Sony now own 14.1% of From Software (May be buying more)

RE4-Station

Resident Evil Guru
Content Creator
28 Jun 2022
He needs to do more than 14.1% for an apology from me.... but this is more the right track.
Jim Ryan Defense Force unite
National Power Rangers Day GIF by Power Rangers

I just need to find 5 other people to join me

kyliethicc

Knack Ambassador
21 Jun 2022
Does this mean that Kadokawa is worth $1.8 billion right now?
Sony did invest in Kadokawa again! New exclusive FromSoftware are no longer a dream!

No.

Sony and Tencent bought ~ 14/16% each of FromSoft, not Kadokawa. Kadokawa now owns ~ 70% of FromSoft.

And FromSoft is being valued at roughly 720 million USD.

FromSoft is privately owned and thus their value is up to them/others to negotiate.

While Kadokawa is publicly traded and has a market cap of roughly 3 billion USD. (Sony owns about 2% of Kadokawa.)

Last edited:

Eternal_Wings

Dein Nomos
24 Jun 2022
I don't think this is Jim Ryan's effort. The real hero here is Lin Tao.
She is one in charge getting all the acquisitions done in West and Japan.
Jim Ryan needs still to be replaced imo.

Reactions: Umar and Kokoloko

Heisenberg007

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
No.

Sony and Tencent bought ~ 14/16% each of FromSoft, not Kadokawa. Kadokawa now owns ~ 70% of FromSoft.

And FromSoft is being valued at roughly 720 million USD.

FromSoft is privately owned and thus their value is up to them/others to negotiate.

While Kadokawa is publicly traded and has a market cap of roughly 3 billion USD. (Sony owns about 2% of Kadokawa.)
Oh okay, got it. Thanks for the correction! 👍

alphachino

24 Aug 2022
Wish Sony would just go and buy Kadokawa, Capcom, Squeenix and have a real IP war with MS. The fireworks would be intense AF.

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
MS: Buys Minecraft, Bethesda, Ninja Theory, Obsidian, Activision and more in the future

Sony: Square can you shrink down so we can have rumours for a year of purchasing you and we’ll also buy 14% of Fromsoftware……

Sony should Spend your freaking money before all the best publishers and studios are bought

Kokoloko

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
Wish Sony would just go and buy Kadokawa, Capcom, Squeenix and have a real IP war with MS. The fireworks would be intense AF.

Sony is like a cheap dude who asks for discounts at the flee market. Thats what it looks like if they are working on buying Square
He needs to do more than 14.1% for an apology from me.... but this is more the right track.

Yep, need a publisher or 2 bought. Or actually FromSoft. I mean, its worth 1-3 billion? Come on Sony, spend that bank before all the good studios and IP’s have bene bought out

• fire
Reactions: Bryank75