Sony reportedly very confident with Jade Raymon's Fairgame$

quest4441

Veteran
27 Feb 2024
This game is poisoned fruit for the hardcore PS players, Now it remains to be seen if they alienate the so called "chuds" and gooners because if they do this then we have another bomb on our hands boys. I have 0 confidence as Jade Raymond has not made a good game in 15+ years and brings ubislop values to game design.

MiyazakiLovesKojima

LOL! I have my issues with PlayStation and the decisions they have made under the Ryan / Hulst era. I just don't feel like coming here daily moaning about the same shit and dragging down every game.

So I dunno why you're telling telling about what others see and think, not a concern of mine.
We are literally in the Ryan/Hulst Era & if we continue any further down this horrific & utterly despicable era of PlayStation then say goodbye to the brand thay you once loved.

You have NO idea what PlayStation means to me on a personal level in terms of its impact on my gaming journey.

I cannot ever tolerate the mediocrity of the PlayStation 5 Era.

arvfab

Oldest Guard
23 Jun 2022
PS fans starting a smear campaign for another exclusive for no reason, but Sony somehow needs to quell doubts? Lmao

Okay!

I don't know in case of this one if it's deserved or not, I simply don't care enough for this kind of games, but if not for PS fans, who else has the right to "cry" about PS games and the decisions PS is taking?

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
We are literally in the Ryan/Hulst Era & if we continue any further down this horrific & utterly despicable era of PlayStation then say goodbye to the brand thay you once loved.

You have NO idea what PlayStation means to me on a personal level in terms of its impact on my gaming journey.

I cannot ever tolerate the mediocrity of the PlayStation 5 Era.
Thank you for stating the obvious. Jim is outta the Picture and Hermen is still here... HENCE I mentioned Jim since his decisions are still haunting us. I was one for the first ones on this forum to even call out Hulst incompetence long before many finally woke up. Your little blankets statements here are nothing new? I've voiced these concerns well over a year ago and continue to do so when necessary lol. However, I don't come here to only focus on the negatives of the brand, since there are still things they do that I love and enjoy.

As for not knowing what PlayStation means to you? Okay? 😂

I don't know you? So why would I know or even care? What PlayStation means to you.

We are all fans of the brand and that's all there is it to as members of this forum.

• Cerny
Reactions: MiyazakiLovesKojima

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Thank you for stating the obvious. Jim is outta the Picture and Hermen is still here... HENCE I mentioned Jim since his decisions are still haunting us. I was one for the first ones on this forum to even call out Hulst incompetence long before many finally woke up. Your little blankets statements here are nothing new? I've voiced these concerns well over a year ago and continue to do so when necessary lol. However, I don't come here to only focus on the negatives of the brand, since there are still things they do that I love and enjoy.

As for not knowing what PlayStation means to you? Okay? 😂

I don't know you? So why would I know or even care? What PlayStation means to you.

We are all fans of the brand and that's all there is it to it as members of this forum.
Jim would be proud to see such a loyal comrade like yourself!!!

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023
I don't know in case of this one if it's deserved or not, I simply don't care enough for this kind of games, but if not for PS fans, who else has the right to "cry" about PS games and the decisions PS is taking?
Perhaps we can wait for the actual reveal and then criticize. Having a pitch fork out for a game because it is the next one in line from the GaaS train, is kinda dumb.

Why bring on unnecessary negative narratives to a game and the brand that hasn't even been properly revealed.

• haha

Danja

Veteran
Icon Extra
10 Mar 2023

We all reacted to that trailer on this very forum last year during that tragic showcase... And we all hated it... The same way I hated the Concord Burger reveal, the same way I hated the Concord 4 minute Cinematic trailer.

I will wait for the proper GAMEPLAY reveal to have an opinion on the game. If that's an issue here, then feel free to ignore my posts going forward.

• Cerny

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
We all reacted to that trailer on this very forum last year during that tragic showcase... And we all hated it... The same way I hated the Concord Burger reveal, the same way I hated the Concord 4 minute Cinematic trailer.

I will wait for the proper GAMEPLAY reveal to have an opinion on the game. If that's an issue here, then feel free to ignore my posts going forward.
If you are modern audience, you will like. We ancient audience basturds won't give it a chance.

• noneofmybizz

Vertigo

Did you show the Darkness what Light can do?
26 Jun 2022
If you are modern audience, you will like. We ancient audience basturds won't give it a chance.

We see what the “modern” audience is worth.

Concord appealed to like 1,300 players. Not much of an audience.

They’ll screech and reeeeeee till the end of time but what’s that really worth? They’ll blame the “chuds” but they didn’t buy it either. The virtue signaling falls upon deaf ears. No one wanted this cringe trash.

