matters... there are hardly any new IPs and even a new IP like Returnal was on PC right after even when that game started development before the PC ports pivot was completely implemented.

I again ask, the question, if Sony release a single player game (that isn't a remake) what are you going to do? I need that in writing.

We even have a situation where Wolverine was playable on PC years before being released on PS5. :ROFLMAO:

• they're_right_you_know
Reactions: Box

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
I won't and refuse to die on the hill of being outraged about Until Dawn remake getting a day and date release on PC, I never cared for the shitty scam of a game when it originally released in 2015. These types of games are popular among the pedos in the purple place and should give normal people the ick. I personally hope if they make a sequel the console users are spared from the Hellblade copy and they just launch it for PC

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
Honestly, i dont see anything here that excludes PC Day One Releases. If anything they will start releasing ports earlier.

The only reason why Microsoft has Day One releases is because they also own Windows

You think?

Stop giving the PCMR fanatics like Box hope.

FROM Live stream Q/A

Q: Do you consider the cannibalizing of console if you focus more on PC?

(Hideaki) A:

We can use PC as a way to grow our network numbers (refrences Ghost of Tushima Legends) & rather than looking at it as cannibalism, the customers might look into buying a PS5.

(Herman) A:

Our strategy remains to launch Live Service games simultaneously on PC & PS5, otherwise know as Day & Date.

for our Tentpole narrative driven single player games they will only launch on PS5. This might also lead to PC players buying the console to play a sequel of a game they had played on PC.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

They don't announce anything in advance. When they announced TLoU Pt1 as a PC/PS5 game they didn't sent a press release beforehand.

When the time comes for a day one single player release they'll just do it and act as if it were business as usual and then brag about sales and lack of cannibalization to the press and shareholders later.

I won't and refuse to die on the hill of being outraged about Until Dawn remake getting a day and date release on PC, I never cared for the shitty scam of a game when it originally released in 2015. These types of games are popular among the pedos in the purple place and should give normal people the ick. I personally hope if they make a sequel the console users are spared from the Hellblade copy and they just launch it for PC
Wow, hating on the game just because it is a day one on PC release. Great attitude, I hope you keep it up for all the upcoming day and date PC releases.

Plextorage

Veteran
26 Feb 2023
Ok the age of the IP is what matters... there are hardly any new IPs and even a new IP like Returnal was on PC right after even when that game started development before the PC ports pivot was completely implemented.

I again ask, the question, if Sony release a single player game (that isn't a remake) what are you going to do? I need that in writing.

We even have a situation where Wolverine was playable on PC years before being released on PS5. :ROFLMAO:

You are really arguing in bad faith. And using a Wolverine as an example is really pathetic.

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023
We can use PC as a way to grow our network numbers (refrences Ghost of Tushima Legends) & rather than looking at it as cannibalism, the customers might look into buying a PS5.
2024 and people are still falling for false narratives from 2019.

You are really arguing in bad faith. And using a Wolverine as an example is really pathetic.
It proves that games are being developed in parallel to work on PC to the point that they had a playable segment already working on PC. These aren't ports anymore, they won't hold back games just so you guys aren't offended, they'll release them as soon as possible because money has more valuable now than in the future, they don't need two different market campaigns, etc.

Even in the event that their plans were to delay these games, they would change plans as soon as they get desperate for more money in a quarter and then it would become the new standard.

I was right all along, even before their first game released on PC, these things only move in one direction. Windows will just keep getting shorter and shorter until they pull the switch on day one releases.

Reactions: Box

Thirty7ven

30 Dec 2023
You think?

Stop giving the PCMR fanatics like Box hope.

FROM Live stream Q/A

Q: Do you consider the cannibalizing of console if you focus more on PC?

(Hideaki) A:

(Herman) A:

Our strategy remains to launch Live Service games simultaneously on PC & PS5, otherwise know as Day & Date.

for our Tentpole narrative driven single player games they will only launch on PS5. This might also lead to PC players buying the console to play a sequel of a game they had played on PC.

He’s saying the same thing he said before. As far as their single player games they look at PC as a re launch that doubles as marketing for the brand and respective IP.

Muddasar

Veteran
22 Jun 2022
He’s saying the same thing he said before. As far as their single player games they look at PC as a re launch that doubles as marketing for the brand and respective IP.

Yep as we have said all along.

Yet we keep hearing this nonsense about Day and Date coming for single player games too.

JAHGamer

Veteran
8 May 2023
  • haha
Reactions: Umar and Say1nMan

Nhomnhom

Veteran
25 Mar 2023

When even Jez gets it but PlayStation servile fans don't.

Idiots also thought Sony would be doing day 1 releases on PS plus.

Plenty of idiots thought they would not start porting their exclusives to PC...

None of these Sony executives are there for the long term, the temptation for day one PC release is too strong now that we aren't even talking about ports anymore.

It's just like movie studios and how much of a hard time so many of them have when it comes to being able to resists the temptation to not release their movies on Streaming/VOD right after they are released on theaters to make money as soon as possible.

• haha
Reactions: Puff and anonpuffs