Sony - Quarter 3 Financial Results 2022

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Wait, they lost another 2 million PS+ subscribers, despite the revamp ?

Jeese ..
PS+ generated them this quarter 122,201 millions of yens of revenue vs 102,501 millions the same quarter of the previous year (+19.22% up YoY).

This is a gaming history record of the biggest amount of revenue that any console maker ever generated in a quarter from a game subscription.

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
the comments are indeed kinda crazy, looks like the public is revolting against MS.

MS is playing a risky game here. i've never seen this level of hatred and public outcry. The xbox is truly a toxic brand that is hated by gamers.

It's not looking good for Xbox's future in this business...
And in early December, people were calling me crazy for saying that…

KiryuRealty

Cambridge Dictionary High Priest of Grammar
28 Nov 2022
Where it’s at.
PS+ generated them this quarter 122,201 millions of yens of revenue vs 102,501 millions the same quarter of the previous year (+19.22% up YoY).

This is a gaming history record of the biggest amount of revenue that any console maker ever generated in a quarter from a game subscription.
Xbox shills don’t understand the concept of profit, let alone sustainability.

D

Deleted member 417

there hasn't even been a real, full bethesda exclusive release on xbox yet.

it'll be interesting to see the reaction to starfield, the new doom, wolfenstein, and all the other bigger stuff.

most casuals and normies probably don't even realize MS owns these games now.
The sad thing is, gamers miss out because of the Zenimax purchase because if those games were multiplat, they would all be getting VR releases or modes, available on PSVR2, Quest etc. Now there's little to no chance of a VR mode and zero chance of seeing them on PSVR2.

I hope Sony mention this to the FTC when arguing about how competition is good for the consumer.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022
The sad thing is, gamers miss out because of the Zenimax purchase because if those games were multiplat, they would all be getting VR releases or modes, available on PSVR2, Quest etc. Now there's little to no chance of a VR mode and zero chance of seeing them on PSVR2.

I hope Sony mention this to the FTC when arguing about how competition is good for the consumer.
Skyrim got PSVR mode.

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022

To be fair, Microsoft has been introducing Zenimax stuff in PS Plus during the recent months, plus also releasing in PS the dlcs and updates of their existing titles, didn't drop the two timed exclusives they had with Sony and also released some game like the Quake remaster on PS.

As I remember Hi-Fi Rush is the first console exclusive Zenimax stuff they released as Microsoft.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 417

To be fair, Microsoft has been introducing Zenimax stuff in PS Plus during the recent months
The games from zenimax will come to PlayStation, I've no doubt. I just wonder if we will see VR versions of Microsoft games

Yurinka

Veteran
VIP
21 Jun 2022
Old games, most of which have even been on Plus before, sure.
Yes, like almost all PS Plus games. But Microsoft could have decided to don't put them (in some cases again) in PS Plus, and they decided to put them there to get some extra cash.

Reactions: Old Gamer