• they're_right_you_know

TheLastOfSnatcher

6 Feb 2023
Not surprised at the dislike ratio. These games will never resonate with most of the Sony fanbase. The game could be amazing and have a short spark ( Helldivers2) but at the end, history repeats itself.

The major redflag I don't see many mentioning is the lack of updates these games usually receive. HD2 was excruciating hot ; nonetheless, they couldn't compete with the cadence of updates gamers expected.

What do you think it's going to happen with Jade Raymond's game? Even Naughty Dog took the L and accepted they didn't have enough teams for updates.

Not everyone become the behemoth what Fornite or even COD is. Let's not forget Activision had to canceled a bunch of games, migrate their studios to just become a COD assembly line.

Bottom line, Sony is in trouble. Am sure they are questioning every GaaS game in the pipeline today.

MiyazakiLovesKojima

Not surprised at the dislike ratio. These games will never resonate with most of the Sony fanbase. The game could be amazing and have a short spark ( Helldivers2) but at the end, history repeats itself.

The major redflag I don't see many mentioning is the lack of updates these games usually receive. HD2 was excruciating hot ; nonetheless, they couldn't compete with the cadence of updates gamers expected.

What do you think it's going to happen with Jade Raymond's game? Even Naughty Dog took the L and accepted they didn't have enough teams for updates.

Not everyone become the behemoth what Fornite or even COD is. Let's not forget Activision had to canceled a bunch of games, migrate their studios to just become a COD assembly line.

Bottom line, Sony is in trouble. Am sure they are questioning every GaaS game in the pipeline today.
This is a sobering post for people like @Danja & Sony Boys 💅

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
There is definitely a contingent of PlayStation fans that will shill for anything with Sony’s name and attack you if you don’t follow their kool-aid bs.

I for one knew never to listen to those stooges about multiplayer games. They hate them; you see it everyday. They don’t play them. They’re full of shit so when the game launched — oh you like this piece of cringe garbage? I am shocked. I am even more shocked they have no grasp as to why no one wants this. I dunno — ask the online gamers that rejected it en masse.

Gediminas

Boy...
Founder
21 Jun 2022

It was written in sand, we talked about it multiple times.
Inside Playstation, people are stupid, plain and simple, the man power required to have GaaS game is huge. 200, 300, 400 people is nothing in GaaS industry. Biggest Playstation studio is way under requireing number of people.

People who couldn't see that, most basics, should be fired for pushing this initiative.

Reactions: Killer_Sakoman

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022

I've been telling people to be careful about asking ND to do Factions. GaaS means all your resources + more will be required to maintain these games. It means ND and your favorite Single player developers won't be able to release your favorite Single player games anymore.
GaaS is very risky. We've seen more developers being shutdown by GaaS than developers of traditional games. A failed single player games can recover some of its cost while a failed GaaS is catastrophic.
I am worried these GaaS failures will have to be recovered by cutting from SSM, ND and others.

Reactions: arvfab

Shmunter

Veteran
22 Jul 2022
I've been telling people to be careful about asking ND to do Factions. GaaS means all your resources + more will be required to maintain these games. It means ND and your favorite Single player developers won't be able to release your favorite Single player games anymore.
GaaS is very risky. We've seen more developers being shutdown by GaaS than developers of traditional games. A failed single player games can recover some of its cost while a failed GaaS is catastrophic.
I am worried these GaaS failures will have to be recovered by cutting from SSM, ND and others.
RIP Rocksteady

The Factions GaaS wont be wasted, I'd wager it will be repurposed as a MP mode in the next TLOU game just like with Factions in the original. This would be ideal

• Shake

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
The way Insominac is recycling and iterating assets, gameplay, engine; launching dlc content as a game. Insomniac is basically doing single player Gaas with the marvel games.

Killer_Sakoman

Veteran
21 Jun 2022
The way Insominac is recycling and iterating assets, gameplay, engine; launching dlc content as a game. Insomniac is basically doing single player Gaas with the marvel games.
Problem is that most developers cannot release games fast even with reused assets and available technology. Not much has changed in game design or graphical details since PS4, however, we see development taking time because "games are complex, and 4K graphics blah blah blah".
Actually if anything, game engines are much easier to use and 3D modeling software are much easier to use.

Vertigo

26 Jun 2022
Problem is that most developers cannot release games fast even with reused assets and available technology. Not much has changed in game design or graphical details since PS4, however, we see development taking time because "games are complex, and 4K graphics blah blah blah".
Actually if anything, game engines are much easier to use and 3D modeling software are much easier to use.

I’m not hating on it. That’s how most sequels are made even from generation to generation. Just saying, Insomniac’s pipeline is similar to a service platform simply due to this iterative nature. They found a model that applies to single player. Hitman is another way.